MOSCONI CUP 2023 AZB Watch Party / Master Thread

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 3:

Gorst breaks big making 2 balls and has a steep cut on the 2 on the bottom short rail. Safe opportunity is there, but he goes for it and it hangs up.

Filler steps up, makes the 2 hanger and gets perfect on the 3. Should be out easily from here. Tries to move the 8 over the side pocket but got it worse, but gets perfect on the 8, follows it down for a straight in 9 and it's 3-0 Filler.

Gorst needs to get his sh*t together.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 3 was Gorst's game to lose .
Honestly Gorst has yet to even show up at this event (day 1 or 2), hes genuinely a non-factor so far.

Its a different beast when playing in front of a gladiator arena type crowd.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
When Filler is in top gear, it gets very dark...

I can't think of a player that has a higher top gear, probably except prime Earl when it comes to 9-ball.

It's bizarre.

Shane has a similar gear, but it only seems to come out during long money matches. Filler finds it extremely quickly. Scary

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
When Filler is in top gear, it gets very dark...

I can't think of a player that has a higher top gear, probably except prime Earl when it comes to 9-ball.

It's bizarre.

Shane has a similar gear, but it only seems to come out during long money matches. Filler finds it extremely quickly. Scary
Agree. Had my hopes up when Filler dogged his first shot, but flawless since. This match will likely require perfection from Gorst from here on out.

Monti

3 errors Fedor 3 lost games. He had a chance to take control of all of them. Nerves showing for him as well. Or maybe the white carbon isn’t as good as his cuetec 😀

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
3 errors Fedor 3 lost games. He had a chance to take control of all of them. Nerves showing for him as well. Or maybe the white carbon isn’t as good as his cuetec 😀
About to be 4 errors, 4 game losses.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 4

Filler drops two balls on the break, but his CB got a kick leaving it on the end rail with a long cut on the 2, which he misses (!).

Gorst has a look at the 2 but it's partially blocked by the 4, leaving half of the corner pocket. Takes an extension. Bears down then overcuts it into the 4. Sits down smiling and scratching his head.

Filler has an easy table with the exception of the 5, which is blocked by the 7. Shape from the 4 to the 5 will need to be perfect, but he gets too straight on the 4, will require a big stroke. He comes up short on the power draw and is left with either a cross-side bank or safe on the 5. He drains the bank and leaves a long straight shot on the 6 which will have natural shape on the 7. Drains it, followed by the 7 and 9.

Score 4-0 Filler.

SKILLZELITE

Universality
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is shaping up to be quite possibly the worst ass whooping in the history of the Mosconi cup.

Kris_b1104

Silver Member
Yes, for Kris missing half a pocket with tough position on the next shot counts as an egregious error
He had plenty of other options instead of trying to squeeze the 2 ball past the 4. It was a low-percentage shot... Could've even played safe, wide open table and full look on the object ball. How is that not an error?

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 5

Gorst breaks, flukes in the 1 off the side pocket tittie and has a good table and good look at the 2. Comes a little short on the 3, but recovers. Makes the 4 but gets straightish on the 5, will require a big stroke to get back for the 6. He chooses to slow-roll it and take the 6-8 combo. Takes an extension. Combo looks wired, he drains the 8 and gets perfect on the 6. Should be out easily from here, and he is.

Score 4-1 Filler.

mattydrva

Game 5

Gorst breaks, flukes in the 1 off the side pocket tittie and has a good table and good look at the 2. Comes a little short on the 3, but recovers. Makes the 4 but gets straightish on the 5, will require a big stroke to get back for the 6. He chooses to slow-roll it and take the 6-8 combo. Takes an extension. Combo looks wired, he drains the 8 and gets perfect on the 6. Should be out easily from here, and he is.

Score 4-1 Filler.
Love the updates. Thanks!