Matchroom 2023 UK Open (nineball), 30May-4June, Winner $30K

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
I tend to give many of these amateurs the benefit of the doubt. They are playing on tv for the first time against a top player and on likely tighter tables and faster cloth than they are used to. That can make anyone under a 700 level look like a banger.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure if it is his opponent's hair but that hair raising 8ball miss by Chris to trail 2-4 is candidate for Miss of the day :LOL:

hair1.JPG

chris miss.JPG

benjaminwah

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, when I clicked that on my phone it was bringing me to a different match. On my laptop it brings me to the right point. Weird.
Scroll up...
Weird, I opened it on my phone and it takes me to Wu Kun Lin playing, I opened it on my browser and there it is. Thanks!

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody see Kaci vs Black at 7 to 1 Kaci....

Black snookered and jumped to make 6 hanging in corner.

Kaci took ball in hand and tried a 4 rail kick to make 6???

Wtf was that?
45 min 45 seconds of table 2 stream
Crazy

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anybody see Kaci vs Black at 7 to 1 Kaci....

Black snookered and jumped to make 6 hanging in corner.

Kaci took ball in hand and tried a 4 rail kick to make 6???

Wtf was that?
45 min 45 seconds of table 2 stream
Crazy
2 euros I can't stand and I don't know why...

Kaci and Ouschan....skinny jeans and attitudes

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If he is a legitimate Fargo 522 then that's probably the biggest upset in pool history.

Edit: I don't think it's legit. The Philip Wildman listed at 522 lives in Lubbock, TX, and the guy Albin played is British.
He plays tournaments in the UK. Always does well in GB9.even won the challenge event which is really tough to win. Been around along time. He is way higher than 522. More like 750 fargo. That upset, doesn't surprise me.

BlueRaider

Registered
He plays tournaments in the UK. Always does well in GB9.even won the challenge event which is really tough to win. Been around along time. He is way higher than 522. More like 750 fargo. That upset, doesn't surprise me.
The GB9 guy is the same guy who lives in Lubbock?

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tend to give many of these amateurs the benefit of the doubt. They are playing on tv for the first time against a top player and on likely tighter tables and faster cloth than they are used to. That can make anyone under a 700 level look like a banger.
My friend is playing in it and he said its 4 inch pockets 😳

Cue Alchemist

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My friend is playing in it and he said its 4 inch pockets 😳
The middles, look real tight too. Just watched the lisowski match. Not the best advertisement for pool I've ever seen. How serious he is. We will see in the next match,when he plays Mieszko Fortunski aka the butcher.
His second match on the outside tables, I just watched day one, Fortunski wins 9-2.

Last edited:
Such a douche move and super insulting to his opponent. If it was in a pub like last week's Scottish Open, the drinking/drunk audience will have words with him :LOL:

Eklent Cocky.

Do you have the time stamp when that happened? The day just ended, over 9 hours long. Save me some scrolling please….
45:12

As far as tomorrow goes, he may be unseeded, but don't sleep on the pride of Germany, Rainer Biermann!

Just kidding. I don't know the guy or anything about his game. He's probably not the pride of Germany. Go ahead and sleep on him.

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I agree, although I'm also not sure about the exact numbers. I think an elite player from any billiards discipline would be in a similar situation. They can all shoot straight and have a deep understanding of the concept of cueball placement , which are the only "fundamentals" you need be a competitive player. Whether or not it becomes easier or harder for these players to run well in 9 ball remains to be seen - if the tour goes from strength to strength, all of the elite snooker players will watch the pro game a little or a lot and they will all have friends on the tour, but at the same time the depth at the top should increase as the better players are able to dedicate more time to the game.
It seems like top 20 or so snooker players are 680-700 FR in pool by default just from potting ability alone. A few months of practice likely pushes them into the 725 range. But at a certain point in a tournament, being an elite shotmaker doesn't help much, if at all, because their competition is guys who shoot just as straight as them, but who also vastly outclass them in every other skill required in pool. Hence Judd getting thumped by Shaw a couple years ago as if he were a 550 FR.A

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Anyone know how many people were watching today?

There's a live stream of a poker cash game going on right now that has over 50k watching

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Easy pickings, stroll in park for big names FSR, Filler, Ko Pin Yi . They look bored :LOL:

Day 2
Table 1

Table 2