Masters, triangle chalk becoming outdated

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
I love beating guys with the chalk, little glove, cue stick holder, visor, shooting glasses, shaft weight, butt extension.....with a cue off the wall with a flat triangle tip.
Here's looking at you kid.
Your the best can crusher I ever heard of that side of the mighty missip

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
I have a couple untouched boxes. Haven't used any since Taom Pyro. Will try the V10 once they offer in Tournament Blue.
why does it need to be blue??? taom never is on the table, your hands, or your shaft........................

I have used Master for 40 years.
I bought one of each color (blue and light green) Taom a while back to try out. My cloth is red and my Master chalk for home use is red. While the Taom is definitely cleaner, I still prefer the red Master chalk on my table. I was getting a few specs of blue and green on my red cloth with the Taom. Even though I'm likely getting more chalk on my cloth with the red Master, it blends in better and I don't notice it as much.
I've never really had an issue getting chalk on my hands/ferrule/shaft with any brand.
I can't tell any difference in the effect on spin from Master to Taom and I usually chalk between every shot.

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have used Master for 40 years.
I bought one of each color (blue and light green) Taom a while back to try out. My cloth is red and my Master chalk for home use is red. While the Taom is definitely cleaner, I still prefer the red Master chalk on my table. I was getting a few specs of blue and green on my red cloth with the Taom. Even though I'm likely getting more chalk on my cloth with the red Master, it blends in better and I don't notice it as much.
I've never really had an issue getting chalk on my hands/ferrule/shaft with any brand.
I can't tell any difference in the effect on spin from Master to Taom and I usually chalk between every shot.
I gave a like to everything you said in your post except for one thing....RED CLOTH??? EWWW!🤮🤢

I gave a like to everything you said in your post except for one thing....RED CLOTH??? EWWW!🤮🤢
I agree! It was a poor decision. I will go with tournament blue when I get it recovered.
I had to appease my better half because red went better with the room it was going in.

Now I have a dedicated "man-cave" garage with a full bar, pool table, golf simulator and an old Coke machine full of cold beer!

All I need now is a "He-Man Woman Haters" sign to hang over the front door!

Zerksies

I agree! It was a poor decision. I will go with tournament blue when I get it recovered.
I had to appease my better half because red went better with the room it was going in.

Now I have a dedicated "man-cave" garage with a full bar, pool table, golf simulator and an old Coke machine full of cold beer!

Does this work?
A6AA0E96-43B8-4E76-B0C0-11CC19E39F59.gif

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The last time I got a piece of kamui it lasted me a year and half and thats playing every day. I like only chalking once before each game so at less then $2 a month with all the other bs I spend money on doesn’t seem to matter to me.

Honestly it’s taught me that people over chalk lol I now do the same thing with predator chalk (only chalk once in between racks. I keep it at my seat) which I don’t think is any better then masters and I never have a mis cue. 🤷‍♂️

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've used taom for ~six months after being a dedicated master chalk user for several years
I like the taom because it's clean..it feels "wet" and sticks better than "dry" master chalk
otherwise tho, I'm happy to use either..taom is pricey, but does last awhile..recommend

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
Masters chalk cost me $0.25 per year. How can you possibly beat that?
Simple. It isn't about the money. I've been using Predator and I like that it applies better, IMO, and stays on better. I don't miss the scritch, scritch, scritch of Masters either.

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member

Have you ever tried using programmable lighting to test the color reflectivity off the cloth and balls?

Today's LEDS have a nice range and provide interesting color effects with certain color pigments.

Just think glow in the dark billiards, but for people with limited vision. LMK If you want to know more.

Pool playing for blind people can be a thing soon.

philly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I chalk after almost every shot as it is unconsciously part of my PSR so I could care less about the chalk that I use.
There is no way in this word I would pay a premium for chalk.
Then again I am a Triangle tip guy.
The manufacturers of these products obviously have a vested interest in adding or changing their products
not to mention creating a need for their products.
Predator is the king of marketing in the pool world and are a great example of this.