Moori Tip Discussion

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard this before, and mentioned ed again just today, but I really don't know what everybody's talking about. Someone just mentioned again they wish they could find a tip that played like the old Moori. What was so great about the Moori's made in the 1990s as compared to the one that made today?

I use a Moori Hard and absolutely love it! So what's the deal?

Last edited:

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was thinking that myself. But I thought I'd ask just in case there might have been something more to it. I've tried both the medium and hard Moori within the last few years. The hard fits my game better.

I really believe it's a great tip for the money... And better than most two times the price.

northdakotafats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denis Searing's Precision tips are supposed to be like the old Moori's. I tried one out. Great tip but I'm sticking with the Techno Duds. If you find a good Techno Dud nothing is even close IMO.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard this before, and mentioned ed again just today, but I really don't know what everybody's talking about. Someone just mentioned again they wish they could find a tip that played like the old Moori. What was so great about the Moori's made in the 1990s as compared to the one that made today?

I use a Moori Hard and absolutely love it! So what's the deal?

Moori tips were the bomb -- best tip I ever used.

15 years ago I had Ernie make a second Gina for me and he asked what kind of tips I wanted on the shafts and I said something like, "I'd sure like to get some Mooris on them but I know they stopped making them." And Ernie says, "No, problem. I'll put Mooris on them." And I says, "How is you still have Mooris?!" And Ernie says, "When they came out I liked them so much I bought 2,000 of them."

What I believed made then so good was their suede-like texture and that that texture seemed to still be there when you got to the bottom of the tip. I believe you can still get a modern day Moori from Cue Components.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Denis Searing's Precision tips are supposed to be like the old Moori's. I tried one out. Great tip but I'm sticking with the Techno Duds. If you find a good Techno Dud nothing is even close IMO.

I tried the Searing tips and don't feel they are anywhere near as good as the old Mooris.

Lou Figueroa

Straightpool_99

I see dead balls
Silver Member
Started using Mooris on and off around 2005. The quality has been consistent for me, though I buy mine at a brick and mortar store. I think a lot of people whing have been victims of counterfeit tips. One big whole seller sold them in the US, and smaller repair guys were probably tempted to increase their margins or were themselves duped. Also some people are lying on here to promote their own brands. The no flag masters chalk was one such lie. It's been debunked by the manufacturer yet people are buying old chalk at ridiculous mark-ups. There's one born every minute.

Last edited:

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Started using Mooris on and off around 2005. The quality has been consistent for me, though I buy mine at a brick and mortar store. I think a lot of people whing have been victims of counterfeit tips. One big whole seller sold them in the US, and smaller repair guys were probably tempted to increase their margins or were themselves duped. Also some people are lying on here to promote their own brands. The no flag masters chalk was one such lie. It's been debunked by the manufacturer yet people are buying old chalk at ridiculous mark-ups. There's one born every minute.

well, it was the most known brand so moori was what the chinese counterfeited, flooded the market and dilluted the brand. kamui probably took over 95% of moori users after that

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

15 years ago I had Ernie make a second Gina for me and he asked what kind of tips I wanted on the shafts and I said something like, "I'd sure like to get some Mooris on them but I know they stopped making them." And Ernie says, "No, problem. I'll put Mooris on them." And I says, "How is you still have Mooris?!" And Ernie says, "When they came out I liked them so much I bought 2,000 of them."

What I believed made then so good was their suede-like texture and that that texture seemed to still be there when you got to the bottom of the tip. I believe you can still get a modern day Moori from Cue Components.

Lou Figueroa
That's where I get my Moori's from... Cue Components. I'm confident they are authentic.

And I was wondering about the counterfeit ones myself. That's got to be a big part of why some people don't like current Moori's.... the counterfeits are Chinese crap that people got stuck with.

Last edited:

JusticeNJ

Four Points/Steel Joints
Silver Member
I think the Thoroughbred M/S are close. Really nice tips. Kelly is great to deal with and it's what Richard Harris uses on his cues, so that kind of says something too.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Some of those old Mooris were cut up to go on miniature cue tips. Gonna probably be some more go on them when I root through my storage unit. I have owned these for decades, they are the real deal. I still like single layer tips better.

Hu

buckshotshoey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Some of those old Mooris were cut up to go on miniature cue tips. Gonna probably be some more go on them when I root through my storage unit. I have owned these for decades, they are the real deal. I still like single layer tips better.

Hu
Someone needs to post a video on YouTube of how single layer cue tips are made. I can find nothing.

Nick B

This is gonna hurt
Silver Member
The originals were the best. The current versions are real close though. I wouldn't pay 2x for an original.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member

Lou Figueroa
You absolutely cannot buy real tips from that scam artist, delete this

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
That's where I get my Moori's from... Cue Components. I'm confident they are authentic.

And I was wondering about the counterfeit ones myself. That's got to be a big part of why some people don't like current Moori's.... the counterfeits are Chinese crap that people got stuck with.
I can prove they are not, that idiot scammer accused me of selling fake Mooris here on AZ. He picked apart the packaging and the decal.

They came from him.

He told on himself.