Maybe she should stick to pool

Yes. Hypocrisy is you pretending that you are dull witted enough to think that a comment about one exhibition match applies equally to a multitude of actual competitive pool matches in which top snooker pros have not been able to beat top pool players- in what you claim is the easy game of pool, even though you claim that snooker players have far superior cue sport skills.

Or maybe you aren't pretending.

Which "multitude of actual competitive pool matches" are you referring to? And which "top snooker pros"? We've already ruled out exhibitions and dog and pony shows.

Specifics, please.

I can give you a very specific example of a pool champion who had a go at snooker recently. Didn't do too well, actually, even though it was only an amateur event. Still, he beat the 8 year old, so that's good. :rolleyes:

Right- just like Albert Einstein was a failed teacher. That's a really brilliant analysis on your part. And repetitiveness doesn't raise it's stature, if you haven't noticed.

You persistently fail to contribute anything other than the same, spurious and surprisingly obtuse comments. You must have an inferiority complex so big that you need a wheelbarrow to push it around with you. No one needs to be a psychiatrist to see that. You really have moved beyond embarrassing snooker players to embarrassing the entire population of your own country.

Mirror for Dickson!
Mirror for Dickson!!

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
What, with his ungainly stance and crooked left hook? No chance.

Actually you're not far off. He was a southpaw who won the intercollegiate Lightweight title back in the 1930's. He went on to become a doctor, maybe the only one you ever saw with crumpled up ears and a twisted nose. :thumbup:

My little pappa came from the streets of Brooklyn and created a good life for himself and his family. But he did teach me how to throw a straight right. :wink:

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Probably no payment for her attendance. All part of her duty to represent the people's republic. An incentive to win would perhaps be not having to receive corporal punishment if she had lost for completely embarrassing the homeland.;)
I paid her for her TV appearances that I organized. Capitalism is alive an well in China.

Though, their Billiard Association has more power than similar orgs do in the west. When I organized the National Snooker League, they got Ding Jun Hui (Currently no.3 in the world snooker player), to fly in from England for little more than his air fare... kind of like serving the association for the greater good. It has paid off for him. The exposure helped to develop his brand. It's more about playing along than tyranny.. though the bureaucracy at times was frustrating.

Last edited:

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colin -

I remember the Souquet/Pan exhibition well. Was upstairs at the Big Bamboo if I recall. I've got the videos of the match somewhere on one of my drives, I think.

Walter
Hi Walter,
Great to hear from you! Are you still in China?

I've got copies too, should have uploaded to youtube years ago. Not a great match, but good pool anyways and part of the historical record of cue sports marketing in China I think.

All the best and Xin Nian Kuai Le :)

Colin

GADawg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Walter,
Great to hear from you! Are you still in China?

I've got copies too, should have uploaded to youtube years ago. Not a great match, but good pool anyways and part of the historical record of cue sports marketing in China I think.

All the best and Xin Nian Kuai Le :)

Colin

Colin -

Happy New Year to you too!!

Have done some part tine consultig in Chna the past couple years but am retired living the peaceful life in the countryside of Thailand.

If you come this way, let me know. Have a small guest room and also a separate building with a 9 ft table in it.

Walter

Colin Colenso

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Colin -

Happy New Year to you too!!

Have done some part tine consultig in Chna the past couple years but am retired living the peaceful life in the countryside of Thailand.

If you come this way, let me know. Have a small guest room and also a separate building with a 9 ft table in it.

Walter
Sent you a PM Walter, before we hijack the thread. :)