MOSCONI CUP 2023 AZB Watch Party / Master Thread

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love nothing more than to be wrong for the sake of great competition but objectively I really don't think USA will ever win another cup.

I know it has been said countless times but if I were matchroom I would really think of transitioning to a Reyes Cup and have Europe vs Asia. It would be much more interesting to watch the Ko Brothers, James Aranas, Anton Raga and Carlo Biado anyway.

shooter_Hans

I'd love nothing more than to be wrong for the sake of great competition but objectively I really don't think USA will ever win another cup.

I know it has been said countless times but if I were matchroom I would really think of transitioning to a Reyes Cup and have Europe vs Asia. It would be much more interesting to watch the Ko Brothers, James Aranas, Anton Raga and Carlo Biado anyway.
This is the way.

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member

This man knows pool. Europe's preparation + training regiment is eons above America's pool culture.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 6

During the break, Shane steps up to Gorst to give advice. Please sit down Shane.

Filler breaks dry, leaves an easy 1 and the balls are spread nicely. Gorst should run this out in his sleep.

Gorst gets lucky shape on the shot on the 2, bumping into the 5 which nearly blocked his look at the 3. Run-out still looks automatic for him. Had to bring a big 2-3 railer for shape on the 4, which he did to perfection. 5 to the 6 is last challenge, and he got perfect on the 6. Perfect on the 7, 8, and 9.

Score 2-4 Filler.

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
3 errors Fedor 3 lost games. He had a chance to take control of all of them. Nerves showing for him as well. Or maybe the white carbon isn’t as good as his cuetec 😀

but then why agree to change right before the cup?? 💵💵💵 ... same for ruiz

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
Game 7

Gorst breaks, makes 1 in the side. 2 ball is stuck to the long rail and blocked in both directions. He pushes. Filler gives it back. Gorst pulls off a brilliant safety, leaving the 2 behind the 6 and the CB behind the 3 across the table.

Filler jumps the 3, clips the two, and leaves full-table distance but a look at the 2 which is 10" from the corner pocket.

Gorst takes an extension, then plays a good safe on the 2 leaving full-table distance but a clear look at the 2.

Filler nearly scratches, but ends up with a perfect safe. Gorst will need to make a perfect kick.

Gorst wiffs the kick by a large margin. BIH to Filler with a wired 2-9 combo, which he drains.

Filler wins 5-2.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Best game of the match! Filler did get a good roll but that safety would have a good one even if the cue ball didn’t hit the seven.

Monti

He had plenty of other options instead of trying to squeeze the 2 ball past the 4. It was a low-percentage shot... Could've even played safe, wide open table and full look on the object ball. How is that not an error?
Agreed. The error was in choice of shot. Especially with a shot clock he should have played a safe