Looking for Opinions

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
As my journey with pool continues I was wondering what the experts might think of where I am today.

Specifically - http://www.justin.tv/0kie/b/366372936

I have been streaming my practice sessions almost every day lately. I don't highlight them but they are there for a couple of days to be seen.

I appreciate all input.

Thank you,

Ken

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Ken

What is it that you need watching?

randyg

I gave a link to a short video in my post. My signature contains a link to my stream. On my channel there is a link to all my videos.

As the title says....just looking for opinions.

Thanks

Ken

One Pocket John

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As my journey with pool continues I was wondering what the experts might think of where I am today.

I have been streaming my practice sessions almost every day lately. I don't highlight them but they are there for a couple of days to be seen.

I appreciate all input.

Thank you,

Ken

Hey Ken,

The things that I noticed, and I'm sure you will agree after review of the tape.

1. your eyes are not level. your left eye is higher than your right. This could be distorting the true picture of the shot.

2. It appears that your pre-shot routine needs work. You don't seem to be lining up the shot correctly with your body and feet in the standing position. When you are bending over to shoot your body is coming across to the shot line rather than straight down into the shot line.

This is what you need to practice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_PkTwspJc&list=UULo0Kbj9BCnIvTPRO6NZvag

Your stroke appears to be clean.

I like the + you have on your videos. That's way cool. I need one of those for the tip of my cue. :)

John

Last edited:

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Hey Ken,

The things that I noticed, and I'm sure you will agree after review of the tape.

1. your eyes are not level. your left eye is higher than your right. This could be distorting the true picture of the shot.

2. It appears that your pre-shot routine needs work. You don't seem to be lining up the shot correctly with your body and feet in the standing position. When you are bending over to shoot your body is coming across to the shot line rather than straight down into the shot line.

This is what you need to practice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk_PkTwspJc&list=UULo0Kbj9BCnIvTPRO6NZvag

Your stroke appears to be clean.

I like the + you have on your videos. That's way cool. I need one of those for the tip of my cue. :)

John

Thank you John! Your input is appreciated!

Ken

Phoenix13

Banned

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
I don't like your follow through, you seem to be stopping at the cue ball? I also don't like your pre-shot routine (approach to the shot). You alos dont appear to be confident to me.

These snooker guys teach great fundamentals and when your ready to get lessons from a randy G,etc you can make really good advancements.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0rMSZfg0Tw&list=UULo0Kbj9BCnIvTPRO6NZvag&index=13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Fz2aljNx5VM#t=124s

FWIW, I have taken a lesson from a SPF instructor.

My follow through is fine - http://www.justin.tv/0kie/b/366537060

And yes...my approach is a work in progress.

Thank you for your input

Ken

Phoenix13

Banned
Ok, it was hard to see your follow through in that first video and that's why i added a question mark. It look like you were stopping short but in the other vid it looked good. keep up the good work :smile:

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Ok, it was hard to see your follow through in that first video and that's why i added a question mark. It look like you were stopping short but in the other vid it looked good. keep up the good work :smile:

Working hard Boss!

I appreciate you taking time to comment

Ken

FELIX

YA GATTA POST
Silver Member
Seeker

Nice to see ya postin again , I thought you ran away . Best to ya Robert

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Nice to see ya postin again , I thought you ran away . Best to ya Robert

How goes it Felix?!

7 and under tourney this weekend at Joe's Felix. you oughta come out and get 'em!

I can't pull myself away from this! Besides the tip John gave me seems to work pretty good. That video by Mr. Eckert was helpful! I made two changes from it and my eyes are almost level and I am in a more comfortable shooting position.

This is a tough place though. I have received private messages with opinions. They didn't feel comfortable posting in this forum...didn't wanna start a ruckus. Sad really...

Take yourself as an example. You have an excellent eye when it comes to pool. But I know you ain't gonna put up with the trashing some folks put out here. I imagine my saying this right here will bring out the flames! So be it...

images

Now we having fun!

Ken

FranCrimi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I appreciate all input.

Thank you,

Ken

I had to watch a 25 second commercial just to watch you shoot 3 pool shots. There's gotta be a better way.

CJ Wiley

ESPN WORLD OPEN CHAMPION
Gold Member
Silver Member
the exact same distance from the cue ball on each shot

I appreciate all input.

