Meucci repair notice....

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at their site and it was running a notice about cues left for repair. If anyone has had cue there for over a few months you need to contact them. Apparently they don't have current contact info for some orders. Sounds like a major cluster-f%&k to me. Maybe that's just SOP at Meucci.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was looking at their site and it was running a notice about cues left for repair. If anyone has had cue there for over a few months you need to contact them. Apparently they don't have current contact info for some orders. Sounds like a major cluster-f%&k to me. Maybe that's just SOP at Meucci.
nothing new here.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
garczar, Howdy;

I sent off a cue in Oct. of 2017. 6 months later I send an inquiry about it's progress. crickets...

So, I call, lady says there's no one there at the moment to ask about it. It was 10:00 am there at the time.
Tried the next day closer to 2:00 pm their time. Got the same answer.

Things happened on my end for the next 8 or 9 months. I send an email, Response was to the effect that they
had had some problems at the factory (repair shop in that facility), yadda yadda ... So, I called again, this time I
ended up speaking Mr. M hisself. asked me to call back next day so he could 'see' what was the hold-up.
Ok, called back, Apparently, during previous "problem" it had gotten misplaced (?), but it would go to head of line
and 'should be complete in a few days'.

I wait another month. crickets ... Back to the phone, young lady sez, it should be done Let me check, 3 minutes later
I'm disconnected.

Sent email threatening legal action, small claims court LOCAL, here in NM. Things started to fall into line.
Emails started to arrive with proposed shipping dates. OOOps, train blocked the road and PO closed before
he got there. Next day it was inn the mail. 2 days later it shows up on a FEDEX truck I tell the driver to hang on as I
need to inspect it. Now it's April of 2019, about 18 months after they received it. It was as it was supposed to be.
Ok, why is there a second shaft in the package??? why does it appear to be a different shade of stain on the forearm.

Another call, ask about the questions. Answer, My cue had been trashed during the fixin'. So, instead of being
upfront and telling me about it they decided to stall me in hopes I'd forget about it and that would be that.
Massive amount of "I'm sorry ... yadda-yadda".

That in a rather large nut-shell is my experience with Meucci repair. YMMV.

hank

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
garczar, Howdy;

I sent off a cue in Oct. of 2017. 6 months later I send an inquiry about it's progress. crickets...

So, I call, lady says there's no one there at the moment to ask about it. It was 10:00 am there at the time.

Things happened on my end for the next 8 or 9 months. I send an email, Response was to the effect that they
had had some problems at the factory (repair shop in that facility), yadda yadda ... So, I called again, this time I
ended up speaking Mr. M hisself. asked me to call back next day so he could 'see' what was the hold-up.
Ok, called back, Apparently, during previous "problem" it had gotten misplaced (?), but it would go to head of line

I wait another month. crickets ... Back to the phone, young lady sez, it should be done Let me check, 3 minutes later
I'm disconnected.

Sent email threatening legal action, small claims court LOCAL, here in NM. Things started to fall into line.
Emails started to arrive with proposed shipping dates. OOOps, train blocked the road and PO closed before
he got there. Next day it was inn the mail. 2 days later it shows up on a FEDEX truck I tell the driver to hang on as I
need to inspect it. Now it's April of 2019, about 18 months after they received it. It was as it was supposed to be.
Ok, why is there a second shaft in the package??? why does it appear to be a different shade of stain on the forearm.

Another call, ask about the questions. Answer, My cue had been trashed during the fixin'. So, instead of being
upfront and telling me about it they decided to stall me in hopes I'd forget about it and that would be that.

hank
Wow. That's insane.

mikemosconi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I see that banner on their website, they do not have a cue repair order form, so the whole process is open for mistakes, confusion, and no way to verify the cue owners identity up front - such as with an upfront credit card payment that would automatically verify your address etc.

They say that they will contact the cue owner upon Meucci receipt of the cue to verify the repair requested and the price- I guess that never happened - so now they have a bunch of cues and probably "misplaced" the owner data that came with the cue. They also say that they have no one to ever answer a phone to discuss your cue repair or verify that your cue arrived at Meucci.

I always sent my stuff to Mueller for repair - for the past 30 years- nothing was ever lost, every repair was done perfectly, someone is always available to discuss your questions/needs. Best prices in the U.S for their quality of work. Meucci sounds like a disaster in comparison.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I see that banner on their website, they do not have a cue repair order form, so the whole process is open for mistakes, confusion, and no way to verify the cue owners identity up front - such as with an upfront credit card payment that would automatically verify your address etc.

They say that they will contact the cue owner upon Meucci receipt of the cue to verify the repair requested and the price- I guess that never happened - so now they have a bunch of cues and probably "misplaced" the owner data that came with the cue. They also say that they have no one to ever answer a phone to discuss your cue repair or verify that your cue arrived at Meucci.

