Looking for some help, to help out a hero....

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Thank you!

Hi Rain-Man, I tracked the shaft and it will be arriving tomorrow.

Thank you, I appreciate the update!

I received the package of supplies from you guys (Cuestix) this afternoon. Thanks a bunch guys, that was very nice of you...:embarrassed2:

Rain-Man

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Rain-Man & everyone else:

I received a couple of emails and phone calls from some people wanting to know a little bit more about the authenticity of this American hero and I took the liberty of getting in touch with him. Some of my AZ friends wanted to be sure that they weren't being duped by an imposter. I checked him out thoroughly and he called me on my cell. We spoke for a few minutes and I confirmed that he is who Rain-Man said he was.

He is a fine young man and he is the person that Ray is dealing with. I was dancing like a cat on a hot tin room with the conversation trying to stay clear of anything that might spoil the surprise and managed to do so.

He is who he says he is and just for the record, he doesn't think of himself as a hero, at least not from the brief conversation that we had. I was uncomfortable talking to him. It's probably one of the few times I've been uncomfortable talking to someone on the phone, simply because I didn't want to give up the surprise. I did promise to stay in touch and if we cross paths with one another, I will be offering my pool instruction and of course my friendship.

I'm sure Rain-Man will provide new information as the opportunity presents itself.

Once again, thank you Rain-Man and thank all of you AZBers who stepped up to the plate. You are all one hell of a family.

To those who didn't get the chance to donate and wanted to, I'm sure there will be other opportunities to help out other deserving people. I'm especially appreciative of being in this number as you already know.

JoeyA

yally

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Think he might like a magic rack? I missed out on the fundraiser, but would be game to buy one of these for him. Might be easier to rack the balls?

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
I hear he plays well enuf that he won't have to rack too often :cool:

Seriously though nice offer. Just PM Rain man.

Also just wanted to say it is nice to see a friendly 5 pg. thread here.

And to many thank you for your service.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Friday Update...

Hi all,

Im pressed for time here, but wanted to update everyone real quick (one of my kitchen exhaust fans at my business decided to crap the bed today, of course on my busiest day of the week.. :angry:, and I am waiting on a part to arrive to try and get it going again...)...

I shipped everything out today. I sent it Express mail, and had it at the P.O. by 3pm, so im hoping I got it there in time for it to be shipped to him by tomorrow...

I took some pics of everything that was shipped (there are a few donations that will be given to him after he receives this shipment, a book from "doitforthegame", and another donation from an AZ'er who wished to remain anonymous..)..
I really hope that I handled everything to every ones liking/approval.. I've never handled anything like this before where a group of basically strangers came together for a cause, and I tried very hard to take every ones suggestions and opinions into consideration.. Im more used to doing whatever I do, how I want to do it, and thats that... So if I did or didnt do something that should have been done, or done differently, im sorry for that :eek:.

I want to thank you all for your unbelievable generosity and outreach. It really was way beyond anything I could have imagined and you all deserve a pat on the back for helping show one of our real life hero's just a small token amount of our thanks for his service and sacrifice for us all...

Thanks,
Rain-Man

P.S. - On the envelope of the card, I wrote "Thank you... From your friends on the AZ Billiards Forum"

Banks

Banned
Well done, everybody. :woot:

I have a question, though..

What's that gray and black thingy? Is that one end of a cue display thing?

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
This is the best of what AZB is all about. Very proud to be a part of this amazing community.

Lonestar_jim

Two & Out
Silver Member
Thanks Rain-Man. No coal in your stocking this Christmas. You just made Santa's "nice" list.

Same goes for the rest of you guys.

Sent from my SCH-M828C using Tapatalk 2

Diamond69

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great job to Rain-Man and all who donated to help out this hero!! Wish I could have donated, but unemployment is killing me. This is a great story, and I'm sure many started out leery of another drama/scam thread.

Everything I see from my screen seems to show this was nothing but a great move by a classy member to help out a service hero!

What a great community AZB can be!! Proud to be part of it.

XSubmariner

Registered
I hear ya Diamond69, I'm in the same boat as you, I would have loved to donate to this cause, however I have been unemployed myself for quite a while (this too shall pass).

However I'm proud to be a member of this board (What was the quote from that Groucho Mark's " I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member... ) Well Gentlemen ( Don't get excited I use that word loosely ) & Ladies, way to go !!!
Being a vet myself I certainly appreciate the out pouring of generosity and support from everyone to a true American Hero.

God bless, and to quote a friend of mine "May all the roll's go your way"

;-)

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Hi all,

Im pressed for time here, but wanted to update everyone real quick (one of my kitchen exhaust fans at my business decided to crap the bed today, of course on my busiest day of the week.. :angry:, and I am waiting on a part to arrive to try and get it going again...)...

I shipped everything out today. I sent it Express mail, and had it at the P.O. by 3pm, so im hoping I got it there in time for it to be shipped to him by tomorrow...

