MOSCONI CUP 2023 AZB Watch Party / Master Thread

Jimbojim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah the 8 ball rattle-in was alarming as his entire demeanor looked off. He looked like a league player getting to the last couple balls and suddenly afraid (ask how I know so well what that looks like). He had no focus and intensity, just....fear? It came as no surprise to see him timidly miss the 9.

Then the missed 7 later he was clearly just lined up wrong the entire time. I mean I hate to say this about an umpteen time major tournament champion, but he really seems to be folding under pressure.

What is it about the MC that is different from all the other tournaments in which he confidently plays like a stud? Perhaps it's a team dynamic thing?
I really think he does not enjoy this event. Even in the press conference he never seemed thrilled and had a hard time expressing his emotions.

Still a monster player and a legend.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Gorst and Wolford play the last match of the day. Can they stem the tide? That’s a big ask right now.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Wow. Looks like even Gorst is getting infected by the low standard of play amongst the "American" players. Hooks his teammate on the very first shot. Sigh.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
WPA trying to steal thunder right now with their announcement of the Heyball World Tour.

1. Heyball World Junior Championships
2. Heyball African Open
3. Heyball American Open
4. Heyball Asian Open
5. Heyball European Open
6. Heyball Oceania Open
7. Heyball World Championship
8. Champion of Champions
9. National champions for 64 countries
10. World Cup in 2026.

BlueRaider

Registered
Man, I'm glad my one and likely only MC experience was the Mandalay Bay in 2019. It was great to see a win and I don't see another one for Team USA for a long time at this rate.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
WPA trying to steal thunder right now with their announcement of the Heyball World Tour.

1. Heyball World Junior Championships
2. Heyball African Open
3. Heyball American Open
4. Heyball Asian Open
5. Heyball European Open
6. Heyball Oceania Open
7. Heyball World Championship
8. Champion of Champions
9. National champions for 64 countries
10. World Cup in 2026.
Heyball makes me laugh when I hear that name.

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Man, I'm glad my one and likely only MC experience was the Mandalay Bay in 2019. It was great to see a win and I don't see another one for Team USA for a long time at this rate.
With the way this is going, I prolly am not gonna watch past today, and this event is probably not gonna be on my list of events to make time to watch in the future.

smoochie

NotLikeThis
Dont know if this has been discussed before but i havent read all the pages to be frank. But Fedor seems to be playing with a brand new cue and shaft, his grip is white look like a tennis type of grip? Any1 know whats his new cue/shaft & if he's sponsored or by choice?