Thank you,

Ken

Are you the exact same distance from the cue ball on each shot? Until you are, its very difficult to develop an effective Pre Shot Routine. Your perspective of the cue ball and TBA (total body angles) are going to be different according to your distance from the cue ball. 'The Game is the Teacher' www.cjwiley.com

Okie

Seeker
Silver Member
Are you the exact same distance from the cue ball on each shot? Until you are, its very difficult to develop an effective Pre Shot Routine. Your perspective of the cue ball and TBA (total body angles) are going to be different according to your distance from the cue ball. 'The Game is the Teacher' www.cjwiley.com

Yes sir

Ken

theUBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
stroke analysis

Hey Oki

To be honest I am pretty astouned that there so many knowledgable guys here and apart from one/two posters no one seems to recognize you real problem!

1) You are left eye dominant - your head is not level (tilted to the left) which leads to a different perception of a straight line. Experement with taking your cue stick more between your eyes but still having yoúr nose pointing across your cue/lign of aim (straight under your chin) still using your left eye for aiming. (eye is not perfectly on the line of aim in your video) perfectly under the center of your chin. Right now the right part of your chin is under your cue!
Take a CD- hold it in both hands and look through the hole of the CD while you are standing in front of a mirror. Glue a reinforcement ring on the mirror and look though the hole of the CD trying to see the reinforcement ring perfectly in the center of the hole of the CD having both eyes opend. Then close your non dominant eye and observe if your picture changes. In case it does change, position of the CD in front of your head/eye more to the left /right until the picture stays the same. Observe your head/eye/chin position in relation to the hole of the CD. (hole of CD =shaft of your cue)

Due to your tilted head it might even be possible that the dominance of your eyes change when you are going down from your stance into your SET position. Work with the CD in front of the mirror bringing your head and CD dow like you would bend down at hte table on this subject until you find your perfect head/eye position.

2) In the first 2 strokes there is a curve. (SWIPE) in your stroke.-Pretty usual for righties with a left dominant eye is that you are stroking across the line of aim from right to left (your tip points to the left of the line of aim in your finish position.
What is this due to?

1: in case the picture that your dominant eye creates is not perfectly your subconscious tries to compensate for it. After a period of time this is part of your game.
To correct this I recommend the following:
1) Correct the position of your dominant eye
2) work on your stroke like this:
-Take your stance, having your eye on the line of aim- Step in and go down and keep your eye on that line. while going down.

-Find the spot at your chest from where you start your backswing. Even if you cue way under your chest try to find that spot by getting your cue up to your chest to just feel that specific spot at your chest. Now get your cue in your natuaral position and imagine to bring your back hand back to this spot/under this spot right on this line when you stroke forward.

-Being in your SET position you start positioning your tip as close as possible to the cue ball and check if it points right at the horizontal center of the cue ball. (best reference for you if you really hit the center of the cue ball is to check the highest point of your tip and the highest point of the cue ball. Horizontal center ball is right there where the curve of tip and curve of cue ball are right in one vertical line no matter if you adress the bottom or the top of the cue ball.

-Have your upper arm pretty close to your torso and keep it there during your stroke! Don't allow your elbow to fall off to the right during your stroke (forward swing)!

-Do NOT SWIVEL/NO PRACTICE STROKES! when beeing down, get quiet while breathing out into your belly, and just check your tip position at the cue ball (look at the cue ball). Now look at the object ball -do ONE SLOW backswing- pause (keep your eyes on the object ball) and feel the momentum when you are ready to stroke (feel to become the cue ball) and stroke forward (keep having your eyes on the object ball ) keeping your wrist steady (no movement to left or right) and imagine to bring the V of your back hand (soft space between your thumb and your index finger) forward on a straight line in the direction of the back of the object ball / or imagine a knuckle of your back hand that points down to the floor to stay on this line to the back of the object ball !!! with medium firm speed. EVERY TIME!

Do not try to do/force something- just let it happen! Do not try to succeed or to evaluate- just do it and observe the results.

- Stay down and observe the final position of your cue tip.

In case it still moves to the left after 10 tries repeat the process and only change your grip (turn your wrist slightly- keep your hand closed your thumb moves towards your body and your pinky turns away from your body without changing anything else and grip your cue with the exact amount of tightness that you have in your hand when you finish your stroke- same amount of pressure in your hand during the hole process of stroking.) Observe the results again without evaluating the results!

In case it is still not perfect change the position of your front foot only and repeat again. Observe and start to SMILE!!!!:)

report back!

EKKES from the SEE SYSTEM

Last edited:

FELIX

YA GATTA POST
Silver Member
See system

Looks like good stuff , i am going to try this tonight. Thanks robert