MP Cup! PacMan International Tournament

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Info here:

http://mpcupgensan.wix.com/mpcupgensan#!about/c66t
and on FB
https://www.facebook.com/mpcupgensan

We are happy to inform you that we are having an international pool event to be held on September 01-12, 2014 in General Santos City, South Cotabato,Philippines, titled MP CUP-GENSAN FESTIVAL International Open 10 Ball singles and Doubles Tournament with total prize ofone hundred thirty thousand US dollar ($130,000.00).

This event will be hosted by our Boxing Superstar Congressman Manny “PACMAN” Pacquiao, this is also included in the GensanTuna Festival calendar of activities.

Pool is one of so many sports that bring pride and honor to our country!!! Because of so many Filipino billiard enthusiastand TRI-MEDIA support to pool, Phillipines is always a better venue for International pool event.

Shane Van Boening, Thorsten Hohmann-John Morra, Alex Pagulayan-GandySapsal,Ko Pin Yi-Ko Pin Chu, Efren “Bata” Reyes- Django Bustamante, Dennis Orcullo- Carlo Biado, Antonio Lining Jr.-RamilGallego, Jeff De Luna-Jeffrey Ignacio are some of the pool stars that confirmed entries. Also Pacman is playing with a former world champion Ronnie Alcano.

Pacman’s renewed interest in pool will be a big help to revive pool in the Philippines and the world of pool. With his status and connections, we are looking forward to see more pool events in the Philippines and we can regain our title as POOL HAVEN OF THE WORLD and maybe make GENSAN as POOL CITY CAPITAL of the WORLD.

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think you posted the info on the 1st pac man cup here is the right dates Captura.JPG

Last edited:

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
MP Tournament

Hello Masirib,

Can you post an updated players line up for the upcoming tournament? A lot of my friends are asking me but I don't have any info to share with them. Also, if its possible, can you start an archive for this tour case I have a feeling that this tour is going to be around for a long time.

Salamat,
bayawak

Masirib5

Klaatu barada nikto
Silver Member
Hello Masirib,

Can you post an updated players line up for the upcoming tournament? A lot of my friends are asking me but I don't have any info to share with them. Also, if its possible, can you start an archive for this tour case I have a feeling that this tour is going to be around for a long time.

Salamat,
bayawak

Sorry but I don't have any more information than what is posted on the tournament website or FaceBook page. I think that archive would come from the tournament directors. I'm not connected with the tournament at all just interested like you.

--Jeff

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a super typhoon RUBY (category 4) that just landed in the Philippines. The bad weather will last until Wednesday, December 10. Will this event even push through or will it be re-scheduled or cancelled? I read that a lot of flights have been cancelled.

Last edited:

Bayawak

Tirador
Silver Member
Sorry but I don't have any more information than what is posted on the tournament website or FaceBook page. I think that archive would come from the tournament directors. I'm not connected with the tournament at all just interested like you.

--Jeff

Hey Jeff,
Thanks for the reply. I was just kinda curious and hopeful about the success of this tour. I really hope that this one becomes a regular international event.

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a super typhoon RUBY (category 4) that just landed in the Philippines. The bad weather will last until Wednesday, December 10. Will this event even push through or will it be re-scheduled or cancelled? I read that a lot of flights have been cancelled.

I guess Shane flew directly from UK to the Philippines. Maybe it was for this event?

Cuaba

Livin Large
Silver Member
I was at the first event. It was fantastic.

Max Eberle was the only American player that showed up.

There should be more next time.

Wedge

WO Wedge Lock
Silver Member
Shane and Dennis

Shane and Dennis Orcullo are partners in the Doubles event. That team will be pretty tough to fade!

Wedge

f210

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Results of DAY 1:

http://mpcupgensan.wix.com/mpcupgensan#!game-results/c1v6m

Complete List of Players (120) divided into 8 groups with 15 players per group (with 1 BYE per group). Double elimination with 4 players each group advancing into final 32 (single elimination):

http://mpcupgensan.wix.com/mpcupgensan#!participants/c2t8

Just click on the "X" icon on the right side of this link if you want to see the UPDATED BRACKET AND SCHEDULE. An excel spreadsheet will pop up. SVB is in group 8.
I do not see Dennis Orcullo on the list:

http://mpcupgensan.wix.com/mpcupgensan

Last edited:

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
From the brackets, Rodney Morris has won his first two matches (including one over Raymund Faraon, recent winner of the All Japan Championship) and faces Efren Reyes next. The winner of that goes straight to the Round of 32, while the loser has to win once on the losers' side to make it.

SVB won his first match and faces Ronnie Alcano next, about 4 hours from now.