Looking For a Similar Table in the US…

I will PM you. I was able to get an 8’ table in my last house because of what you describe. I had an opening and short wall at one end of the room. Unfortunately, I am not as fortunate with the long dimension of this room - Both real full walls at the ends.

However, the width (short dimension) of the room is a different story. It’s actually 17’+ except for a small section in the middle that is 16’ due to an arch in the room. I posted a picture on page 3 of this thread that shows the arch. Long story short, I have more than 17’ on the sides of the table at the ends.

This is all very helpful information so I appreciate it tremendously.

Everyone has their own subjective perspectives on what looks good/bad, but I’ve never found any furniture style table attractive at any level, they all look tacky to me. More importantly, the typically narrower rails & reduced real estate around the pockets to make comfortable hand bridges - are detrimental/awkward to both novice & seasoned players. Noob players may just not be aware of it…

I put my 9’ GC6 in a fairly tight room and it worked out just fine. Luckily my room has a large opening into the foyer on one end wall which helps. The installer gave me a few tips that I hadn’t thought of or found in my research during pre planning. Namely that statistically most tighter rail shots come up around the foot of the table, so its best if possible to orient things such that your hot spots that will require the shorty cue - are toward the head of the table. Also, rail shots come up more often in corners vs squarely in the middle of the end rails, so if you have plenty of width vs length (like you do, 16x17, when ideally for a 9’ you want a 15x19+), then if you purposely offset the table laterally a bit vs centering it in the room sideways - even just by 2-3”, you will eliminate all tight corner shots from one side of the table, whereas perfectly centering it - will generally leave you with a bit more instances of tighter rail shots on all edges of the table. You will also find that a 9’ GC occupies a few inches less total physical outer footprint than a 9’ Diamond - this doesn’t affect playable room space since that is determined by the table bed dimensions (100x50”) - however in a tight ish room where you will have chairs, pool racks, shelves etc - the general feel of the space will benefit from every inch you can find.

I’m a geeky engineer type & did a rather detailed table space analysis on my setup prior to purchase to convince myself I could make the 9’ GC work for my available space. Happy to share the doc with you - if interested, send me PM with your email.

BTW, not trying to push you into any particular direction on table brand - just sharing some of the stuff I ran into along the way in case it helps.

Cheers

Except where the 16’ arch is located, I have more than 17’. The head of the table will be at that sconce.

067F8656-DE7F-45EB-B7D4-A9889BB0283D.jpeg

I looked into these before I bought my diamond due to the fact you can add a gully system. My local dealer said they stopped selling Brunswick all together and called out this table really lacking in Q/C as one of the main reasons why. I would be careful buying one of these.
It is a shame more tables don’t have ball return. I don’t think this thread would even exist if the Diamond Professional had that option.

Nyquil

It is a shame more tables don’t have ball return. I don’t think this thread would even exist if the Diamond Professional had that option.
Ya, diamond would likely sell more professionals if they had one. For what it's worth drop pocket tables are much less abrasive on balls and keeping things clean is a whole lot easier. Ball returns are a nice feature that most like but they do come with the downside of scuffing and marking up balls. It's also kind of a pain to clean the gully and the tracks are difficult to keep chalk and dust free. I would say if a ball return is a must for you and you are making the investment with a nice set of aramiths make sure to buy a polisher.

trentfromtoledo

8onthebreaktoledo
Silver Member
I surely have been blessed to have some GREAT clients. The money comes and goes: MY PHOTO ALBUMS ARE MY REAL TREASURE. My book of work and my client base are what makes my company run. It aint the money, thats just needed to make it all happen. The connections that I make with my clients and their project outcomes = THE NOSTALGIA we all love about pool, the games, the family fun and the memories.

BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TOMORROW!!!!!

TFT

phreaticus

Well to follow up with you all. I contacted Diamond and they didn‘t know what a gloss finish is. :rolleyes:

So I guess that is out.
Hey, not knocking you for your desire for ball returns - but just curious, why are they so important for you? Personally, I never really understood why folks like them especially for a home table. Diamond ball return system is nice and all, but they all add bulk, clunky moving parts, are harsher on the balls, are a pain for trapping dropped chalks, and much noisier. Also for shooting drills, I find drops much more convenient. In the case of the Diamond, the Pro with drop pockets & rounded pedestal legs is so much more attractive than the boxy ProAM & smart table… just my $0.02

Not preaching, just discussing.

Cheers

Hey, not knocking you for your desire for ball returns - but just curious, why are they so important for you? Personally, I never really understood why folks like them especially for a home table. Diamond ball return system is nice and all, but they all add bulk, clunky moving parts, are harsher on the balls, are a pain for trapping dropped chalks, and much noisier. Also for shooting drills, I find drops much more convenient. In the case of the Diamond, the Pro with drop pockets & rounded pedestal legs is so much more attractive than the boxy ProAM & smart table… just my $0.02

Cheers
For me, it’s the sound. Nothing more than that. Probably due to nostalgia. It isn’t imperative by any means.

I have a feeling that I see a pool table how many people on this particular forum would see an air hockey table. Something fun to play but nothing one would consider practicing beyond just playing. And with that, I probably just annoyed competitive air hockey players. :)

TrxR

Cheers
There are no moving parts on a Diamond ball return

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
Kinda strange someone wants to spend their own money and get something they want.

I wouldn’t settle for less than what I want.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kinda strange someone wants to spend their own money and get something they want.

I agree but it looks like the table being hunted is a 'unicorn' model. Seriously, are you going to play on it or stare at it? Based on all that's been said before there's going to be some compromise here. I'd lean towards how it plays. Every time.

stevelomako

Things could be worse
Silver Member
I agree but it looks like the table being hunted is a 'unicorn' model.
Nah, he can get it.

Just has to spend a little bit more.

He can get a production cue, or pay a little more for a custom.

He was looking and hoping to pay a production price but so far it doesn’t look like he can.

phreaticus

Why pollute a thread with an asshole attitude? The guy is facing tradeoff challenges and I was just curious about the returns & respectfully asked him. He congenially replied & explained. Seems everyone is enjoying a peaceful discussion & interested in helping him out - but be a tool if you must.