Looking for very specific cue from Parrot cues (not John parrot)

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I should probably put this in the wanted section but not many ppl look there and this is something I've been after for a while. Right to the point... Parrot Cues from Richmond, VA has changed hands a few times. I am looking for a cue that was made by Charlie Fleming back when he and David Hodges were partners before Charlie sold Parrot Cues to David Hodges. The cues made by Charlie are identified by the Parrot silhouette facing to the left where as it was changed to face to the right when David Hodges bought and took it over. There were very few cues made by Charlie but I know that eventually somewhere one will pop up. The only one I've ever seen is owned by Charlie himself. Anyone got any info on any of them or know someone that does? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Justin B.

jmelvin23

Registered
I have a Parrot cue that I bought years ago in Richmond - the parrot logo faces right, so I guess it was made by David Hodges.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Todd bought parrot back around 01
Parrot Cue 7801 W. Broad St. Richmond, Virginia 23294. Contact: Todd Elkins Phone: (804) 358 - 7665. Email:

Cory in DC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know I should probably put this in the wanted section but not many ppl look there and this is something I've been after for a while. Right to the point... Parrot Cues from Richmond, VA has changed hands a few times. I am looking for a cue that was made by Charlie Fleming back when he and David Hodges were partners before Charlie sold Parrot Cues to David Hodges. The cues made by Charlie are identified by the Parrot silhouette facing to the left where as it was changed to face to the right when David Hodges bought and took it over. There were very few cues made by Charlie but I know that eventually somewhere one will pop up. The only one I've ever seen is owned by Charlie himself. Anyone got any info on any of them or know someone that does? I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
-Justin B.

This information may be out of date, but as long as I can remember, Charlie has done cue work at Sports 2000 in Dundalk, MD: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sports-2000/116038101751834. Maybe just call and talk to him? He's a super nice guy who does great work!

Cory

billy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought Todd bought parrot back around 01
Parrot Cue 7801 W. Broad St. Richmond, Virginia 23294. Contact: Todd Elkins Phone: (804) 358 - 7665. Email:

The address is my old pool room in Richmond now closed but the phone number still may be his?

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One stroke- he did buy it from David Hodges around that time.

Cory- yes, I know Charlie and he owns/runs charlies pro shop out of the green room in dundalk/baltimore. I talk to him a lot and yea, he is a very nice guy who does amazing repair work but unfortunately he doesn't have any leads on any of the cues he made because there were so few of them and ita been a long time. He still has one that he gifted to a friend but his friend ended up giving it back to him (I forget why) but I know for a fact he won't ever sell it. It has lots of ebony and ivory parrot silhouettes and I believe 4 points with small very sharp ivory diamonds and the cue is just beautiful all over. I'm pretty sure out of the eight he did that's probably one of if not the nicest one he did which is why he kept it. Its amazing.

Jmelvin- it might have been made by David or Todd depending what year it was made as I think Todd still stuck with the same logo but I can't be 100% sure on. Just so u know I still might be interested in purchasing one facing right if u have any pics u can send me by chance but no matter what, I'm always going to be looking for one with the silhouette facing left if anyone comes across one.

Last edited:

rrick33

Rick
Silver Member
I have one of Charlie's original cues #25. It has a Corian grip with birds eye maple forearm and purple heart points with veneers. plus 2 shafts. 19.5 oz.

Might be willing to part with it.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have one of Charlie's original cues #25. It has a Corian grip with birds eye maple forearm and purple heart points with veneers. plus 2 shafts. 19.5 oz.

Might be willing to part with it.

Love to see a picture, Charlie is one of the best guys in the pool world.

el_h3fe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sorry i didnt respond sooner but ive been sick. Yes, charlie is awesome and extremely knowledgeable. Ive learned quite a bit from him. Anyway, rrick33 id love for you to send me some pics of it. And anyone else that has one oe knows where one kight be, id love any more info. Even just pics, id love to see pics of some too.

Thanks alot,
-Justin B.