Mezz West State Tour

simibill

Registered
Did you ever think to ask Oscar or Deseree or Ernesto this question before asking on this forum? My first thought was that you think all the money's are not being paid out. I'm quite sure if you had asked any of the aforementioned they would have been happy to enlighten you. Most members of the pool world believe the Dominguez family in the highest regards. I think it would have been better had you gone right to any one of the three.

drv4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Meximumn? Is that a racist slip of the tongue or my new favorite AZism for maximum?

MexPoolPlyr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Math

Very simple really. 65 entry, 15 in green fees split among tournament director and room owner. 50 to prize fund.

2000 added. 100 taken out for top female bonus and 100 for year end bonuses.

We had 116 players last event and paid 32 spots. 7600 in prize fund. We don't believe in top heavy events because too many people are fascinated with big numbers on top. You kill the pool economy that way.

Any other questions please feel free to email us at mezzweststatetour@yahoo.com

:)

Jaden

"no buds chill"
Silver Member
yeah...

Math

Very simple really. 65 entry, 15 in green fees split among tournament director and room owner. 50 to prize fund.

We had 116 players last event and paid 32 spots. 7600 in prize fund. We don't believe in top heavy events because too many people are fascinated with big numbers on top. You kill the pool economy that way.

Considering you're usually the one at the top, that shows your integrity and genuine care for the success of the sport, not just your pocket book...

Jaden

BrianaBrown13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A mini tour golfer could really rant on this, Pool everything is itemized and some players still get bent out of shape. In Golf, the purse total and payouts are listed, besides the entry fee. That's it, nothing is mentioned what the host course is taking, what the tournament staff gets. Also, in golf, the purse is usually setup on an 85 player average, if 100 show up, that money doesn't go into the prize fund. The Oscar has it setup is pretty good, the math adds up. I guess, I don't understand why player ***** about tournament directors and host rooms getting paid.

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
If you get a chance to play in a Mezz West State event, do it. Believe me, you won't be disappointed.

cleary

Honestly, I'm a liar.
Silver Member
Always the people who can't win who are worried about the money. Oscar may be ugly but he isn't a cheat. ;)

poolmouse

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Math

First real event since moving to Valencia, CA. I had no idea about Mezz West State Tour until Sal Butera told me about it. I took a chance and couldn't be happier that I did. Not only was the place beautiful, with very tight tables (double/triple shimmed), but they used technology that set the standard for modern day tournaments.

Here is how other tournament directors, like William Finnegan react when they see how Mezz West State Tour leverages existing technology:

tumblr_ldjcvy6hNX1qe0eclo1_r3_500.gif

12140143_10208064999209337_192772964631495706_o.jpg