Looking For a Similar Table in the US…

Hello. Can anyone help me determine if a similar table can be had in the US? This is a Buffalo Pro II which I believe is made in the Netherlands and only available in Europe. Looks like a GC clone.

I am trying to find a good quality gloss black table. It’s going in the middle of my house which basically makes it the primary feature of my entire home so looks are pretty important for me. I called Brunswick and they confirmed that they will not do custom finishes.

3391FA6C-BFB4-4006-8832-A185AD4E29A9.jpeg

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Made in China and sold in Europe. Its another GC copy. B'wick used to offer the piano finish on the GC3 and GC4. IIRC the GC3's were partially made by Kimball piano co. They had the 'super wet' look to them. Try to find a used GC with the 'Hi-tech Black' or 'black poly' finish. Think the GC3's were the shiniest then the GC4 which wasn't quite as polished looking but still awesome.

Last edited:

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You can probably get a table vinyl wrapped if you can't find a black table. I know GC tables did come in black, should be around used.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only drawback(s) is the reflection off the castings and they are a B^&ch to keep clean. Show EVERY speck of dirt/lint/powder. The do look badass tho.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The PRC diamond might be a Moore realistic option.

Definitely a better playing table than an old crown

Too bad you didn't ask 60d ago.

I just got rid of this one.

I suggest patience and a lot of phone calls to mechanics in your part of the country.

Where are you, anyway?
I am in the US - middle Tennessee. Been looking for local used options for over a year now, and that just isn’t panning out. I am close to seeing if Diamond will do a gloss top coat for the Professional and being done with it. But I really would like ball return.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AFAIK D'mond doesn't do that. Even if they did the up-charge and the wait time could be brutal. Contact toledotrent and ask about black GC's. He might have a line on one.
I am in middle Tennessee. Been looking for local used options for over a year now, and that just isn’t panning out. I am close to seeing if Diamond will do a gloss top coat for the Professional and being done with it. But I really would like ball return.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in middle Tennessee. Been looking for local used options for over a year now, and that just isn’t panning out. I am close to seeing if Diamond will do a gloss top coat for the Professional and being done with it. But I really would like ball return.
Shit, I am west of DC... Not horribly far and a prior table of mine went to TN once already.

My diamond has ball return, black...but it is wood and the grain is obviously visible.

I'd have preferred PRC or dymond wood, but it was a surprise purchase at a great price, so I leaped

AFAIK D'mond doesn't do that. Even if they did the up-charge and the wait time could be brutal. Contact toledotrent and ask about black GC's. He might have a line on one.
I’m already looking at around 6 months for most tables so an extra month and $500 is fine by me. Diamond will do custom stains but I am not sure about a different top coat. I will ask. I would personally prefer wood so the Diamond is very close to what I want. Just not everything I want.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m already looking at around 6 months for most tables so an extra month and $500 is fine by me. Diamond will do custom stains but I am not sure about a different top coat. I will ask. I would personally prefer wood so the Diamond is very close to what I want. Just not everything I want.
No direct help for you, but your patience will be rewarded some day.

Do it right the first time.

No direct help for you, but your patience will be rewarded some day.

Do it right the first time.
No disagreement here. I made that mistake enough in my younger years. It is getting annoying at this point though so I am going to have to figure out what I am willing to sacrifice.

I end up coming up a little short with each manufacturer. Olhausen will heavily customize and do gloss black, but they focus on furniture tables and their rails are just not what I want. GC won’t customize at all and they use a laminate top rail which is fine but also not what I want. Canadian Billiards is also a laminate top rail unless you go with their furniture tables. Diamond may do a gloss black but no ball return.

TrxR

No disagreement here. I made that mistake enough in my younger years. It is getting annoying at this point though so I am going to have to figure out what I am willing to sacrifice.

I end up coming up a little short with each manufacturer. Olhausen will heavily customize and do gloss black, but they focus on furniture tables and their rails are just not what I want. GC won’t customize at all and they use a laminate top rail which is fine but also not what I want. Canadian Billiards is also a laminate top rail unless you go with their furniture tables. Diamond may do a gloss black but no ball return.
The Diamond Pro-Am is ball return but it may not be your style.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am in the US - middle Tennessee. Been looking for local used options for over a year now, and that just isn’t panning out. I am close to seeing if Diamond will do a gloss top coat for the Professional and being done with it. But I really would like ball return.
If you go the Diamond route, you can order maple wood instead of oak. The pores are much tighter, and when painted black, it will look much smoother than oak painted black.

I know you said glossy black, but if flat black will do you can get a brand new GC6 with that option.