My 2 cents on aiming systems

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
There are way too many moving parts and variables when you take a shot for any "system" to put the ball in as precise of a spot as it will sometimes have to be. Systems will get you in the ballpark, and give you a starting point for your brain to process information from.

They also help to focus the conscious mind, thus allowing the subconscious to do what is needed. is untrue. The mechanics of a shot can be identified and described. They are not so numerous as to be unmanageable.
aiming systems do work very very well to show the shooter the exact shot line and allow them, with proper mechanics of course, to deliver the cue ball consistently and precisely and repeatedly to the same place.

Just watched the 2019 Appleton/Styler 8 ball match.Amazing. Styler aligned up the shot while standing upright, then stepped into the shot inserting the cue on line and took the shot, just like I do. No discernable pivot at all, ever. CTE is invisible!
It is invisible. Just like whatever you do to aim is invisible. CTE is a set of visually applied instructions that lead the body into the correct alignment. You won't see anything other than fluid motion by someone who is using CTE in the pro one form.

You can certainly learn the various cte methods from Stan's you tube videos.

Once you do then you will understand what Tyler is doing that you can't see.

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except there is a little thing on YouTube called “The Truth Series” that explains it perfectly.
And a very nice little book that has descriptions and pictures and everything you could possibly ask for.
And everything described in the YouTube videos and the book is exactly what Tyler does. It’s exactly what everyone using CTE should do. Yes there are fake imitations out there but they don’t get you playing CENTER POCKET MUSIC like the book does.
CTE is frequently copied and misrepresented and I gotta say, as much credit as this Dr Dave character gets around here, his description of it misses the mark as bad as any I've seen, so if anyone who happens to be one of his worshipers were to happen on his instruction on it and try it, I can certainly see why they would be here arguing it's credibility.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Except there is a little thing on YouTube called “The Truth Series” that explains it perfectly.
And a very nice little book that has descriptions and pictures and everything you could possibly ask for.
And everything described in the YouTube videos and the book is exactly what Tyler does. It’s exactly what everyone using CTE should do. Yes there are fake imitations out there but they don’t get you playing CENTER POCKET MUSIC like the book does.
Only you yourself don't do it like that.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is obvious that he isn't performing any "pivot" after getting down on the ball as has been often described.
There is only a pivot in basic CTE. There is no pivot in the advanced version of CTE that is known as Pro-One CTE. This is a very well known fact.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
no. i read it and got it clearly. my post was aimed at the cte zealots that think that system has no faults/gaps. what flavor of ka do you like? grape?
Can you properly describe the gaps and faults that CTE has? This should be interesting.
And I agree with John, you read the op wrong Lmao

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great. Enjoy. I'm out.
Glad to hear that. You are kinda out of your element here anyway. But I’ll give you credit, you aren’t too bad in the funny gif thread Yea I lurk over there, don’t post much if at all there. But I like reading it just leave it more to the experts to do the postings

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
It is obvious that he isn't performing any "pivot" after getting down on the ball as has been often described.
That's because he isn't doing the manual CTE version. In that version you stop the cue tip at the edge of the cue ball and manually pivot to the center. He is using the version where the eyes locate the aiming lines and the pivot is part of going into the shooting position.

Almost no one uses the manual version after learning the Pro One and Stepping methods.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
CTE is frequently copied and misrepresented and I gotta say, as much credit as this Dr Dave character gets around here, his description of it misses the mark as bad as any I've seen, so if anyone who happens to be one of his worshipers were to happen on his instruction on it and try it, I can certainly see why they would be here arguing it's credibility.
I agree. I like Dave and respect what he does EXCEPT when it comes to CTE. I feel he has been really shitty to Stan and others by how he mocks aiming systems.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I learned CTE from a personal lesson from Stan before his book came out yes. Were there changes from that instruction in the book, yes. Have I studied the book and incorporated those changes, yes.
Why do you guys just throw shit out there hoping it will stick?
When you say "throwing out shit" you actually mean "quoting something you said in the past"? I'm not going to spend the time to dredge it up but you said you didn't use Stan's latest variation of CTE because what you learned works.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
He beat the best player in the world who doesn't use CTE and he lost to another world class player who does not use CTE. How do you know Tyler wouldn't be every bit as good if he never heard of CTE?
Why does he bend over and line up the contact point to the pocket?

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why does he bend over and line up the contact point to the pocket?
yea now there is a stretch if I ever saw one, do you really expect anyone to believe that you can tell what point of the object ball he is looking at? Yeah Right! But to answer your post, he's looking thru the cueball down the line that makes the ball in the pocket. No matter what system you use to make the ball you will obviously eventually have to hit the contact point, whether you ever focus on it or not. Nobody ever said CTE players don't hit contact points, they just don't try to guess where it is.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When you say "throwing out shit" you actually mean "quoting something you said in the past"? I'm not going to spend the time to dredge it up but you said you didn't use Stan's latest variation of CTE because what you learned works.
I might have said that 6-8 months ago. Times change. I’ve been doing a lot of reading. I’m pretty sure that I am well versed in the final version

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea now there is a stretch if I ever saw one, do you really expect anyone to believe that you can tell what point of the object ball he is looking at? Yeah Right! But to answer your post, he's looking thru the cueball down the line that makes the ball in the pocket. No matter what system you use to make the ball you will obviously eventually have to hit the contact point, whether you ever focus on it or not. Nobody ever said CTE players don't hit contact points, they just don't try to guess where it is.
The pocket is supposed to be irrelevant after the initial split second it takes to determine which perception to use. The "balls present themselves differently" depending on where they are as the CTE saying goes. If Tyler is sighting down the shot line then he is not relying only on CTE to pocket a ball.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
Where in the video series and the book does it mention using the contact point as reference?
Two instructors here said CTE does not involve contact points m

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Didn’t answer my question and I have no knowledge of whether Fedor uses it or not. Never heard him say he uses it. But you stated he doesn’t, how do you know that?
...because if he did you'd be crowing about it. You even take cryptic information from the Pinoy's and trumpet them as Stan Shuffett students.