Mr 600

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I thought that 2 hour-ish time was the portion after the exhibition match ended and he was already at 150 or 200.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

No, according to his autobiography: "I was playing a two-hundred-point match against an amateur by the name of Earl Bruney in the East High Billiard Club. He made three balls off the break, them I ran two hundred and just kept going. The run took two hours and ten minutes, which means that over that span I averaged four balls a minute."

If you figure in time to collect the balls and rack them almost 40 times he might have been closer to five balls a minute.

Lou Figueroa

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We really should look into the whole cloth color aspect of this next. Even if they were both green were they the same shade of green?

And if 626 was on blue I suspect the whole thing is null and void.

Actually, there may be something to that. The common cliche ‘color blind’, is a much more complicated/multi-faceted array of specific vision impairments than is generally appreciated.
The way a ball’s color may merge with it’s cloth background might possible effect a shooter’s skill/ability & results (?).

BJTyler

AzB Member
Silver Member
which is precisely why I think the 526 is BS too. I have the record for most consecutive made 3 pointers from NBA range in history...oh I mean the hoop was bigger, but thats cool right? Gtfo. In NO other sport would we think this was okay.

In golf, every course is different - length, trees, water, rough, traps, even Par. Yet we still recognize the 3 golfers who shot 59 in a PGA round.

In football, playing conditions differ in every stadium, dome vs outdoors, grass vs. turf, altitude vs. sea level, etc... Yet, we still keep and recognize records.

In baseball, every field is different, dimensions, altitude, etc... Yet, we still keep and recognize records.

In fact, there was a very interesting TED talk by David Epstein where he attributes nearly all of the historical improvement in 100m dash times to improvements in track surfaces, shoes, etc ...

Conditions change in EVERY sport. But that doesn’t reduce or minimize the significance of record setting accomplishments of today, the past, or the future.

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fair enough. I’d also like to see. If we say it often, and loudly enough, it just might happen.

Lol...what up Balls?

John Schmidt quote on facebook "I'm tempted to never release the 626 just to piss off the haters."

This would leave one poster like Jack Nicholson in the Shining, typing over and over for years on end: WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?WHERE IS THE VIDEO?

DynoDan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We really should look into the whole cloth color aspect of this next. Even if they were both green were they the same shade of green?
And if 626 was on blue I suspect the whole thing is null and void.

The reported specs. of John’s equip./cloth is ‘Tournament Green’ (as retailers like to label what the manufacturer calls ‘Simonis Green’), and looks pretty much the same color as what I learned to play on, and what every pre-60s room I was ever in used to cover their tables, so I doubt it could be a real issue.

While beside the point of this thread, I would just like to touch on the ‘color’ issue in general: (there is an entire scientific category of study related to ‘color’, and it's effect on human emotion & personality).
Likely it’s merely environmental conditioning, but to me, there is just something WRONG about ‘Tournament Blue’ cloth! I know room owners only order whatever color is most popular with customers & local competing rooms, but I just can’t seem to get in ‘the zone’ playing on it. Something subconsciously disconcerting that I can’t put my finger on. Or, maybe I am only unknowingly associating it’s (increasingly) more common popularity with my aging/declining playing skills (?). Go figure.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
John Schmidt quote on facebook "I'm tempted to never release the 626 just to piss off the haters."

That would be unwise of John to the point of childishness.....
...I don’t know about the general social media...but it probably resembles AZ.

If all the posters on the 626 threads were totalled up......
...and counted like election votes....
...JOHN SCHMIDT WINS BY A LANDSLIDE!

What does he want?....100% acclamation?
Aint gonna happen...but he’s very popular

wayne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That would be unwise of John to the point of childishness.....
...I don’t know about the general social media...but it probably resembles AZ.

If all the posters on the 626 threads were totalled up......
...and counted like election votes....
...JOHN SCHMIDT WINS BY A LANDSLIDE!

What does he want?....100% acclamation?
Aint gonna happen...but he’s very popular

Yes he was joking and he said he would never withhold it because 99 percent support him (1 percent vocal haters)

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Yes he was joking and he said he would never withhold it because 99 percent support him (1 percent vocal haters)

It’s always the 1% isn’t it? Rich folk, bikers, and JS626 haters, are flat earthers in a 1% situation?

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
No, according to his autobiography: "I was playing a two-hundred-point match against an amateur by the name of Earl Bruney in the East High Billiard Club. He made three balls off the break, them I ran two hundred and just kept going. The run took two hours and ten minutes, which means that over that span I averaged four balls a minute."

If you figure in time to collect the balls and rack them almost 40 times he might have been closer to five balls a minute.

Lou Figueroa

That's pretty fast if that's the case. Not that it's ever been a race.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
None of you seem to have any facts to back up your comments. Not enough of you to add up to a majority of supporters of this bs accord for js626 video. It will never override the negativity that it has already generated. At no time do all of you total up to more than 25% of AZB's on line activity. Just more non facts. I hope none of you fall off the edge and drown in internet outer space. Bye now

Why do you so badly want this to have not happened?

You are delusional if you think any less than 95% of the general forum membership read the report the day after the (alleged) run, had not a single thought related to it being untrue, and moved on never to give it another thought. A few % with a personal agenda are floating a bunch of doubt, a few % are wasting time trying to reason with them and the other 95% accept it and are wise enough to stay out of the nonsense going on here.

Low500

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In golf, every course is different - length, trees, water, rough, traps, even Par. Yet we still recognize the 3 golfers who shot 59 in a PGA round.
In football, playing conditions differ in every stadium, dome vs outdoors, grass vs. turf, altitude vs. sea level, etc... Yet, we still keep and recognize records.
In baseball, every field is different, dimensions, altitude, etc... Yet, we still keep and recognize records.
In fact, there was a very interesting TED talk by David Epstein where he attributes nearly all of the historical improvement in 100m dash times to improvements in track surfaces, shoes, etc ...
Conditions change in EVERY sport. But that doesn’t reduce or minimize the significance of record setting accomplishments of today, the past, or the future.
You make perfect sense.
However, in this silly game of pool, there exists god worshipers. And when the god gets toppled the worshipers go batcrazy.
That's the way it is with the Mosconi worshipers. Willie Mosconi is their god and "how dare someone beat his record".
I don't believe Mosconi ran 526 either. I think it was all lies by a bunch of drunks at some obscure pool room somewhere. Never happened....no movie film of it has ever been produced as evidence.
Merely some signed paper by a bunch of drunk ass pool players. And some comments from a book about the master liar himself...the one who claims to have run 526 balls. Doesn't mean a thing.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Great post, speaking as one who is wise enough to stay out of the nonsense.

Why do you so badly want this to have not happened?

You are delusional if you think any less than 95% of the general forum membership read the report the day after the (alleged) run, had not a single thought related to it being untrue, and moved on never to give it another thought. A few % with a personal agenda are floating a bunch of doubt, a few % are wasting time trying to reason with them and the other 95% accept it and are wise enough to stay out of the nonsense going on here.