Lockers

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I want to put in lockers for customer cues and gear. Anyone have a place for me to look ?
Because of the unique shape of a locker to hold a pool cue case and little else, they generally need to be custom made - relatively simple for any trim carpenter or cabinet maker, if you give them the specs you desire.

Our lockers in our Poolroom were made by my late dad 28 years ago, are roughly an 8”x 8”x 36” opening and stacked from floor to 7’ off the floor. There are two rows of them - the back row is accessible/opens on the end and the front row opens on the front. They are lockable and the customer provides their own lock.

We do not charge any of our regular customers a rental fee for keeping their pool cues in our lockers, but we only provide them for our regulars. We take no responsibility/liability for anything stolen out of the lockers, but luckily that has never been a problem. The lockers are located in a very open part of the pool room, which would make it difficult for someone to break into one without being noticed.

Last edited:

oilheadoug

Registered
I remember having a locker at my regular pool hall. It took me years on a waiting list to finally get it. I never kept a good cue in it, just a sneaky peat and various cue maintenance bits.

Eventually that place went out of business and another opened up across town. This pool hall was more fancy and had lockers available, but I didn't try to get one.

Then one day somebody broke in to the pool hall and stole all of the cues that were in the lockers. They took out the lockers the next week.

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just did a search for lockers on Facebook marketplace and had a bunch of decent used on new options within a reasonable distance.

snookered_again

if you make racks to lock cues in , please don't build them so all one has to do is unscrew the cue to take it without even opening the lock , so many are like that.