Master Thread for forum issues

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been seeing members quote another member's post, but not have a reply associated with it. I don't think it was intentional, as I saw it across several threads, and several members, and the quoted posts were just normal posts, nothing controversial. Has anyone else noticed this? Its not a big deal, but maybe there is some user interface aspect that is causing this?

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been seeing members quote another member's post, but not have a reply associated with it. I don't think it was intentional, as I saw it across several threads, and several members, and the quoted posts were just normal posts, nothing controversial. Has anyone else noticed this? Its not a big deal, but maybe there is some user interface aspect that is causing this?
Human error.
They haven't gotten used to the new interface.
Did it a couple of times myself early on.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Looks to me like most of us are getting used to the change - I know I am.

A couple things I am experiencing worth checking imo are I don't see everyone's "Last Seen" info unless there is a privacy option that I'm unaware of where members can opt out. I can provide a few examples if mods need to see.

Also, members itrader info is appearing under their avatars on their posts only some of the time, many times I need to hover over their avatar or click to retrieve this info. Would be much more convenient imo if this info were there consistently without the need to look further.

Lastly, A big +1 to what Bob Jewett mentioned a couple posts up about how on 1p.org they have their stickies background a contrasting color making it much easier to scroll past. That, imo, would be a great improvement.

Down to the small tweaks, it appears. I do believe we've been upgraded. 😎

Thanks Mike! 🕺

best,
brian kc

Last edited:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Does anyone know how to display the format codes when writing a post like the old system had? For example ['color=blue][/'color]

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Click on the two-bracket icon over to the right. Then some text like this:

This is text. Red text.

will become like this in the edit window:

CropperCapture[219].jpg

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
Visual support for icon location to adjust to old text editor to manually control display out.

bicon.png

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Not an “issue” but a recommendation for an edit on a Forum topic.

In “Products Talk”, the “Cue and Shaft Reviews” would be better titled “Shaft Reviews”. Most of the posts, from my visits, discuss shafts and mostly carbon fiber. The “Cue Reviews” seem to focus on a variety of cues.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is there a way to edit the title of a thread you started? There used to be an advanced edit option, but I don't see one in the new forum format.

rottenrod

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Is there a setting to enable email notification when someone replies to a conversation I'm participating in?