My 2 cents on aiming systems

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I tried. I gave up when it became apparent that you weren't going anywhere with what you were showing me, other than the fact that putting the ball 7 inches from the pocket means it will go in a lot. You then misrepresented my problem with the pivots I was doing early on off the rail. If you could simply explain your point it would be easier.
You’ve had plenty of opportunities to have CTE explained in detail to you, most notably by Morht, but you couldn’t stay on track. After one shot you always want to go off on your own rant about CTE.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
What I said then was I don't like using feel exclusively, without some CB/OB "landmarks" to help.
And what paragraph or sentence was that stated as above?
What I say today is feel is inescapable, not that it should be used exclusively.

pj
chgo
Where in the process of aiming is feel inescapable and where is it stated? Who said feel should be or is used exclusively?
I didn't, nor did I accuse you of saying it.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
You do have a sticky that outlines the rules for this forum. Just enforce them. Pretty simple
Ps don’t allow the end around runs though.
Are you referring to this one written and posted at the top of the aiming forum?

azhousepro

Administrator​

Staff member
Admin

Jun 28, 2017
Jun 28, 2017
OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming systems than we do about politics.

This is going to be handled like baseball.

First offense will be a two week vacation.
Second offense will be a month.
Third will be a year.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Are you referring to this one written and posted at the top of the aiming forum?

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]azhousepro

Administrator​

Staff member
Admin

Jun 28, 2017
Jun 28, 2017
OK, apparently this needs to be said again. I do not want to see anyone bashing another aiming system in any way.

If you have a positive experience with an aiming system, then feel free to post it. If you want to discuss the merits of an aiming system, then feel free. But for now, I don't want any comparisons as we all know that will just turn into bashing.

It is amazing to me that we have more reported posts about aiming systems than we do about politics.

This is going to be handled like baseball.

First offense will be a two week vacation.
Second offense will be a month.
Third will be a year.
Yep

Reactions: bbb

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll stick with my simple system, "hambone". Hit a million balls, plus one.
Yes, pool is a journey. It's not like pool sucks until you get good enough to win a world title. In the course of hitting all those balls there will be many little, and satisfying, successes. I think Poolology can help shorten the learning curve at the beginners level, and maybe something like equal offset is helpful to someone who is having trouble "getting it." By and large, though, just play pool and pay attention to what works and what doesn't. That's where the fun is (aside from competition).

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, pool is a journey. It's not like pool sucks until you get good enough to win a world title. In the course of hitting all those balls there will be many little, and satisfying, successes. I think Poolology can help shorten the learning curve at the beginners level, and maybe something like equal offset is helpful to someone who is having trouble "getting it." By and large, though, just play pool and pay attention to what works and what doesn't. That's where the fun is (aside from competition).
And CTE is something to learn at the advanced level. Once learned you just keep using it because it gives you defined lines to use very easily. Otherwise numerous state champions wouldn’t be going to get expert instruction on it.

MajorMiscue

Rock Spinner
Gold Member
Just watched the 2019 Appleton/Styler 8 ball match.Amazing. Styler aligned up the shot while standing upright, then stepped into the shot inserting the cue on line and took the shot, just like I do. No discernable pivot at all, ever. CTE is invisible!

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, it's hocus pocus followed by smoke and mirrors. Nobody describes the method the same way twice .
Except there is a little thing on YouTube called “The Truth Series” that explains it perfectly.
And a very nice little book that has descriptions and pictures and everything you could possibly ask for.
And everything described in the YouTube videos and the book is exactly what Tyler does. It’s exactly what everyone using CTE should do. Yes there are fake imitations out there but they don’t get you playing CENTER POCKET MUSIC like the book does.