Master Thread for forum issues

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Am I missing it, or is there no place to make a signature anymore?
My posts have signatures. The main thing that has changed is that there is no way to turn off the signature on a per-post basis. Perhaps you have turned off "view signatures" somewhere.

boogieman

It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that ping.
My posts have signatures. The main thing that has changed is that there is no way to turn off the signature on a per-post basis. Perhaps you have turned off "view signatures" somewhere.
In my preferences view peoples signatures is on, I can see them, but I can't find the place in the control panel to actually make one.

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
In my preferences view peoples signatures is on, I can see them, but I can't find the place in the control panel to actually make one.
Click on your user name in the upper right.

in the pop up window, click on Preferences toward the bottom left.

in the new pop up, click on Signature in the menu to the left.

Type in something interesting or amusing.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Consider a Preference that allows us to hide other's signatures for X number of posts or something like this to save space. I like signatures but again and again when they are large wastes space, Thanks

SSDiver2112

2b || !2b t^ ?

I haven’t been able to find the signature editor either. I go to Preferences and then the menu, but no Signature.

A4E000D6-D928-4AD2-864D-5707057FE79B.jpeg

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Click on preferences. You should get another screen with Signature just below.

Attachments

• PNG image.png
    PNG image.png
    623.9 KB · Views: 70

boogieman

I haven’t been able to find the signature editor either. I go to Preferences and then the menu, but no Signature.

View attachment 575462
Click on preferences. You should get another screen with Signature just below.
There is no signature box on mine, it's just not on the menu on the left for me.
Signature.PNG

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
There is no signature box on mine, it's just not on the menu on the left for me.
Well ..... Then my theory is that signatures were carried over from the old system, but in the new system only gold members are allowed to edit their signatures, since that seems to fit with the few examples discussing it here. If Mike's intent is to have signatures be a gold benefit, then signatures for the bronze and silver people should not be displayed since it appears they cannot be edited.

Biloxi Boy

Man With A Golden Arm
Sssssssssshhhhhhhh. Don't rat us out, Bob! You California cats are supposed to have transcended elitism.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shouldn't this thread be a sticky in the main forum? I saw it awhile back but had trouble finding it until someone sent me the link.

azhousepro

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
I am not sure what is causing this problem. I am not really trying to make it a "gold only" thing. It looks like it should all be setup properly in the backend.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW! I am loving this new feature of the new forum software. I was creating a post on a thread, and I accidentally clicked the X in the upper right-hand corner of my Chrome browser. Everything I had written was gone, AzBilliards was gone, Chrome was gone, and I knew I'd have to start all over, get back into Chrome, get back into AzBilliards, get back into Main Forum, and then find the thread.

When I pulled up my Chrome browser and and clicked the AzBilliards button again, then clicked Main Forum, I went to the thread I was writing on previously. EVERYTHING was still there. Even though I had not clicked "Post reply" button, all my words I had written previously when I clicked the X of my Chrome Browser was there.

Now, THAT is pretty cool. :cool:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
how do i do a search for a thread or posts with a key word
lets say i am looking for threads/postson Revo shafts
how can i search for them?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Even though I had not clicked "Post reply" button, all my words I had written previously when I clicked the X of my Chrome Browser was there.

Now, THAT is pretty cool. :cool:
In the reply/edit window there is a little "floppy disk" icon that allows you to explicitly save/delete the draft the system is saving for you. If you do not save intentionally before exit, you may get only part of the draft saved with the last lines omitted. I think it saves automatically every few minutes.

Reactions: JAM

boogieman

Any other word on the missing signature option? It's been a while so I thought I'd check back.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The member search function is not very good. It seems to require that you know how the name starts. The old search would look everywhere in the names for the search string.