Mika stop crying about the rack!

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
WOW!
Someone get this man some tissues.
This is ridiculous!!!!

As far as i am concerned, neutral racker means NO COMPLAINING!!!

SHUT UP AND BREAK THEM!

cuehobby

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
i bet this is the only time he's complaining; but not while winning from the start of the open.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
Gee.
Why doesn't it surprise me that when there is a neutral racker, there are no huge packages.
Hhmmmmmmmmm.:rolleyes:

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
And don't blame the racker for dogging the daylights out of that 7ball.
That's all you!!!

CHIHUAHUA!!!!!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!
This is ridiculous!!!!

SHUT UP AND BREAK THEM!

while I agree with you on no crying, however if 20%-30% of my annual income came down to a slug rack, I'd be ***** and moaning full blast.

If it was in a $2500 tournemrnt then yeah shut up and break.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
while I agree with you on no crying, however if 20%-30% of my annual income came down to a slug rack, I'd be ***** and moaning full blast.

If it was in a $2500 tournemrnt then yeah shut up and break.

Yeah, but neutral racker means they are BOTH getting the same rack.

Unless one of the rackers has a book going on matches, and is taking bets, there should be no complaining.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah, but neutral racker means they are BOTH getting the same rack.

Unless one of the rackers has a book going on matches, and is taking bets, there should be no complaining.

If a racker puts up a bad rack, you shouldn't be able to have them correct it because they are a neutral racker??? what if they don't give the other guy the same bad rack?

Worminator

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The rack in this caliber of tournament, with a neutral racker, should be like balls and strikes being called in baseball... there is no disputing it. It's up to the neutral racker to give it his best rack for both players... end of story.

SUPERSTAR

I am Keyser Söze
Silver Member
If a racker puts up a bad rack, you shouldn't be able to have them correct it because they are a neutral racker??? what if they don't give the other guy the same bad rack?

Now you are getting into conspiracy theories that someone is racking bad for one individual, and not for the other.

One thing to complain about one rack.
NOT the same thing to complain about several when things don't go your way.
If there is a neutral ref for a racker, then what the ref says, GOES!
Those are the rules.

If you noticed, when Mika went and touched the rack, it was instantly re-racked because he touched it. (great enforcement of the rules by the way)

Believe me, it is in the best interest of everyone involved if good racks are given by refs all around.
Mika is just mad cause he wasn't running packages like he was when it was rack your own, i.e., rack to your advantage.

Jason Robichaud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now you are getting into conspiracy theories that someone is racking bad for one individual, and not for the other.

One thing to complain about one rack.
NOT the same thing to complain about several when things don't go your way.
If there is a neutral ref for a racker, then what the ref says, GOES!
Those are the rules.

If you noticed, when Mika went and touched the rack, it was instantly re-racked because he touched it. (great enforcement of the rules by the way)

Believe me, it is in the best interest of everyone involved if good racks are given by refs all around.
Mika is just mad cause he wasn't running packages like he was when it was rack your own, i.e., rack to your advantage.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy, I'm saying the neutral racker might put up a rack with gaps. Having a neutral racker will give random racks preventing pattern racking, but it shouldn't force the breaker to hit a slug rack.

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
A player should be able to inspect a neutral rack. If it is a volunteer racker then he can ask for a re-rack. If there is still a dispute the ref can be called over to determine if the rack is good or the ref can then rack them.

If it is a ref racking the balls, a player should still be able to inspect the rack. Balls can move after the ref has lifted the rack and moved away from the table or there may be a space between two balls that the ref didn't see. If the player has a problem then he can explain to the ref what is wrong and the ref can either agree and re-rack, or judge the rack good and order the player to break.

whitewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WOW!
This is ridiculous!!!!

SHUT UP AND BREAK THEM!

This is EXACTLY why I elected not to go back to the US Open this year. I feel like a European socker fan ready to jump out of the stands and kick someone's ass. Barry needs to straighten this SH!T out once and for all. You cry, you get a warning. Then, just like in baseball, you cry again and your tournament money is forfeited to a charity.:mad: