Since 1 match they can dole out $150K prizemoney, 3 matches $450K

So
Champion $50K per playerx5=$250K
Runner up $25K per playerx5=$125K
Semifinalists $10K per player x10=$100K
Total $475K

JC

Coos Cues
Marcus giving a speech. He's so cute. I love Marcus. Crowd is singing. Marcus has to say one thing. Marcus said he used to live in the U.S. for 5 years. He said, "I know you guys are going to bounce back. America never gives up. I know what you guys are all about."

Marcus invited China, Philippines, everybody to come play his team. "Us six are together. We are in this together. Everybody is behind each other. This is a team. We're the best team in the world, and we showed it today, okay?" I love Marcus.

Albin gets MVP.

Confetti and trophy time.

This photo says it all.

Everyone got a medal.

The modern American culture has come home to roost.

JC

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
4 teams sounds good
2 semifinals and a final.
3 matches
Since 1 match they can dole out $150K prizemoney, 3 matches $450K

So
Champion $50K per playerx5=$250K
Runner up $25K per playerx5=$125K
Semifinalists $10K per player x10=$100K
Total $475K

Europe
Asia
Middle East
North America

Those 4 teams IMO. The Middle East would be a little weak at the start but they are starting to see a better stable of players and results in world class events. They are also massive financial supporters for this sport at this point and for them to be included in an event like this would help pool in the Middle East and worldwide.

I would do a 3 team round robin between the non-champions. The team that wins the round robin plays the defending champs for the title.

The round robin would be mixed matches between all three teams so you would view an America vs Asia match, then an Asia vs Middle East match, then an America vs Middle East match, ect... each team plays 9 matches against each other team, one team match, 5 singles matches, and 3 scotch doubles.

If the round robin ends

Asia 14 wins
Middle East 8 wins
North America 5 wins

The Middle East gets 3rd, the USA gets 4th, and Asia goes to the championships match against Europe.

Prize money for 3rd and 4th would be a share of a prize pool based on wins. So if there is $65,000 for the bottom two paces the Middle East would receive $40,000 for their 8 wins and America would receive $25,000 for their 5 wins.

Last edited:

Kris_b1104

House Pro in my own home.
Silver Member
If I'm not mistaken, the World Cup of Pool is a thing.

Because we're getting our ass handed to us that means we have to change the teams and format? Sounds real salty to me.

If USA won 11-3, this wouldn't even be mentioned.

Celtic

AZB's own 8-ball jihadist
Silver Member
How about The EU, England, North America, Asia?

I purposely went with region vs region and avoided region vs country.

As said above, there is already a World Cup of Pool for country vs country.

This would be an event to determine the dominant regional scene. In general North America, Europe, and Asia have their own regional pool scene, tours, and events and the players from those regions have a connection as they generally compete in those distinct tours and events against others from those regions.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Europe
Asia
Middle East
North America

Those 4 teams IMO. The Middle East would be a little weak at the start but they are starting to see a better stable of players and results in world class events. They are also massive financial supporters for this sport at this point and for them to be included in an event like this would help pool in the Middle East and worldwide.

I would do a 3 team round robin between the non-champions. The team that wins the round robin plays the defending champs for the title.

The round robin would be mixed matches between all three teams so you would view an America vs Asia match, then an Asia vs Middle East match, then an America vs Middle East match, ect... each team plays 9 matches against each other team, one team match, 5 singles matches, and 3 scotch doubles.

If the round robin ends

Asia 14 wins
Middle East 8 wins
North America 5 wins

The Middle East gets 3rd, the USA gets 4th, and Asia goes to the championships match against Europe.

Prize money for 3rd and 4th would be a share of a prize pool based on wins. So if there is $65,000 for the bottom two paces the Middle East would receive $40,000 for their 8 wins and America would receive $25,000 for their 5 wins.

Sounds good. North American would be boosted by Alex and Morra. Middle East will be composed of mostly resident Filipinos who played and qualified for main stage in droves in recent Kuwait Open. They will give North America run for their money.
Asia will be spoiled for choice- tough to choose 5 players from Taiwan and Philippines- far easier to choose 5 teams. Most years, Final will be Europe v Asia

If I'm not mistaken, the World Cup of Pool is a thing.

Because we're getting our ass handed to us that means we have to change the teams and format? Sounds real salty to me.

The World Cup of Pool is often confused as a team event. It is not team event, it is just a doubles event- comprising 1 doubles pair from each country. About 30 countries take part.
The only country v country team event is the now defunct World Team Pool championship which was held every 2 years and lasted few editions with last edition few years ago. It has about 5 players playing singles, doubles, mixed doubles . Only about 5 matches in each country v country matchup. About 20 to 30 teams all over world take part. All the Euros, Asians have played in it. Group stage followed by knock out stage. Champions gets about $15K per player. UK and Taiwan have won it. :)

Bank it

Uh Huh, Sounds Legit
Silver Member
Look at the picture. What is that bling hanging around the American's necks? It's not part of their shirts. Looks to me like they were awarded the silver medal.

JC

Participation ribbon