More Pool Wars

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Guess what, it's almost complete, after three years of starts and stops I'm almost there. Just a few finishing touches (waiting for the cover art) and some formatting for the printer and I will have a book! I'm excited about this book as I break new territory here, including several non pool related stories about my little adventures in life.

The second part of the book is what I call My Little Black Book of pool secrets. Most of it has never been in print anywhere before to my knowledge. It kind of encompasses what I've observed it takes to really play this game well. I hope you will find this part engaging as well. I didn't write it so much as a lesson primer, but more as a source of pool knowledge to draw from what you want. I'm fairly certain that in reading this part of my book you will find ways to improve your game and that goes for just about anyone this side of Shane or Dennis Orcollo.

Anyway this is just a heads up to all of you who have been asking me when my new book will be out. I'm not taking any orders yet, but I should have it ready for sale come January. Thanks for your patience.

Last edited:

Ky Boy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to reading it.

I read the first in one sitting cause I couldn't put it down.

gehawe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Your book is already on the wishlist.
First Position!

Looking forward:thumbup:

tucson9ball

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll have to put a bug in my wife's ear to order it. So...just like the last one she will contact you for a signed copy I'm sure :)
My birthday is April so works out great.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Actually I enjoyed the story about you making a ton with sandwiches at the University.

(PRE-SUBWAY)

If I remember right you bought a new Corvette and paid cash!

There ya go!

Ken

ProZack

Zack's "On the Road" Cue Repair
Silver Member
COME WITH IT JAY!!!! Get off the Stall. lol

I can't wait.. Lets get a Pre-Order list together

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Actually I enjoyed the story about you making a ton with sandwiches at the University.

(PRE-SUBWAY)

If I remember right you bought a new Corvette and paid cash!

There ya go!

Ken

True story! It was called The Foodman. If I was smart I would have expanded that business to other college campuses. But all I wanted to do was play pool :thumbup:. Heck, I was only 20 years old, what did I know?

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
WARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's what wrong with pool....:eek:

Wars...and more wars...and rumors of wars...and more rumors of wars.

...on the other hand...I enjoyed the first book so much.....
...maybe pool DOES need more wars. :)

I'm a loyal and satisfied customer, Jay.

Nine ... corner

BANNED
Silver Member
Great news, Jay. I was one of those that took more than one opportunity to ask, "When?" I loved the first one and I'm sure I will love this new one as well.

jeffj2h

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay, I'm looking forward to the book.

I have an idea for your next book(s): you should write biographies of Earl and Efren. You've been around both players for decades and know them. And you know the Philippines. You're just the man, at the right time.

Jeff

3RAILKICK

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking forward to getting on a pre-release list when the time is right.

Jay, thanks for doing this. Story telling is a time honored, but disappearing method of informing and describing the colorful past, that would otherwise be lost to history.

You have a knack for putting the reader in the time and place and space of the tale.

Thanks, and good luck with PWII.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jay, I'm looking forward to the book.

I have an idea for your next book(s): you should write biographies of Earl and Efren. You've been around both players for decades and know them. And you know the Philippines. You're just the man, at the right time.

Jeff

You will find stories about both of them in my new book (More Pool Wars) and I've covered the Philippine pool scene pretty well also.

NitPicker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great news indeed, Jay! I really enjoyed your "Pool Wars" and look forward to "More". Thanks for sharing!

SJDinPHX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
'bout time !!!

Sure to be another great read, from a guy who's been there, and done it all, and is damn good at writing about it !
...Looking forward to it Jay !..:thumbup:

Dick

Last edited: