Looking for cue maker for conversion

Lazerrus

I LUV CURLY MAPLE!!!!!
Gold Member
Silver Member
I am looking for a cue maker to do a nice conversion on an original Brunswick Hoppe cue.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You gonna get a million answers and you won't be better off for it.

Go with the guy above. Make the happy.

Do it now!!

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Go into knowing that you are going spend alot more than if you can find one already converted.

I have probably done 10 conversions over the years, and did okay when the cue market was hot. I could even make a little on each of them.

But now if you have to buy a titlist they are fewer nice ones that are good candidates for conversion, and you pay a fortune.

My advice is to look at the used cue market, as it is down and there are some incredible deals (compared to a number of years ago.) It will also tell you how much you could sell one for if you had one converted, and compare that to what you will have to spend.

My other advice is you can get a much nicer looking cue and for alot less money, if you go to Prather or others for one of their blanks instead of using a conversion cue.

If you STILL want to do the conversion, I recommend Rick Howard of Mace cues. Probably the best cuemaker for the money, IMO.

I wish you the best of rolls,

Ken

darmoose

Shutin@urhole is OVERATED
Silver Member
I am looking for a cue maker to do a nice conversion on an original Brunswick Hoppe cue.

I just bought a 26.5, 100 yr old titleist conversion that was done by Wayne Fincher of Seattle, Washington. Beautiful cue, you can find pictures here by searching Wayne Fincher cue.

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
-R- isn't taking any orders. Told me he's planning to retire by the end of the year. Tried talking him into making me a cue in mid October.

lawrence526

Registered
I really like Richard Blacks also, hey I have a Schon Unique that I might let go and a Turquoise Schon LTD also, let me know if you want pics and specs, Larry in Marion, IN.......

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what are you trying to get out of the cue?

if you want a super-solid player with a quick turnaround time, i'd go with ryan theewen aka rat cues or one of the carmeli off-shoots since you're in ca.

if you want a bushka type conversion and jerry r won't make it, try steve klein.