Loree Jon Snooze.............

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Another way to look at this...

If I KNOW you are a person that wil not call a foul on yourself, every time you play a ball where your body blocks my sightline, now, I HAVE to get up, squat down, and see thst you are not touching a ball..

It makes for a lot more stress during a match. The way I look at it, I will call EVERY foul on myself, because if I foul and don't get called on it, and win... What did I actually win? Best cheater award?

And for the record, I've been putting a lot of heat on pros at Derby, including having Scott Frost down 5-0, 6-0 in back to back One Pocket games last year, so I am a little more than a league player.
Awesome Russ, you are a great and honest pool player.

I get what you are saying about the the body blocking but like I said above in regards to myself, if you couldn't see and weren't sure, if you asked me it was a foul, I would have said "yes" if it was. I'm not going to argue that it was a good shot if I knew it was a foul. I'm not going to intentionally block anyone from seeing the shot.

There are so many things like this in pool that can be debated until the cows come home. The time with Earl and Jayson playing 14.1 and Earl calls the wrong ball and is still allowed to shoot. Or Shane and Jayson playing box 8ball and Shane didn't call the obvious 8ball shot and Jayson called him on it and won the match.

I sit down and watch my opponent shoot. I want the same in return.

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is a question... with everyone's infinite honesty here:

If you were ringside, would you have told LJ that Jenn fouled if you noticed it?

No chance. Nor would I if two friends were gambling. Only if they asked my opinion. And I can't see that ever happening.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
No chance. Nor would I if two friends were gambling. Only if they asked my opinion. And I can't see that ever happening.

Exactly.

So if what Jenn did was in fact "cheat", would the bystander who did nothing to intervene also be considered a cheater to just let it go? Afterall, by not saying anything you are perpetuating the "dishonesty".

Here is where the conversation falls into the "well their match is none of my business and I shouldn't get involved" discussion, which is where this thread and people's opinions should have started.

Edit to add: I respect everyone's opinion in this thread regardless if you respect mine. This is good banter and has been awhile since I've gotten involved in one of these discussions.

Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Exactly.

So if what Jenn did was in fact "cheat", would the bystander who did nothing to intervene also be considered a cheater to just let it go? Afterall, by not saying anything you are perpetuating the "dishonesty".

Here is where the conversation falls into the "well their match is none of my business and I shouldn't get involved" discussion, which is where this thread and people's opinions should have started.

Edit to add: I respect everyone's opinion in this thread regardless if you respect mine. This is good banter and has been awhile since I've gotten involved in one of these discussions.

Realistically, it probably depends on what my opinion is of the player being "cheated".

If it is Jason Shaw or Denis Grabe who missed the ball-in-hand, I'll ignore and buy their opponent dinner if they end up winning.

Icon of Sin

Silver Member
Realistically, it probably depends on what my opinion is of the player being "cheated".

If it is Jason Shaw or Denis Grabe who missed the ball-in-hand, I'll ignore and buy their opponent dinner if they end up winning.

:thumbup:

Literally laughed out loud at this.

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so loree jon says she didnt see it and believes jenn didnt see it but the keyboard warriors on az billiards know exactly what both were thinking and doing.. you guys are whats wrong with more than just pool

She is a little snake & I know this first hand. I don't give a damn what LJJ says, that woman is a cheat & not surprising coming from her.

shinobi

kanadajindayo
Silver Member
I was sitting right there in the stands and missed it, 4 balls total moved and the 1 and 3 were close to the rail, easy to not see it. Plus she hit the 1 plenty hard to hit a rail - it just hit a ball before it got there.

If she had hit the 1 soft, everybody would have been watching for a rail.

I dont think she saw it.
Jason

I just watched the shot, which is around 2h41m, and she DID hit the 1 soft. It seemed incredibly obvious that nothing was going to hit a rail, and I'm certain JB knew it. I'm even surprised LJ didn't notice it.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just watched the shot, which is around 2h41m, and she DID hit the 1 soft. It seemed incredibly obvious that nothing was going to hit a rail, and I'm certain JB knew it. I'm even surprised LJ didn't notice it.

Thank you for noticing that as well.

I thought I was going crazy when I kept seeing people say she hit the shot hard.

PoolBum

Ace in the side.
Silver Member

I don't think Loree Jon could see the table well from where she was sitting. The only person in a position to see it was Barretta.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't think Loree Jon could see the table well from where she was sitting. ...
Ummmm.... It is her right and her duty as a player in an unrefereed match to be where she can see the shot. I think all she would have had to do is stand up as soon as the cue ball was struck.

Maybe they were both tired at that point and weren't into noticing fine details like rails. The pace of that match would certainly take the starch out of me.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
I always call a foul on myself with that JB shot... it's a good way of teaching newbies a ball must hit a rail after contact with object ball.

poolpro2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have only watched from the OP time...

Being someone very familiar with pain, the way LJ walked up and was holding her head when she racked looked bad to me. Then later she was rubbing the spot between her eyes.
I believe she was totally distracted by her migraine and any looking away was from movement and lights.
When I shoot, my main concerns are if I made a good hit (including ball to rail) and the success of the shot (make or defense).
If you have played for a while, it is rare that you don't notice when it does not happen.
Just my .02.

jimmyco

NRA4Life
Silver Member
I am still fairly new to pool, so please forgive my ignorance in asking; in a hill-hill game where both players are facing two and out, why wasn't a ref available?

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
I am still fairly new to pool, so please forgive my ignorance in asking; in a hill-hill game where both players are facing two and out, why wasn't a ref available?

Hill-hill is when the game count is tied and the next game determines the match winner.

poolandpokerman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have watched the video, she was watching the balls roll, I just don't think JB did not know she didn't hit a rail. Other then that, "it is what it is". What happened after the shot, it is between the two players.

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
An almost identical situation happened with Jayson and Petri: Shaw showed class and picked-up the ball without hesitation.