I took some pics of everything that was shipped (there are a few donations that will be given to him after he receives this shipment, a book from "doitforthegame", and another donation from an AZ'er who wished to remain anonymous..)..
I really hope that I handled everything to every ones liking/approval.. I've never handled anything like this before where a group of basically strangers came together for a cause, and I tried very hard to take every ones suggestions and opinions into consideration.. Im more used to doing whatever I do, how I want to do it, and thats that... So if I did or didnt do something that should have been done, or done differently, im sorry for that :eek:.

I want to thank you all for your unbelievable generosity and outreach. It really was way beyond anything I could have imagined and you all deserve a pat on the back for helping show one of our real life hero's just a small token amount of our thanks for his service and sacrifice for us all...

Thanks,
Rain-Man

P.S. - On the envelope of the card, I wrote "Thank you... From your friends on the AZ Billiards Forum"

Rain-Man,
Those pics look AWESOME. Any confirmation of delivery or receipt yet?
JoeyA

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Yes

Hi,

Yes, the package was delivered and signed for by I believe his wife.. I havent heard back from him as of yet, which is why I didnt post an update.. As soon as I hear anything I will pass the info along to everybody..

Thanks for the praise on the pics Joey :wink:

Rain-Man

sfleinen

14.1 & One Pocket Addict
Gold Member
Silver Member
Oh man, I'm just itching to hear his reaction!

Rain-Man, as a veteran myself, I can say authoritatively you did good, man. You easily demonstrated just how many good folks are here, and how this man's service for his country is appreciated.

Although you did misspell my screenname on the gift/thank-you card. ;) ("5 Fleinen" instead of sfleinen. Damn, I should have my screenname renamed to something less cryptic...)

-Sean

fastone371

Certifiable
Silver Member
Great job Rainman, you did perfect, I cant imagine anyone else who could have done better!!!!! Not only did you take the time to set all this stuff up, but you hit it out of the park just coming up with the idea to do it all in the first place.

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Oh man, I'm just itching to hear his reaction!

Rain-Man, as a veteran myself, I can say authoritatively you did good, man. You easily demonstrated just how many good folks are here, and how this man's service for his country is appreciated.

Although you did misspell my screenname on the gift/thank-you card. ;) ("5 Fleinen" instead of sfleinen. Damn, I should have my screenname renamed to something less cryptic...)

-Sean

Thank you sir....

Lol, I had my wife fill out the card for me because my handwriting is SO terrible.. It is so bad that I DID have your screen name correct on the piece of paper I handed to her to copy to the card, but she thought my "s" was a "5" :eek: Sorry about that, and whats funny is that I didnt catch it when she handed me the card, but did see it AFTER I sent the package and posted the pictures...

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Update

Hi,

I just finished watching tonight's episode of "The O'Reilly Factor", and there was a "Watters World" segment about the money that was raised to purchase all-terrain wheelchairs for our injured warriors.. Brought tears to my eye watching it. The non-profit that raises money for this is The Independence Fund.. I cant stress enough how important it is for us to show these guys (and girls) how much we care and appreciate all they have sacrificed for us. They, and ALL our Veterans have allowed us all to do the things we do every day, and probably take for granted....

I heard back from 'Our' hero we pulled together for last week. He emailed me back yesterday after I sent a message on Sunday night asking if he had received the package (I knew it had been signed for, by his wife, but hadnt heard anything from him) and said, "I'm sorry, I'm out of town. Ill email you in the next day or two, but yes, I think it did because my wife said a package showed up, but I didn't get an invoice yet?"... :thumbup:

I still have a few more items that I received after I sent the package on Friday (a copy of "Do it for the Game" from doitforthegame, a Perfect Aim DVD from genomachino, a sizable cash donation from a member who wished to remain anonymous, and an offer of a PurpleHeart break cue from snipershot that I told to hold off from shipping it until I heard back from him).

I will update when I hear from him...

Thanks all,
Rain-Man

cmbwsu

Pool Stream Advocate
Silver Member
Hi,

I just finished watching tonight's episode of "The O'Reilly Factor", and there was a "Watters World" segment about the money that was raised to purchase all-terrain wheelchairs for our injured warriors.. Brought tears to my eye watching it. The non-profit that raises money for this is The Independence Fund.. I cant stress enough how important it is for us to show these guys (and girls) how much we care and appreciate all they have sacrificed for us. They, and ALL our Veterans have allowed us all to do the things we do every day, and probably take for granted....

I heard back from 'Our' hero we pulled together for last week. He emailed me back yesterday after I sent a message on Sunday night asking if he had received the package (I knew it had been signed for, by his wife, but hadnt heard anything from him) and said, "I'm sorry, I'm out of town. Ill email you in the next day or two, but yes, I think it did because my wife said a package showed up, but I didn't get an invoice yet?"... :thumbup:

I still have a few more items that I received after I sent the package on Friday (a copy of "Do it for the Game" from doitforthegame, a Perfect Aim DVD from genomachino, a sizable cash donation from a member who wished to remain anonymous, and an offer of a PurpleHeart break cue from snipershot that I told to hold off from shipping it until I heard back from him).

I will update when I hear from him...

Thanks all,
Rain-Man

Email him back and ask him to tape the opening and say a few words. We'd love to see his reaction. Give him the link to the thread as well -- perhaps he'll come on board ... it would be an honor to have him in the fold.