My Break and Run 15 Ball Rotation Video

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
I had some time to kill tonight. I'm back in stroke, so I decided to try to video a 15 ball break and run in rotation.

This is much harder than a 9 ball break and run because there are so many clusters and blocked balls. I put in about 30 minutes, mostly not even getting a shot at the one ball.

I finally got a runnable rack and a couple of rolls, and came up with this video. Turn your sound on to hear the commentary and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQxw8lYrVQ

Chris
 
Chris, thanks for posting that.

I've enjoyed watching all your videos, you shoot a nice game. I did crack a huge smile at your "OMG!" When is the R-rated version being released? :D
 
Chris plays with lots of cues, and plays well with all of them...proving, once again, that it's the archer, not the arrow! :D Great shooting Chris! Where WAS that pause on the 14-ball? LOL

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com
 
Surprise ending

Chris, thanks for posting your video. The ending caught me by surprise! From watching the video, I think I'll need 3 balls and the break when we play one-pocket.
 
I can't count how many times I do that. Usually much earlier in the rack;) I think the pain is the same though:( Thank you for posting. I too enjoy your videos. I particularly enjoyed your You Tube video where you played the ghost (this time you wore shoes, maybe that's the problem).
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the video. Just a quick question. I always thought the 2 and 3 ball got racked on the bottom corners. Perhaps you were intentional with your rack or am I mistaken? Either way, thanks again for the video.
 
next time rack 13 balls, chris.

i thought you were going to do it cuz you dodged a bullet by not scratching in the side.
 
tate,
nice try! why did you shoot the 14 so hard? a nice smooth stroke could have slid the cue ball behind the 15 for the run. if the angle was right i might have thrown the 14 in the corner and left the cue on the same side for the 15 in the other corner. i'm sure we'll see another try soon.
 
You worked that table out very nicely!!
I've missed very similar shots. All I can say is D'OH!!!:D
 
Good shooting Tate.

I don't know if you want some constructive criticism, especially from a lowly player like myself, but you were raising up on most every shot, in particular the 14 ball.
 
Thanks Chris, very nice.

Next time you get "tune up" from Scott, ask him to check your P.E.P. On video it may be the reason you missed that last shot.

Merry Christmas.....SPF=randyg
 
bogey54311 said:
what kind of cue you shoot with chris?

chris G


My cue is a JW with a Predator 314. I just had the Tiger stack wrap re-pressed and a new tip put on. I just switched over to the Everest by Tiger and I was getting more action on the cueball than usual. The break cue is the new Extreme X breaker (Samsara builds them for Richard).

Chris
 
randyg said:
Thanks Chris, very nice.

Next time you get "tune up" from Scott, ask him to check your P.E.P. On video it may be the reason you missed that last shot.

Merry Christmas.....SPF=randyg

Randy,

Will do. Happy Holidays to you and Scott too!

Chris
 
TATE said:
I had some time to kill tonight. I'm back in stroke, so I decided to try to video a 15 ball break and run in rotation.

This is much harder than a 9 ball break and run because there are so many clusters and blocked balls. I put in about 30 minutes, mostly not even getting a shot at the one ball.

I finally got a runnable rack and a couple of rolls, and came up with this video. Turn your sound on to hear the commentary and enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfQxw8lYrVQ

Chris

LOL!!! Great stuff. The last line.. "The agony of defeat." It makes success even better. It's why we play the game.

Fred
 
whitewolf said:
Good shooting Tate.

I don't know if you want some constructive criticism, especially from a lowly player like myself, but you were raising up on most every shot, in particular the 14 ball.

You're not the first one that's said that.

The shot I felt like I jumped up on was the 12 in the corner. The shape on that kind of shot is touchy. My new tip grabs a little more than my old one and like Bruin said, I put a little too much draw on the ball and immediately realized it and jumped up. It came within a 1/2" of the side pocket. Once that happened, I should have taken my time on the 14 and recomposed myself but I shot it anyway and missed.

But then again, this is why I like the tight pockets. On 99% of all tables that 14 ball shot drops and you wouldn't even realize it was off. I see players on TV missing shots like that all the time and they still fall. When I play on a table with 4 1/2" pockets they seem like buckets to me.

Chris
 
Last edited:
Mighty fine shooting there, Chris. I best practice hard before your next trip to NYC.

For me, the main reason I can't run a rack of rotation is that, even against the ghost, somewhere along the line, I just can't resist the temptation to PLAY SAFE!
 
Tate I like the shot selection of all your videos

Needless to say I did not expect the 14 ball result

Keep Stroking
 
Back
Top