Mike Page

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
The Ko bros and Wu is no longer in the top hundred.
Gotta be something I don’t know about Fargo

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be in the top 100 lists, players need to have a minimum number of games in the last 2 years. Its either 200 or 250 if my memory works. Due to C, many of the Asian players have not met those requirements.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

there's like 10 players missing from the top 30. been that way for a while. i heard that atleast the taiwanese will be able to travel again soon, don't know about mainland chinese

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I noticed the same about so many asian women..guessing it has to do with recent results (or lack thereof) due to covid

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I noticed the same about so many asian women..guessing it has to do with recent results (or lack thereof) due to covid
Wu had 828 in 2021....I didn’t think they could disappear that quick.
...and Chen Siming was by far the highest rated woman...now it’s Kelly Fisher at 100th.
The Kos are still playing in Taiwan...I guess they aren’t sending Mike any results.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
...and Chen Siming was by far the highest rated woman...now it’s Kelly Fisher at 100th.
The Kos are still playing in Taiwan...I guess they aren’t sending Mike any results.
A player's rating won't disappear completely from FargoRate until all of their games that FargoRate is aware of become more than ten years old and drop off completely and there is nothing left to rate. All the players you mentioned have games in the system in the last 10 years, and therefore have a rating which can be looked up at the website below or on the app. Wu is currently an 827 (he can be found under "Jiaqing Wu").

To make one of the "top player" lists though, players must have 250 games in the system within the last 2 years. The theory behind that is "how can you say so and so is still at a certain ranking in the pecking order if they haven't played much or at all in years?" They may have used to have had a certain ranking in the pecking order, but due to their current long term inactivity (at least as far as FargoRate knows) it would not be reliable to try to say where they would currently rank in the pecking order and so they are removed from the "top player" lists when there is no longer 250 games for them within the last two years but they still have a rating.

Last edited:

kling&allen

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
FB_IMG_1645406027774.jpg

evergruven

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I'm with you..it seems a bit strange for such proven/esteemed players to have just vanished

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well according to this a player only needs 150 games in the system at this moment to be considered active and to be eligible for the "top player" lists so it has changed from what it used to be. It used to be 250, and it may have changed another time as well, not positive.
It's always been 150.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
To be in the top 100 lists, players need to have a minimum number of games in the last 2 years. Its either 200 or 250 if my memory works. Due to C, many of the Asian players have not met those requirements.
I’m a 0 I haven’t played 2 racks in 5 years 😂

Seriously thx for the the clarification. Probably due to that “flu” thingy. Hopefully things return to normal soon and everyone who plays great gets back on the list. No chance they forgot how to play

Best
Fatboy 😀

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m a 0 I haven’t played 2 racks in 5 years 😂

Seriously thx for the the clarification. Probably due to that “flu” thingy. Hopefully things return to normal soon and everyone who plays great gets back on the list. No chance they forgot how to play

Best
Fatboy 😀

the mainland chinese and JL chang have stayed busy playing chinese 8-ball. ko brothers and kevin cheng i don't know. haven't seen cheng since pre-covid action match vs aranas

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Wonder if Busty/Orcullo will come back stronger....me I think probably not.
Mother time, less action every day, with conditions evolving it'll be interesting to see their results if/when that occurs.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It's always been 150.
Wikipedia (admittedly not always reliable) says Nick Vandenberg has not played in a pro event since 2017, which sounds about right to me. His Fargo says he's still active and is one of the most elite players in the world at Fargo 791, higher than three of the male invitees at this week's star-studded Premier League Pool (Fortunski, Szolnocki, Al-Shaheen). Is he still competing?

mikepage

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wikipedia (admittedly not always reliable) says Nick Vandenberg has not played in a pro event since 2017, which sounds about right to me. His Fargo says he's still active and is one of the most elite players in the world at Fargo 791, higher than three of the male invitees at this week's star-studded Premier League Pool (Fortunski, Szolnocki, Al-Shaheen). Is he still competing?

End of 2017 is his last Mosconi Cup and US Open. He is associated with a club called Plan B in Netherlands. Played a Eurotour event in 2018, European Championships 8-Ball and 10-Ball in 2018, European Championships team, 8-Ball and 10-Ball in 2019, a number of "moneybattle" matchups in 2020. He won the Heineken Open a few months ago (Sept 2021) with matches against Marc Bijsterbosch, Jan Van Lierop, and Ivo Aarts, won a tournament a few days ago... Other local competition. He's been playing in the vicinity of 800 speed.

calcuttaman

Pool Player
Silver Member
A player's rating won't disappear completely from FargoRate until all of their games that FargoRate is aware of become more than ten years old and drop off completely and there is nothing left to rate.

I have 24 games in Fargorate that are older then 10 years (Jan 1, 2011). They still show up in the app so I'm sure they are counted.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
End of 2017 is his last Mosconi Cup and US Open. He is associated with a club called Plan B in Netherlands. Played a Eurotour event in 2018, European Championships 8-Ball and 10-Ball in 2018, European Championships team, 8-Ball and 10-Ball in 2019, a number of "moneybattle" matchups in 2020. He won the Heineken Open a few months ago (Sept 2021) with matches against Marc Bijsterbosch, Jan Van Lierop, and Ivo Aarts, won a tournament a few days ago... Other local competition. He's been playing in the vicinity of 800 speed.
Can't tell you how pleased I am to learn that he's still showing such good form. I always enjoyed watching Nick play and saw him during some of his finest matches back in the day. Thanks for the info.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
It's always been 150.
Did you see in post #6 where I linked to a facebook post directly from FargoRate stating that it was 250? Based on your response here it appears that we should assume that the FargoRate facebook post was just incorrect info at that time due to a typo or brain fart or misinformed employee or whatever was the case, is that correct?

Last edited: