Mosconi Cup

Nice seeing you back in your old form. Seriously. Things are more lively with you around :)

I give it a week. Meh, who cares, this place is dire anyway. The trolls have what they always wanted; an echo chamber that is sterile, boring and full of inward looking old people, reminiscing about past glories. Good luck with that America. No wonder your game is in such a perilous state.

With friends like the protected trolls who infest this place, who needs enemies?

Unlike many who come here to stir the $hit he amuses me. (Apologies for the punctuation gaffs. There is literally no comma on this tablet. Heh heh)

He usually keeps it brief. And occasionally goes too far. But I usually get more chuckles than annoyances from him. Sorry.

Thanks.

SammyUtd

Registered
About Dechaine- I think he has to play on Mosconi for U.S. He is definitely top 5 Anerican players no question. Only bad set he played was last set against Jayson and Shaw didn't even play good until the last day and Shaw basically played perfect on him. Up 10-3 and your crowd is cheering him on like crazy and crowd is really really picking on Mike bad. You can watch YouTube matches of 2016 and you can hear some noise but it sounds like nothing I mean nothing compared to being there live. There is about 20-50 people every shot yelling insults and people laughing and you cannot hear that on YouTube! So I've played money matches in other people's homes, hometown, for $30,000 and more and that's not even 1 percent of Mosconi pressure.

Yeah, I thought the crowd went over the top (at times) and it wasn't the easiest environment to play in. Not all us fans are like that and I do hope that it hasn't left a negative opinion for team USA.

I found all the American players to be very approachable, down to earth and I'm sure you guys will be back for the challenge - just think how great victory will be.:smile:

I will be cheering you guys on next year, Europe are getting carried away with the success and will hopefully be in for a shock next year.

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Merry Xmas U2 :). I look at the choice you made in life, and your rewards are quite remarkable. You took the Ether out of Kiether....who would of ever Thunk :). Your risk was much greater that what's before JB and you did great!! That's even more amazing....in a good way. Ya can't take the Hall outta Buddy....that's for sure :thumbup:. And who'd want too.:p

Happy trails to you, Island Drive. Not everybody is aware that Santa Claus is a pro-caliber player. Beware of the man in a red suit asking for a handicap on a field of green cloth. :grin-square:

Attachments

• 10363132_10153469781498020_3075334300512486158_n.jpg
    10363132_10153469781498020_3075334300512486158_n.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 509

JimGinPhx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With the volume of noise at the Mosconi Cup being such a big distraction for the US players, why not , while team training, blast the background noise while at the table. Similar to what NFL teams do when preparing to play at a traditionally noisy, high decibel stadium .Get some drunk people to shout insults while the player is in his backstroke.Instead of training in a quiet,controlled environment, make it loud and raucous.

BigDeal52

Don Pearce
Silver Member
Justin, I think you were awesome in the Mosconi cup. Thanks for being part of the team and I hope you will be a member in many more in the future.

Tooler

AhSheetMaDruars
Silver Member
Thanks for the nice post Justin. But for the shirt foul that match could have gone the other way. I really like the idea of you spending a month (or two) in the Philippines. I think you will love it there. There are no bar tables in the Philippines, all 9'! You will have no trouble finding games there. Any poolroom you enter someone will immediately ask you to play, and for money!

Good players everywhere, most of whom you've never heard of, but they can play. I think you'll love the challenge. A good game there is maybe a 5-10,000p bet ($100-200). That is what most good players like to play for. They always play Races, never ahead sets. Something like a Race to 15 or 21 is common. They love all Rotation games, plus Eight Ball. The good players over there prefer Ten Ball. DO NOT play Rotation with them though. You will get schooled if you do. :thumbup:

The conditions are not always the best, you must learn to adjust to all the different equipment you will encounter, and the humid conditions (bring powder!). It has done wonders for Skylar's game spending time over there. He left a boy and returned a man!

I want to assure you of one last thing Justin. You will play on winning MC teams in the future! That's my promise to you. :smile:

Justin,

Listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about.

Probably the best thing for your game that you could do, is spend 6 months over there. Take that Kentucky Kid with you.....your gonna love it.

I think a PI visit should be mandatory for all future MC players.

The previous comments on the 7ft tables are also spot on. Worst thing that's ever happened to PRO POOL. Keep the baby tables for the leagues.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
In other news - Karen Corr is a US citizen. All we need now is Shaw and Appelton to switch sides, get rid of Shane, bring back Archer and Earl and we have a chance.
Jason

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
Happy trails to you, Island Drive. Not everybody is aware that Santa Claus is a pro-caliber player. Beware of the man in a red suit asking for a handicap on a field of green cloth. :grin-square:

Just tell Santa I'm glad it's not Costa Mesa Gold....cloth that is. The same to both of you, can't wait ta see the....''twins'' each 2 1/2 year old/boy, girl/and my oldest 4 1/2 yr old Gavin.

pab

Center ball can do it all
Silver Member
Justin - Great post!! Thanks to you and all your team members for your efforts. Ignore the haters - it is easy to criticize when you aren't the one in the spotlight. I have complete faith in all of you and your team captain. Great bunch of people. Hope to see you here in Vegas next year.

krelldog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets keep things in perspective; Team Europe- Albin Oschan is a world champion. Neil is a multiple world champion. Daz is a world champion. Although Shaw hasn't won one yet...he certainly will someday, and Mark Gray is certainly no slouch

Team USA has one world champion,,,and oh by the way our selection process is based alot by playing on bar tables.

Comparing Team Europe to Team USA is like comparing Tom Brady to Johnny Manziel....we are not even remotely close.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets keep things in perspective; Team Europe- Albin Oschan is a world champion. Neil is a multiple world champion. Daz is a world champion. Although Shaw hasn't won one yet...he certainly will someday, and Mark Gray is certainly no slouch

Team USA has one world champion,,,and oh by the way our selection process is based alot by playing on bar tables.

Comparing Team Europe to Team USA is like comparing Tom Brady to Johnny Manziel....we are not even remotely close.

Even Shaw is recognized as a WPA World 8-ball (Blackball) Champion in 2010. And actually the US does not have even a single World Champion. Second place a couple times, but not a winner.

Koop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I wrote this last year and it still seems relevant today. Same story different year.

Attachments

• 2015mosconi.JPG
    2015mosconi.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 355

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly hope that next year the Mosconi Cup is

1. Rack your own with magic rack, and 1 on the spot.
2. Races to 11
3. No jump cues
4. Winner breaks

That way the only excuses we'll have will be, "Oh, it's not right that [insert name here] can play! He lives in America!" and "Too bad it's not North America, then we could have Alex."