Looking for good place to play - Durham, NC

jwalko1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey all:

Doing a bit of travel this week...going to Raleigh-Durham, NC for business trip. I'll be there Tuesday and Wednesday and looking for recommendations for a good place to shoot a few racks.

I'd prefer a pool hall as compared to a bar with a couple of tables, but if the place is nice, we'll try it out.

Any recommendations?

Thanks;

John Walko

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I own a home in Chapel Hill but live in Chi Town now. Whenever I go back to NC I head straight for The Brass Tap on Capital Blvd. Been there over 20 years and still going strong. Brown's Billiards just up the road in Raleigh is a good spot also. Not to sure what is happening around Durham, Jump Shots is closed now but maybe the owners opened somewhere nearby. Good Luck let everyone know what you find!

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
There are several good options.

Chapel Hill - Oscar's
Durham - nothing
Raleigh - Brass Tap, Brown's, Buck's
Fuquay-Varina - On the Snap

Besides Brass Tap, if you go on a weeknight, be prepared to see most tables taken up by leagues.

Buck's (formerly Babineau's) is probably the nicest room in the area.

-djb

Majic

With The Lights ON !!
Silver Member
If you are looking to play in Durham then it is the Green Room.

DoomCue

David J. Baranski
Silver Member
High House Billiards in Cary isn't too shabby.

Totally forgot HHB, and I'm just five minutes from there. Forget about trying to play there on a Tuesday night, though - it's packed by league.

Sent from my EVO 4G with Tapatalk.

bmccaslin

Registered Human
Silver Member
If you're in Raleigh, Brass Tap & Billiards is a great room, as mentioned above. They've got one Diamond and 3 tightly-shimmed Gold Crowns that I always like to play on when I go there.

I made it to Brown's a couple times as well; they do league every night during the week though so getting a table sometimes might require a wait. But it is a very nice room as well.

jwalko1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you everyone...

Thanks for the replies. I'll probably have to wait until tomorrow to play, as we'll be busy tonight. Might try The Green Room or High House Billiards. I'll call first to see if leagues are playing.

We'll be staying in Durham, but driving to Raleigh isn't out of the question.

I appreciate the help.

John