Loree Jon Snooze.............

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Both players were watching the balls roll after contact with the one. LJ even stood up with her eyes on the table before the CB and 1 came to a stop.

It's hard for me to believe that Baretta didn't notice she fouled, but it's equally hard for me to believe that Loree Jon didn't notice it. Since Loree Jon clearly legitimately didn't see it, you have to acknowledge the possibility that Jenn was legitimately unaware of it too.

Except that the incentives are so different that not calling it is very strong evidence that one (Loree Jon) didn’t see it but very weak evidence that the other (JB) didn’t see it.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Crap happens. I think we all have over looked things at our jobs that we perform thousands of times.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was watching live on the stream and didn’t notice it. It was a bit of a weird shot in that she hit the balls relatively hard and got some decent movement.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet all that rack checking and slow play JB does didn't help Loree's migraine.

Thought Mike forbid the grade 3 rack inspection? She looked like Earl with the magnifying glass peering into them.

Loree has a lot of class giving her a pass.

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What are the odds that a touring professional who's played thousands of racks wouldn't realize they fouled?
She can see 1/10000th of a millimeter of space between racked balls but misses this. Whatever. Totally agree.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thought Mike forbid the grade 3 rack inspection? She looked like Earl with the magnifying glass peering into them.

Loree has a lot of class giving her a pass.

There was at least one instance she had Loree re-rack. Loree reracked then JB took another look, then Loree gave a look like WTH is wrong with this rack..

FWIW, it does seem like JB was breaking it well after taking a good look of the rack.

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There was at least one instance she had Loree re-rack. Loree reracked then JB took another look, then Loree gave a look like WTH is wrong with this rack..

FWIW, it does seem like JB was breaking it well after taking a good look of the rack.

Went to JB facebook page to see if she commented on the missed foul. Nothing.

Did see her new cover photo of her wearing glasses and peering into one of those racks.

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
too bad

What if one of the spectators had called it out to LJ as a foul?
Not sure what the rules are for that.......

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member

If the Professionals involved in the match are cool with the results/outcomes, etc, then that's the end of it...I suspect if LJH has any issues at all with the situation, her and JB will sort it out in private. No hard feelings, and the wheel goes round & round. :cool:
Best regards.
j2

TheLoneSilencer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LJJ is classy enough to give her a pass but anyone with a brain knows Jen pulled a move & it would not be the first time.

She can see millimeter issues with a rack but somehow misses the balls not hitting a rail when she was standing there looking at both balls. Yeah right....

This is the same one who played April Larson & was pulling rack moves & taking even longer than normal on shots to the point of a ref coming over.

She is not above pulling bullshit moves & these are just matches known. If you only knew about similar shit in non streamed matches.

A snake will always be a snake.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
LJJ is classy enough to give her a pass but anyone with a brain knows Jen pulled a move & it would not be the first time.

She can see millimeter issues with a rack but somehow misses the balls not hitting a rail when she was standing there looking at both balls. Yeah right....

This is the same one who played April Larson & was pulling rack moves & taking even longer than normal on shots to the point of a ref coming over.

She is not above pulling bullshit moves & these are just matches known. If you only knew about similar shit in non streamed matches.

A snake will always be a snake.
So much for the gloves and sugar coating. ;)

StraightPoolIU

Brent
Silver Member
So what's wrong with pool is a player maybe not calling a foul on herself on a shot where like 4 balls moved on a Friday night in the middle rounds of a tournament that probably less than 500 people were watching stream and in person combined?

I can't believe this website is free.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
Is it really Barretta's responsibility to call the foul on herself?

In a professional tournament absent a referee, IMHO Yes.

If by chance they both didnt see it AND it's being moderated or commentators are calling the match for a sponsored live stream, those commentating should be allowed and obligated to make the players aware....

This may be a blasphemous statement for pool but even in pool I believe honesty and fairness are the best policies. :)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
Is it really Barretta's responsibility to call the foul on herself?

No it's not. These players are playing for a living, and a not so good one at that. If one wants to be careless about her income the other deserves to take advantage of it

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

In BCA league rules :

1-41 Coaching

1. During your match, it is a foul if you ask for, or intentionally receive, assistance in planning or executing any shot.
2. It is a foul if you receive unsolicited assistance from a spectator associated with you (e.g., spouse/partner, relative, teammate). “Assistance” includes being alerted to an opponent’s foul.
3. If you are not aware of an opponent’s foul, and you are alerted to the foul by unsolicited information from a spectator not associated with you, the foul is not enforceable but you do not incur any additional penalty.

I don’t know what rules they use at this event, but those are the most complete set of rules I’m aware of. Even WPA rules don’t address that situation.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
The issue here is not one of "rules", it is one of honesty, morality, and ethics....if anyone cannot see this, then he hasn't any.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If JB seen it and didn't call it, to me.... she is a piece of chit.

Then again, when you are playing its considered "DISRESPECTFUL" to not watch your opponent's play. So, may she thought about that????

And lastly:
It happens. People foul all the time and never even notice.

ALTHOUGH.......usually not pros!!!