MIKE BENDER WHERE'S MY CUES?????

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not mad and I respect the Moderators decisions..

The last discussion got deleted.. A little over the top I agree but some people are C....s and some aren't

That being said Every bad deal needs to be aired..
There's no room for bad business.. It takes way more work to F somebody vs doing the right thing..
I guarantee atleast 50% of you wouldn't last 7 years 7 months and you'd be freaking out about your cues and your down payment..
I've been patient, respectful, and didn't bug Mike... The respect is gone.

Mike Bender where are my 2 F'n cues... You quoted me 3-5 years.. Its been 7 years 7 months.. You're 2 years 7 months late???

I placed this order with Mike Sept 2013..
Mike told me it would be 5 years but possibly 3 years because they were simple players..
It was a BS gesture and I never considered 3 years to be a delivery option.
I sent Mike $300 down and the balance + shipping would be sent on completetion..

Over the next 5.5 years .. I called Mike a handful of times for updates
Mike always had an excuse why he couldn't send me progress pictures..

One call Mike wanted to change the joint material from ivory to a synthetic product because of the ivory ban. I had no problem with that. It made sense

The last call was at 5.5 years and he told me they should be completed soon.. Again I asked for progress pics nothing was sent..

So at this point I've been waiting for my call, my email, some F'n smoke signals, or even a blast of northern lights to let me know the cues are finished..
I've gotten nothing..

I'm calling you out Mike Bender.. Come defend your name.
I'd like to hear what your definition of soon is.. Is 2 years 2 soon??

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The last discussion got deleted.. A little over the top I agree but some people are C....s and some aren't

There's no room for bad business.. It takes way more work to F somebody vs doing the right thing..
I guarantee atleast 50% of you wouldn't last 7 years 7 months and you'd be freaking out about your cues and your down payment..

Mike Bender where are my 2 F'n cues... You quoted me 3-5 years.. Its been 7 years 7 months.. You're 2 years 7 months late???

Mike told me it would be 5 years but possibly 3 years because they were simple players..
I sent Mike $300 down and the balance + shipping would be sent on completetion..

One call Mike wanted to change the joint material from ivory to a synthetic product because of the ivory ban. I had no problem with that. It made sense

The last call was at 5.5 years and he told me they should be completed soon.. Again I asked for progress pics nothing was sent..

So at this point I've been waiting for my call, my email, some F'n smoke signals, or even a blast of northern lights to let me know the cues are finished..
I've gotten nothing..

Time for Mr. Bender to come forward.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There hasn't been anything as entertaining as this in a long time. No he will never get a cue from Mike Bender. He will get his 300 back. Round and round and round again... Good thing, he is not MAD!

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Time for Mr. Bender to come forward.
I don't think he'll come forward, but if he does It will be a a hit and run.
He'll state his case and run. He won't participate.. Or he could send his wife in here and she could muddy up the waters.. lol

snowmon34

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There hasn't been anything as entertaining as this in a long time. No he will never get a cue from Mike Bender. He will get his 300 back. Round and round and round again... Good thing, he is not MAD!

I created this thread because I know I'm not getting my cues.. Its been 7 years 7 months lol.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It's pretty obvious at this point

574t5a.jpg

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Surely somebody knows Mr. Bender.

We want his side.
Less than a year-old info on Mike seen on a Reddit pool forum:
https://www.reddit.com/r/billiards/comments/hfqqju/did_mike_bender_go_out_of_business/
Mike Bender news on Reddit.JPG

Here's a working link to the very recent Facebook comments by his fans about cues he's presently working on:
https://www.facebook.com/Mike-Bender-Cue-Fans-104284091178593/

http://www.bendercues.com/index.html

http://www.bendercues.com/instock.html

http://www.bendercues.com/contactus.html

Years-ago delivered ones (incredibly beautiful cues):
http://www.bendercues.com/delivered copy.html

Art cues:
http://www.bendercues.com/artcuesLanai.html

Arnaldo

Attachments

• Mike Bender news on Reddit.JPG
    Mike Bender news on Reddit.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:

Brookeland Bill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've gotten nothing..

I’ve tried to deal with several cue makers. They may be great cuemakers but they are poor businessmen. I can’t say that for Richard Black and Jerry Olivia. These two are very responsive.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I've gotten nothing..

I would be pissed too, but I would've been pissed a lot sooner than you.
Down here in Alabama we would consider him a C()n7!

gregnice37

Bar Banger, Cue Collector
Silver Member
I get the Benders confused. Is Mike the builder from Alaska or New Jersey. There are 2 Benders building cues.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I am not aware of the exact location of Mike's resident, but you might want to contact the Alaska State Trooper, or the local Police Department in his community. Ask them to do a "well fair check", as it is something they cops will do. Ask they they reach back to you if he is OK, if so you know he is alive.

Old friend use to do summer in UT, for week I tried reaching him, or his wife for weeks to tell of death of another friend. I finally called local Police Dept, the guy was OK, they apprently had been in a Canoe accident, were OK, but cell phone were put out of service from mucho H2O.

They found life's nice with out the cell phones, and were not in hurry to get the fixed or replaced.

DieselPete

Regarding custom cue makers in general, who take money today on the promise of delivering a cue in several years; are they generally running ponzi schemes, in a sense?

They take $300 today as a down payment. I have to imagine that a lot of them use that money to pay the mortgage, car payment, to put food on the table, and to build a cue for someone who ordered one five years ago. And when they build your cue, it is with money that they get from someone else, several years from now. Eventually they will die or stop working and a lot of people who gave them down payments years ago will be left holding the bag. I don't think the down payments are in escrow, waiting to be returned to the customers if they die tomorrow in a car accident.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I am not aware of the exact location of Mike's resident, but you might want to contact the Alaska State Trooper, or the local Police Department in his community. Ask them to do a "well fair check", as it is something they cops will do. Ask they they reach back to you if he is OK, if so you know he is alive.

Old friend use to do summer in UT, for week I tried reaching him, or his wife for weeks to tell of death of another friend. I finally called local Police Dept, the guy was OK, they apprently had been in a Canoe accident, were OK, but cell phone were put out of service from mucho H2O.

They found life's nice with out the cell phones, and were not in hurry to get the fixed or replaced.
WTF??????????? Even IF the local cops would do this they're going to want to know why. When they find out its over some $300 bullshit they're gonna be HOT. Alaska, in case you haven't noticed, is a BIG fkng state. Using state/local authorities to assist your personal financial woes will NOT go over well. My last on this whole deal: at WHAT point does the OP figure out that airing this out on a forum isn't going to do jack?? Contact the guy directly. I've never seen MB post on here.

Last edited:

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
LOL agreed. I can’t even imagine ordering a southwest with a 15 tpyear wait time.
They're the only US based cuemaker I'd order with. They don't take deposits and they actually deliver. Rock solid reputation and many Azb'ers talk them down at any chance. That's a good thing, means they're honest and not in the pocket of the flippers. You call them from overseas, they put you on the list, and when the time comes you get your cue. Try that with some of the others....One person I knew got scrxxxd so many times, I think he was owed a wedding ring, but never by SW.

When the "cue crowd" starts raving about a cuemaker, it's a big red flag. They're moving some inventory, trying to cut in line or trying to get in front of the latest scandal.
Unfortunately, Azb protects all the bad ones with excuses and lies. People are worried that if it's found out that a person is a crook, the value of their cues will go down so they'll say just about anything. There's a whole laundry list of crooks that were highly recommended on Azb.

If the flipper raves about a cuemaker, it's not in and of itself proof that the cuemaker is a bad egg, but it's really, REALLY suspicious. Buyer beware.

Last edited: