Making the wingball everytime

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are those that wish we still lived in the 90's -- where the racks were loose, the spreads were random, and the 9-ball flying into one of the bottom corner pockets was treated as a nearly miraculous shot instead of the result of a loose rack.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
So Corey Deuel is a cheater??

And Joe Tucker is a cheater too I guess??

I have never played Corey Deuel so I wouldn't know first hand. What I do know is Buddy Hall and Grady Matthews, on separate occasions, said that he was right in front of me.

Joe Tucker states flat out in his book that he is providing the information to call out the cheaters and make people aware of what to look for so they don't get cheated. Not to tell people how to cheat.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does everyone keep comparing the break to a deck of cards? They are completely different. A shuffled deck of cards has random outcome. I tightly racked 9-ball rack has the exact same outcome every time. So why the comparison?

If you weren't thinking it may be cheating, why did you even bother to post on here at all?

I guess you wanted everyone to agree with you and then, when that wasn't the case, you started making excuses for it.

If you are such a breaking expert and so worried about a perfect rack or lack of one, then why aren't you using the Magic Rack or the Accu-Rack?

Is it because you won't have an advantage anymore?

If you weren't thinking it may be cheating, why did you even bother to post on here at all?

I guess you wanted everyone to agree with you and then, when that wasn't the case, you started making excuses for it.

If you are such a breaking expert and so worried about a perfect rack or lack of one, then why aren't you using the Magic Rack or the Accu-Rack?

Is it because you won't have an advantage anymore?

Yes, that is the reason. If everyone uses the magic there is no advantage. Just like if you are good a jumping you will decide that jumping is allowed. Or if you a very good safe player you will decide on the 3 foul rule. I try to get the edge anyway I can, who wouldn't??

I have never played Corey Deuel so I wouldn't know first hand. What I do know is Buddy Hall and Grady Matthews, on separate occasions, said that he was right in front of me.

Joe Tucker states flat out in his book that he is providing the information to call out the cheaters and make people aware of what to look for so they don't get cheated. Not to tell people how to cheat.

What?!? You clearly did not read his book. He shows how to slug rack, only for the reason of showing what to look out for. Other than that, he is explaining which balls are the "correct balls to freeze" to ensure that your opponent gives you a good rack. And then he goes on to talk about the correct breaking location to get the wing ball to fall. You are so misinformed...

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, that is the reason. If everyone uses the magic there is no advantage. Just like if you are good a jumping you will decide that jumping is allowed. Or if you a very good safe player you will decide on the 3 foul rule. I try to get the edge anyway I can, who wouldn't??

I don't try to get any advantage except my playing ability.

If it were up to me, I'd outlaw jump cues, too.

I'd also outlaw the 3-foul rule and go back to playing, two foul push-out.

To each their own, I guess.

Maybe we can put pockets that open and close every two seconds and you have to time your shot exactly. We can make pool into putt-putt or some other game.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
What?!? You clearly did not read his book. He shows how to slug rack, only for the reason of showing what to look out for. Other than that, he is explaining which balls are the "correct balls to freeze" to ensure that your opponent gives you a good rack. And then he goes on to talk about the correct breaking location to get the wing ball to fall. You are so misinformed...

Yeah right. I have everything he ever published on the subject including his DVDs and I never read or watched any of it. Got it.

We're done talking.

Last edited:

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's kinda like how they sell pipes at every gas station and they are labeled " for tobacco use only " lol.

I'm kind of on the fence about this racking though. I personally don't know how to dick the rack so that does put me at a disadvantage playing someone who does but I do believe it to be a skill of sorts though. I think once racked no one should be allowed to touch the rack period - as in everyone that massages the one after rack is lifted. I also think it's oponents right to inspect each rack and demand a rerack if he thinks it's unsatisfactory. What about the Sardo? Wasn't that supposed to give a perfect, tight rack everytime? I am not a fan of the templates for several reasons one of which is when they have to be left on the table after play begins. I know a lot of people say this isn't so but I honestly believe it could affect a slow rolled ball. This may not come up that often but with my luck it would be hill hill for a G and I would be the one slow rolling the ball😆

DrCue'sProtege

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Assuming the spot is on perfect, would the wing ball be more likely to go into the corner pocket if the 1-Ball is racked just a hair high or a hair low relative to the spot?

r/DCP

Assuming the spot is on perfect, would the wing ball be more likely to go into the corner pocket if the 1-Ball is racked just a hair high or a hair low relative to the spot?

r/DCP

You have to adjust the break speed to account for any vertical displacement from the spot. The wing ball still goes.

Rjmoncrief

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
100% cheating. If whoever is breaking knows that a speific ball will go into a speciific hole then its cheating. The break is and was not designed to know what is going where. If I'm playing rack your own and my opponent makes it 3 times in a row then it will no longer be rack your own. If they don't like it, I pull up.

100% cheating. If whoever is breaking knows that a speific ball will go into a speciific hole then its cheating. The break is and was not designed to know what is going where. If I'm playing rack your own and my opponent makes it 3 times in a row then it will no longer be rack your own. If they don't like it, I pull up.

Ok, so what happens when I make the wing ball three times in a row when you're racking? Is that cheating too?

bradsh98

Bradshaw Billiard Service
Silver Member
I'll play you ALL DAY, EVERY DAY where I rack and we can bet you don't make it.

Then you would be the one cheating...

If you give a good rack, the wing ball goes every time.. Knowing what gaps can be allowed, and still make the wing ball, is not cheating, despite what you think. You are 100% wrong in this argument.

ChopStick

Unsane Poster
Silver Member
Remember I'm not teaching you to cheat. I am teaching you to protect yourself. (From the cheaters in this thread apparently)

But if you decide to join the darkside, I hope it keeps you up at night.

Joe Tucker page 11 Racking Secrets.