Mike Dechaine

rackemup20

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This goes out to mark Wilson our brilliant mosconi cup captain. Nice finish by mike dechaine finishing 1st in 9 ball an 3rd in 10 ball in Canada . But he ain't good enough to make your top 8 cut? Mine as well of picked Stevie wonder to be the captain cuz you can see talent if it bit u in the a*%

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
This goes out to mark Wilson our brilliant mosconi cup captain. Nice finish by mike dechaine finishing 1st in 9 ball an 3rd in 10 ball in Canada . But he ain't good enough to make your top 8 cut? Mine as well of picked Stevie wonder to be the captain cuz you can see talent if it bit u in the a*%

Allot of NBA teams had concerns with Allen Iverson.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Now I don't know about this, so I thought I'd ask:
Could it be that his omission is more an indictment of his attitude and character and not so much of his talent and that his presence could be somewhat detrimental to a team atmosphere?

I don't know MIke, have never met him or even seen him in person, I have read where there are times he's not anyone's favorite person or the most liked person at an even or in the room.
Like I said, I don't know. Just askin'...

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Originally Posted by, rackemup20:

"Mine as well of picked Stevie wonder to be the captain cuz you can see talent if it bit u in the a*%"

Speaking of brilliant, I fixed that for you.

Might as well of picked Stevie Wonder to be the captain cuz you couldn't see talent if it bit u in the a*%".

Yes, I like Mark Wilson as Mosconi Cup pick for captain.

I also think not picking Mike for this years cup, even though skill wise he would have made it, will be beneficial to him in the long run.

Last edited:
Pool should not be turned into American Idol.

Mike is not all everyone says. People respond differently in competition.

Bottom line he is certainly in the top 3 in the USA in rotation pool. The young guns Mark is looking at will get hammered by Europe.

Exclude the best players for Mosconi Cup and invitation only tournaments versus opens. Way to go Mark, just turn the lights out when you are done driving pro pool into the grave.

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member

Bottom line he is certainly in the top 3 in the USA in rotation pool. The young guns Mark is looking at will get hammered by Europe.

So did the players that were supposed to do well. Have to try something else, I guess

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Exclude the best players for Mosconi Cup and invitation only tournaments versus opens. Way to go Mark, just turn the lights out when you are done driving pro pool into the grave.

Mark Wilson has nothing to do with the Invitational tournaments coming up, by the way.
Might want to check those facts.

pfduser

GRABBER GT
Silver Member
Now I don't know about this, so I thought I'd ask:
Could it be that his omission is more an indictment of his attitude and character and not so much of his talent and that his presence could be somewhat detrimental to a team atmosphere?

I don't know MIke, have never met him or even seen him in person, I have read where there are times he's not anyone's favorite person or the most liked person at an even or in the room.
Like I said, I don't know. Just askin'...

One year at the Derby I was standing in line for something and outta no where Mike runs up and breaks in line to get in front of me. I casually took my place back and he acted like he wanted to do something! He could have only hit me in the gut cause Mike was only waist high to me. Lost a lot of respect for him after that.

Doodysquat

Registered
Just wanted to come to Mark's defense a little. Just spent three day with him in St Louis. He is fully aware of the state of Professional Pool. He knows all the top players of today and most of the great players from the past. He has played in the Mosconi Cup himself. I have yet to meet a greater Ambassador to the game. He simply wants to represent the United States with players of high integrity, honesty and commitment to the betterment of the game. I am including a picture of a plaque that hangs in Lindenwood University's billiards room. It kinda sums things up about what he is looking for. Mark wrote the words....

JT
5u8uru5e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm suprised Archer isn't captain. By the way, has Johnny retired or something? Haven't seen much out of him.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unbelievable the disrespect I see in several of these posts about Mark Wilson. Mark was chosen to be Mosconi Cup Captain for good reason. Just because he didn't pick somebody that YOU (and you know who you are) think deserves to be on the team, doesn't give you any right to badmouth him.

Mark has earned his 'stripes' both in the pro pool arena, as a referee and tv commentator, and most especially as a very highly respected instructor (and now author). Mark was one of three instructors chosen to teach youngsters at the BCA Summer Youth Cue Camp, which ran for three years (Sarah Rousey came out of that program). Mark was instrumental in the way the WPBA gained popularity years ago. Mark developed and implemented the very first REAL collegiate billiards program, which currently has 30 students on a university-sponsored team. It will very likely prove to be the template for many schools for the future. Lastly, Mark has the respect of everybody within the pool industry.

Anyone who has the audacity to call Mark names behind his back is simply a douchebag. Let the man do his job...:rolleyes:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very good player, but I just don't care for his cocky attitude and rack sharking antics. :barf:

Doodysquat

Registered
Nice post Scott. Mr Wilson will be great for the Cup.
I understand you may be coming thru my home town soon. KoolKat is a friend of mine, and is looking forward to your visit. Hope to meet you and maybe get in a little table time.

JT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you think a bunch of 20 somethings who are barely in the top 100 will win because of team spirit...you are dreaming.

Last edited:

Mkbtank

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great analogy regarding iverson. Even better would be T.O. I have been around MD multiple times and he has proven himself to be of low character each time for different reasons. I am glad he's not representing the USA.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you think a bunch of 20 somethings who are barely in the top 100 will win because of team spirit...you are dreaming.

Yeah, because a bunch of 40 somethings without team spirit did so well last year.

And since you want to spout off facts without actually providing any, please allow me to put you so kindly in your place.

Out of this year's picks, only Shuff is not in the top 100. Three of the potential players are currently in the top 10.

You know who isn't in the top 10 right now? Dechaine and every other player not named Shane Van Boening that was on last year's team.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Yeah, because a bunch of 40 somethings without team spirit did so well last year.

And since you want to spout off facts without actually providing any, please allow me to put you so kindly in your place.

Out of this year's picks, only Shuff is not in the top 100. Three of the potential players are currently in the top 10.

You know who isn't in the top 10 right now? Dechaine and every other player not named Shane Van Boening that was on last year's team.

Actually, you are mistaken.

Here are the current BCA rankings per the AZB home page. As you can see, though, Mark did take two of the top 3 Americans by BCA ranking. Have a little faith in Mark. He'll do his utmost to prepare his team.

Attachments

• bca rank.jpg
    bca rank.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 1,143