Mosconi Cup 2021 Day 3 Updates

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I can understand the rule, as horrible as this was. You shouldn't get a free extension by asking for a cleaning. I don't think that's what JJ was doing here. Wish there was some discretion.

Brutal.
You are supposed to shoot with a clump of chalk on the ball and take your chances?

Pause the clock for the 5 seconds it takes...WTF

wblake

Registered
I can understand the rule, as horrible as this was. You shouldn't get a free extension by asking for a cleaning. I don't think that's what JJ was doing here. Wish there was some discretion - like if there's an actual spot on the ball, it should stop. You shouldn't have to accept a skid either.

Brutal.
Have the player turn their back to the table while the cue ball is cleaned, problem solved.

Quesports

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh wait. There is Shane sitting on the couch while his team mate is playing his heart out... WOW!!!!

mattydrva

I was actually more put off that Shane deserted his teammates apparently in that last match. At least we won the Ryder Cup, haha

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Have the player turn their back to the table while the cue ball is cleaned, problem solved.
One " cleaning" per rack?

Just blew the best story of the cup if Jeremy won that set....even is US never made another ball losing 11-6

That rack was just crazy

efirkey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm sure Matchroom would have rather had JJ won the last rack. It would make for a better story and a better day tomorrow.

Gatz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hill hill and Jeremy has a chance to win it all. I absolutely agree with no stoppage of the clock to clean cueball. It gives Jeremy some time to cool his nerves. Considering the situation and 30seconds on the clock with 1000+ watching. He was definitely trying to take a minute to compose himself. He obviously didn’t know the rule but that has been the rule for awhile in all Mosconi’s. He is the Captain after all, should know the rule lmao

loggerhead12

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
That's like nullifying the winning home run in The Natural for a socks violation.

Total mental failure. He had it won.