Mike Sigel

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
What’s it say Archer’s worth is? We all know his situation.

For a reality check.
Also $5 million!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Sigel currently lives in the Tampa Bay area. He doesn't seem like he's hurting for money. He plays golf quite often and seems to take international trips at a whim. For someone that "made a living" playing pool, he seems to have done alright to live comfortably in retirement. I can't imagine how he's actually making any income. He is currently traveling to China (as is Jean Balukas) for the the WPA World Billiards Celebrity Award (they were both nominated). Facebook is saying he missed his car ride in China. That won't be good if true.

Sigel says that the screenplay writer for the Color of Money based much of it on him and Larry Hubbard. I can easily see that since TCOM didn't resemble Tevis's book at all. But a story about an older pro and a brash young kid who couldn't miss, traveling the country hustling? The Iceman and Capt Hook would certainly fit the bill in the 70's.

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No. I’m saying you’re not the brightest if you believe those articles. They have them for every person worth a google.
You're not the brightest since what I said in my last post was to throw you off and flip what you were meaning in the previous post. But I've known for a long time your IQ wasn't too much higher than your age.

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
net worth is the value of all your assets minus your liabilities.

google can only guess by what may be posted of pluses of things in the news of you. and some records.

a.i. soon will be able to asses everything you own.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
net worth is the value of all your assets minus your liabilities.
Correct. Home, businesses, investments, endorsements, etc. Not just winnings.
google can only guess by what may be posted of pluses of things in the news of you. and some records.

a.i. soon will be able to asses everything you own.
Why are you saying "Google can only guess" and "A.I"? It was clearly posted in the article regarding the source of information.
It was some "snoop" who gets his rocks off by digging into the net worth and lives of people in sports and other categories.
That's seemingly ALL that he does.

*Sports Editor
Verified Author

M. Abdullah is a celebrity author with a keen interest in all things related to the rich and famous. He has built a reputation as a go-to source for the latest and trendy celebrity gossip and in-depth information and resources on the net worth of some of the world's most prominent celebrities, players, athletes, and politicians. *

All we are in this forum are nothing more than a bunch of dumb asses who never did anything in the world of pool as players
or anything else pool related. A lot of expert "criers, whiners, and bitchers" about anything and everything pool though.
$5 million is overstated, a lie, and total bullshit? Nobody here has investments in a business, real estate, stocks, etc.?

$5 million bucks in the world of sports (any and almost all sports) over a playing lifetime along with side businesses, endorsements and investments is CHUMP CHANGE! The contracts given in other sports as well as earnings from prize money without contracts such as golf dwarf pool. $5 million can be accomplished in a matter of two weeks!
$5 million for some of the pro football and baseball players is "TIP MONEY" over their career!

The average $$$ for a first-place finish on any LIV tour golf tournament over 3 days is $4,000,000 bucks! Last place earns
$128,000.

Last edited:

jbart65

Lending no credence to the website in question, good players can do okay if they invest early and wisely. The smarter ones are finding different ways to monetize their skills.(Fedor Gorst, Niels Feijin).

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Lending no credence to the website in question, good players can do okay if they invest early and wisely. The smarter ones are finding different ways to monetize their skills.(Fedor Gorst, Niels Feijin).
The good players and smarter ones are finding smarter people than they are in the field of investments and money management. That's the way it's done in other sports.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You also have to remember svb isn’t a gambler anymore. so if he does his money isn’t on the line. He was smart and invested in real estate. I’ve seen people at lowes who made 40 grand a year retire a millionaire because they made good financial decisions and took advantage of all opportunities . Not crazy to think he could do the same. I guess we are just used to most pool players being broke gambling degenerates lol

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You also have to remember svb isn’t a gambler anymore. so if he does his money isn’t on the line. He was smart and invested in real estate. I’ve seen people at lowes who made 40 grand a year retire a millionaire because they made good financial decisions and took advantage of all opportunities . Not crazy to think he could do the same. I guess we are just used to most pool players being broke gambling degenerates lol
Did he stop gambling entirely, or just at pool. I have read some stories on here of some of his exploits at the craps table!

BilliardsAbout

BondFanEvents.com
Silver Member
Sigel currently lives in the Tampa Bay area. He doesn't seem like he's hurting for money. He plays golf quite often and seems to take international trips at a whim. For someone that "made a living" playing pool, he seems to have done alright to live comfortably in retirement. I can't imagine how he's actually making any income. He is currently traveling to China (as is Jean Balukas) for the the WPA World Billiards Celebrity Award (they were both nominated). Facebook is saying he missed his car ride in China. That won't be good if true.

Sigel says that the screenplay writer for the Color of Money on him and Larry Hubbard. I can easily see that since TCOM didn't resemble Tevis's book at all. But a story about an older pro and a brash young kid who couldn't miss, traveling the country hustling? The Iceman and Capt Hook would certainly fit the bill in the 70's.
IMDB still shows Mike as Color's technical advisor, Richard Price as the credited screenwriter . . . and "actress Christina Sigel" as a waitress in the film, a new one on me!

Badpenguin

I wonder how "professional" pool players from the US deal with health care, beyond the obvious gofundme accounts. All it takes is one good health crisis to launch anyone _with_ health insurance into bankruptcy and the loss of life savings, much less a pro pool player with no health insurance.

CLAUD

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wonder how "professional" pool players from the US deal with health care, beyond the obvious gofundme accounts. All it takes is one good health crisis to launch anyone _with_ health insurance into bankruptcy and the loss of life savings, much less a pro pool player with no health insurance.
IMO, There are probably three classes of "pro" players. Some qualify for Medicaid, some make enough money they have no problem paying for coverage, and some just gamble that they won't have a catastrophic illness or accident.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
IMDB still shows Mike as Color's technical advisor, Richard Price as the credited screenwriter . . . and "actress Christina Sigel" as a waitress in the film, a new one on me!
What does a technical advisor do in a movie?

In film production, a technical advisor is someone who advises the director on the convincing portrayal of a subject. The advisor's expertise adds realism both to the acting and to the setting of a movie.

At the time the movie was made, who better, who more experienced, and who more articulate than Mike Sigel that lived through all of it in real time? Then you had the consummate pool room trash talker, gambler, hustler/player Keith McCready at the table doing what he does best.

There were three other pro players that had speaking roles in the movie besides Keith. Steve Mizerak (as Duke, Eddie’s first opponent), Grady Mathews (as Dud), and Jimmy “Pretty Boy Floyd” Mataya (as Julian’s friend in the green room).

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
IMO, There are probably three classes of "pro" players. Some qualify for Medicaid, some make enough money they have no problem paying for coverage, and some just gamble that they won't have a catastrophic illness or accident.
For the most part, pro pool players are young. Whether it's pro pool players or anyone else that's young outside of pool, the mindset for getting so ill that insurance is required doesn't even enter their minds. It's for older folks and the stats are with them.
I could be wrong and out of the loop, but I don't think the use of prescription drugs or illegal drugs are as great as it used to be
some decades back. Especially with the drug testing going on in pro pool. Booze pretty much the same way.