I always sent my stuff to Mueller for repair - for the past 30 years- nothing was ever lost, every repair was done perfectly, someone is always available to discuss your questions/needs. Best prices in the U.S for their quality of work. Meucci sounds like a disaster in comparison.
Yes Mueller is excellent on repairs. A little slow but thats because they have alot
of repeat business. A+++++

phreaticus

I've been fighting an urge for months to post a negative rant about Meucci product & service. Most online rants of all flavors are really not productive, other than to vent, so I won't post my full saga here. But I've had the absolute worst customer experience dealing with Meucci and their "daughter company" Budgetcue.com and now that this thread exists, I feel almost irresponsible if I don't share something about my Meucci drama of the last 6 mo. By worst, I mean unbelievably shockingly terrible, and I'm talking about worst experience of my life, from any product/company/industry, not just relative to pool.

I really like their CF Pro shafts in 12.5mm, 30", 5/16-14, been using them for about 1 year now. I've have both their gen1 and gen2 and I've shared positive comments about the product and company to folks who ask - ie I'm a great customer for them. They play super well for me and their many options on length/diameter - makes it very tweakable to one's personal preferences. I've migrated to big pin cues and I've been trying to get an identical Meucci CF shaft in 3/8-10 modified joint. 3 incorrect shafts later, 6 months later, I still don't have a 3/8-10 shaft from them that is what I asked for or rolls straight. I'm not a whiney customer, I simply want another one in a diff joint - nothing complicated or fancy. I won't bother posting all the details, but shit-show & and farm-animal-stupid are the only semi non profane, yet accurate adjectives that can I can come up with. I'm still waiting for my replacement shaft to arrive from them, after this post - I'll probably never get it. I'm sure they must be having challenges that many small businesses are having after this last year of Covid BS, but there is nothing that can excuse the run-round, poor communications, delays, and total nightmare that I've had with them.

At some point, life must move on. I just got a Cynergy CF shaft today - wish they came in 30", but I'll get used to it eventually - if it's good enough for SVB, then I can certainly make it work and hopefully I can recoup at least some of my $$ when I sell my Meucci shafts eventually. I actually sort of like the Cynergy better and it looks cooler, so maybe that's the lemonade to come out of this lemon. One thing for sure, I will never own another Meucci product ever again, and that's a lose-lose-lose for everyone and a real shame because I think Bob and the company he built has really contributed an amazing amount to the game, but something is very seriously amiss in that shop.

Hope they can get squared away and wish them and anyone dealing with them good luck. Hope this is useful to someone.

Peace & love

Last edited:

lorider

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mamy people around here swear by their meuccis with him being local. Definitely not defending his reputation but i hardly ever encounter a meucci around here with the quality issues i read on here.

Over the years i have bought 3 used meuccis and none had quality issues except one that had a warped shaft which i straightened myself and it was still straight when i traded it off 3 years later.

I ordered a carbon pro shaft from them when they first came out and splurged the extra 15 dollars for matching rings for a gambler i have.

Well lazy azz me decided to just send them a picture of my cue so they could match the color of my dice instead of takimg the cue down there. I only live 15 minutes from them but i never travel in their direction....well i was leery of leaving my cue also.

When i recieved my shaft the color of my dice were lighter than my cue. My fault...not theirs. I failed to notice that the flash on my phone made the dice look a little lighter than they actually are.

It plays great but i went back toy black dot shaft around 4 months ago and am happy with it.

Nothing wrong with the carbon pro but i just decided to go back to wood. Went the carbon shaft route for a while buying a revo first...then the carbon pro and then lastly a be cue prime.

Sold the revo....couldnt turn down the profit lol. Still have the be cue which i may or may not sell. Again...nothimg wrong with them ....just like wood better.

xX-Wizard-Xx

garczar, Howdy;

I'm disconnected.

hank
This is my same problem .... for the most part

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is my same problem .... for the most part
sos911, Howdy;

You have my sympathy, Stick their nutz in a vice and don't ease up on the tension till you get your
cue back from the Black-Hole that calls itself Meucci cue repair.

hank

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Exactly. How can they survive selling a crappy product and even worse aftersales service?
That's the problem..... they arent. They are spiraling down the toilet bowl. But sometimes they float back to the surface.... just long enough to get flushed again.

I haven't seen a single Meucci around these parts in over a decade.

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you want cue repairs send it to SEYBERTS BILLIARDS Quality work and fast turn around

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
I alway send cover letter with something I send for repair, warranty replacement, etc.

Friend work at large mail order firm years ago. He said it amazed him how many people would return stuff for repair, replacement, or exchange. Large percentages had little communication from customer.

xX-Wizard-Xx

I alway send cover letter with something I send for repair, warranty replacement, etc.

Friend work at large mail order firm years ago. He said it amazed him how many people would return stuff for repair, replacement, or exchange. Large percentages had little communication from customer.
I sent my cue along with a letter detailing everything.... I also printed this out multiple times and placed it different areas of packaging so they would get it. Also mailed the info.