Most racks ever run on a Valley bar box

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
:rolleyes:Did you read the OP? The Valley bar box is probably one of the worlds most common tables................

I don't care what some you think may or may not be possible. I wanted to know about the things that took place, not what some guy thinks is possible or not. ........

I especially do not care what the main tourneys are played on. They are usually races to 7,8, 9 or sometimes 11...Such a format is not ideal for the big runs, is it? I bet that there are people nobody's ever heard of, in small towns around the world that has run a dozen racks on these tables, as well as pros gambling against local people etc. That was what I wanted to hear about. Thank you to all that contributed such stories..

Not that it really matters.... personal records from decades ago don't mean squat except to the people that performed them, but big packs are possible from some average players on any given day if the sun is shining on them. Not many on here know me, I'm just an average player...but back in the early 90's I played in an 8 ball tourney on valley b boxes. I had to race to 5.... ran out the set...my next opponent was waiting for me, and they wouldn't let me stay on that table. so we played on another and I won the flip and ran out the set. I count it as a 10 pack.... don't really care if anyone believes it or not. I just wanted to speak up, because it is possible. I was unconscious for a while in that tourney.... it was a bizarre experience for me then, and one I haven't had the pleasure of having since to that extent. Not that it was really enjoyable because I wasn't really thinking... just 'knowing' 'seeing' and 'doing'. When the conscious mind gets out of the way it's amazing what can happen. That day was MINE!! :) I did win the tourney, and had myself in the calcutta....
That was then.... now is now....
td

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
Not that it really matters.... personal records from decades ago don't mean squat except to the people that performed them, but big packs are possible from some average players on any given day if the sun is shining on them. Not many on here know me, I'm just an average player...but back in the early 90's I played in an 8 ball tourney on valley b boxes. I had to race to 5.... ran out the set...my next opponent was waiting for me, and they wouldn't let me stay on that table. so we played on another and I won the flip and ran out the set. I count it as a 10 pack.... don't really care if anyone believes it or not. I just wanted to speak up, because it is possible. I was unconscious for a while in that tourney.... it was a bizarre experience for me then, and one I haven't had the pleasure of having since to that extent. Not that it was really enjoyable because I wasn't really thinking... just 'knowing' 'seeing' and 'doing'. When the conscious mind gets out of the way it's amazing what can happen. That day was MINE!! :) I did win the tourney, and had myself in the calcutta....
td

100% counts as 10.racks. congrats on the "perfect day"

Wish everybody could experience something like this in their lives.
Jason

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Gold Crown by a mile. A ball that enters the mouth of the pocket shouldn't get spit back out.

Rather have a dented cue. It would be nice if the pockets were flush though

I can admit Diamond makes a damp fine table. It may be because that is what I grew up with and have done 99% of my gambling on but I am a GC man thru and thru. I do have to add though I don't care for the way Diamonds bank and I'm with Jason on the pockets too.

I have posted before that if I had to hit a snooker or play a multi-rail position shot...
...I would rather be on a Gold Crown...especially a 1 or a II.....
...I prefer the softer, slower rubber.

But for balls spitting out, down the rail at a good speed, the Diamond beats a GC all to hell.
Diamond has a much cleaner 'fall'.

jalapus logan

be all. and supports it to
Silver Member
I have posted before that if I had to hit a snooker or play a multi-rail position shot...
...I would rather be on a Gold Crown...especially a 1 or a II.....
...I prefer the softer, slower rubber.

But for balls spitting out, down the rail at a good speed, the Diamond beats a GC all to hell.
Diamond has a much cleaner 'fall'.

Completely agree.

9andout

Gunnin' for a 3 pack!!
Silver Member
td
I've had minor glimpses of this during some of my"one packs"lol
Hooked for life though because of it!!

sydbarret

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
count me In for 1000. 30 days to post a video, and I would be willing to say he can't do 8 in a 30 day period. unlimited tries to break and run 8.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
td
C S Lewis said "A thing remembered is twice enjoyed."

When you hit dead stroke, you can't stop and ponder on how well you're playing...
...that would be the end of it.
..for that time, all your normal cares and thoughts are put on hold...I feel that's why we do things like play pool....it's like a state of innocence.

Your memory can sort it out later.
That was your trip to the 'land of dead stroke'...nobody can live there...we can only be tourists.

But you got there......feel yourself priveledged...and enjoy the memory.
:bow-down:

grindz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
C S Lewis said "A thing remembered is twice enjoyed."

When you hit dead stroke, you can't stop and ponder on how well you're playing...
...that would be the end of it.
..for that time, all your normal cares and thoughts are put on hold...I feel that's why we do things like play pool....it's like a state of innocence.

Your memory can sort it out later.
That was your trip to the 'land of dead stroke'...nobody can live there...we can only be tourists.

But you got there......feel yourself priveledged...and enjoy the memory.
:bow-down:

I like the way you think! :). Great quote about the 'land of dead stroke'.
If we could live there it probably wouldn't be so sweet. Thanks everyone
For the positive responses. For those that haven't gotten there yet... To
Buy a ticket you need to go to the corner of Practice and Performance
And look for a ghostly character.... But be careful he may charge you your
Soul.

TD

uwate

daydreaming about pool
Silver Member
Paul Turner from Georgia was said to have run alot of racks on the barbox. It was a double digit number and I want to say I heard it was 17. Maybe someone from Georgia can chime in.

Take a look at the USBTC videos on youtube and watch how they are slow breaking and making the wing ball with the magic rack every time. Under those conditions how many 12s can possibly be created by top players?

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This may not be the record but it is a good story

Years ago Joe salazar matched up to play Bobby Leggs

Bobby won the flip and ran 11 straight racks

joe's backer looked sheepishly to Joe with that

What the heck?you think we ought to pull up look

Joe whispered "Naw,he can't play a lick"

I suppose he shot them wrong or who knows what

Joe proceeded to win the money

True story,
maybe 40 years ago now

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I like the way you think! :). Great quote about the 'land of dead stroke'.
If we could live there it probably wouldn't be so sweet. Thanks everyone
For the positive responses. For those that haven't gotten there yet... To
Buy a ticket you need to go to the corner of Practice and Performance
And look for a ghostly character.... But be careful he may charge you your
Soul.

TD

I have to acknowledge George Fels for "the land of dead stroke".
Always liked that phrase.