My apology

Status
Not open for further replies.

yelvis111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
why in the world would Trent take put the shafts in the box...re-open the box...and then remove the shafts?

for the picture?

crazy2.gif

Now that you mention it, scenario #2 should be;

2. Trent took the earlier pictures of the butt and shafts in the box, removed the shafts, sealed the box and then took the picture on page 11 of this thread. The re-tape was then done either by someone at the Post Office or Larry.

So full of win...

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
I'm waiting for the conspiracy theorists from the NPR to chime in, as if that's going to help.
They've never solved one thing over in the NPR.
At least in the main forum we get to the bottom of things once in a while.

For instance, if you were staging a video, would you really bring a butter knife to cut open the box?
or
If the mailman was real, wouldn't the dog be going crazy?

We need a trial like the one in Animal House

seven_7days

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am considering ordering a set cues from Trent and a wicked set of Meridian Knives. Its the least I can do for all they have done for all of us.
Translation: "I wonder how I can outdo this epic thread? !! I know..."

Tell the truth.
toetap05.gif

poolfool1957

I know the pieces fit
Silver Member
But no seriously, I'll put a hundo on Trent with anyone if the truth ever comes out.......

I'll take your bet.
I know a lot of people who would flip out after opening the package. I also know a lessor amount of people who would remain as calm as Larry if not even calmer.
I have neither read nor have I seen anything in these threads that convinces me that Larry is an evil, conniving, ultra-schemer.
My gut says the bet is on if you want to give it a go.

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
I think mr. wilson covered it pretty well guys. The video seems to be the real deal. He was probably expecting the cue in pieces or maybe even the shafts to not be there. He took the video for the sake of proof in which he probably intended to use on here so his reaction was calm. Or maybe he is a calm person. It looks like 270 dollars isn't gonna hurt the guy at all....The truth always comes out in the end....someone blabs something to someone and then it goes from there....

crabbcatjohn

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll take that bet

But no seriously, I'll put a hundo on Trent with anyone if the truth ever comes out.......
Lets be a little more fair to this poor guy Meridian here. He absoutely has done nothing wrong in this whole transaction except beg the world to help him get his Koa wood back. He didn't even care if it the cue had a buzz, he just wanted the wood back. He knew all along Trent had either sold the cue or looks as it appears now sold the shafts....
Trent has done every thing wrong throughout this and is now being treated like he has been in the right all along. This poor guy has been ripped off, humiliated, threatened with the destruction of his property and now has had is honesty attacked. All for 280.00 bucks. Way to go AZ... Lets review the video. At 1.11 you can see the truck and the USPS guy.
Sure Meridian didn't act mad or suprised, why would he? Didn't we all really know Trent wouldn't send the guy a completed cue... He was probably just happy to get the butt with his Koa wood back ...So it took a few days to upload the video, so what...
Now lets look at the end of the shafts in the box in Trents own photo.
The two shafts are different. The one has a different collar, its obviously a older shaft looking at the dirt in the threads and it also has a white phenolic ring next to the wood. the other one looks new and doesn't have the white ring. So, why in a new cue build would they be so different?
I'm sure Trent uses these same outer ring style in a lot of his cues... but it appears he used to make the inner collars different...
You know AZ, nobody even mentioned that in his heart wrenching apology to everybody on here, there was one person he never said he was sorry too? The guy he ripped off....

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lets be a little more fair to this poor guy Meridian here. He absoutely has done nothing wrong in this whole transaction except beg the world to help him get his Koa wood back. He didn't even care if it the cue had a buzz, he just wanted the wood back. He knew all along Trent had either sold the cue or looks as it appears now sold the shafts....
Trent has done every thing wrong throughout this and is now being treated like he has been in the right all along. This poor guy has been ripped off, humiliated, threatened with the destruction of his property and now has had is honesty attacked. All for 280.00 bucks. Way to go AZ... Lets review the video. At 1.11 you can see the truck and the USPS guy.
Sure Meridian didn't act mad or suprised, why would he? Didn't we all really know Trent wouldn't send the guy a completed cue... He was probably just happy to get the butt with his Koa wood back ...So it took a few days to upload the video, so what...
Now lets look at the end of the shafts in the box in Trents own photo.
The two shafts are different. The one has a different collar, its obviously a older shaft looking at the dirt in the threads and it also has a white phenolic ring next to the wood. the other one looks new and doesn't have the white ring. So, why in a new cue build would they be so different?
I'm sure Trent uses these same outer ring style in a lot of his cues... but it appears he used to make the inner collars different...
You know AZ, nobody even mentioned that in his heart wrenching apology to everybody on here, there was one person he never said he was sorry too? The guy he ripped off....

I have to agree here.

Id like to apoligize to the AZ community for
having a little fun at the expense of meridian blades.
This problem has both created a issue for myself and other new cue builders on this site, I just hope this can be over and done with and we can move on. I've learned a couple valuable lessons from this and hope to present myself, my cues and other cue makers better in the future.

So for all my past transgressions im sorry.

Thanks,

Last edited:

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I looked at the shafts at the beginning of the thread and the ones in the box look awful.Maybe its just the pics but for a situation to go to the crapper like this one has,why didn't anybody think of sending this to Marcus for a small headache fee and let him inspect it,cause obviously these guys had no trust in each other.

Jobba786

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have gone through this thread and the other connecting thread without reading every line, but I am left with this impression:

1. Sorry that they cannot find a solution.
2. Trent has admitted he has done something wrong - therefore the apology
3. In the mails Trent wanted Blades to accept a cue with possible failures before shipping him the cue, but Blades didn't want to sign that??
4. Finally the cue was shipped - is the butt like it should be? - with or without the shafts?
5. In my opinion neither the photos nor the videos are evidences - easy to manipulate.
6. Both parts should be interested in finding a solution because their reputation is probalby more important than a couple hundred bucks.

My 6 cents.... Jon Birger

punter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the video, the tape job is very strange, but the real tell is that dog barked waaaayyy too little at that postman.... Gotta be a fake postman.....

OK, I really just wanted to post something in this awesome thread.:eek:

Last edited:

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member
I don't think this thread has left the top spot in well over 12 hours. Never more than 3 down. I have never seen a thread get bumped like this one....lol bump

thommy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My current worry is that I can't read fast enough to keep up with the new posts . . .

As Jerry Lee would say while perusing the internet with his 14 year old cousin.
"Whole lotta posting goin' on"

Patrick

1 Pocket Addict
Silver Member
We need to put a jury together to settle this. Any suggestions on members?

I vote For Barton as foreman.

Patrick

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Id like to apologize to the AZ community for having a little fun at the expense of meridian blades.

This problem has both created a issue for myself and other new cue builders on this site, I just hope this can be over and done with and we can move on. I've learned a couple valuable lessons from this and hope to present myself, my cues and other cue makers better in the future.

So for all my past transgressions im sorry.

Thanks,

Actually I never gave it a thought until you said something...:smile:
Now that you did, I think that you were way out of line.
I can't imagine anybody poking fun at another's expense on this forum.
Besides, this is Trent's apology thread, don't be stealing the OP's thunder.
Start your own apology thread if you want to apologize.

Status
Not open for further replies.