My New J. Flowers Case

NewStroke

Screamin Monkey
Silver Member
Hello all, here is a pic of my new John Barton case. It's hard to get a good picture because the case is black on black but I think we got a decent on here.

It's a totally plain case with my name engraved on the case cap (this is the style I like). The quality of the materials and workmanship is better than I imagined.

John was great working with me as well as patient. I am super happy with this case.

Attachments

• IMAG0160.jpg
    IMAG0160.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 1,230

dirtypool40

I love this freakin' game
Silver Member
Nice.

Understated.

I like it!!!

What's that on the lid? Looks Greek... a little Molon Labe?

woody_968

BRING BACK 14.1
Silver Member
I like it! I tend to lean towards the more simple designs too, Ive only seen a few with a lot of tooling that I really like.

Congrats.

Woody

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
question

what happend to the word "tribute" jus a question i read a post by mr.barton and the word tribute is slowly dissapearing? i thought that wat the point in building tribute cases was to honer the original maker. just a question? looks like a nice barton case though!

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
what happend to the word "tribute" jus a question i read a post by mr.barton and the word tribute is slowly dissapearing? i thought that wat the point in building tribute cases was to honer the original maker. just a question? looks like a nice barton case though!

Just stoking that fire, aren't ya Nasty? lol

Roadie

Banned

The honor comes in the name of the line, sort of like Martin Luther King Boulevard for example, for one thing. But having just spent time with this subject I can assure you that it seems the farthest thing from Mr. Barton's mind is allowing the world tribute to disappear.

Please read this section of his website for more clarification and added fuel for the fire you are stoking,

http://www.jbcases.com/jflowers.html

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
im not stoaking anything!

The honor comes in the name of the line, sort of like Martin Luther King Boulevard for example, for one thing. But having just spent time with this subject I can assure you that it seems the farthest thing from Mr. Barton's mind is allowing the world tribute to disappear.

Please read this section of his website for more clarification and added fuel for the fire you are stoking,

http://www.jbcases.com/jflowers.html

i asked a question? becouse they used to say tribute! now they dont say tribute! and the threads about them are getting rarer and rarer with the word tribute! that is what i am stating! i asked a question becouse it entered my mind! oh by the way count how many times the word tribute is in the link you posted! must just get lost in the translation! thats all im asking, what happened to the word?

Last edited:

Roadie

Banned
i asked a question? becouse they used to say tribute! now they dont say tribute! and the threads about them are getting rarer and rarer with the word tribute! that is what i am stating! i asked a question becouse it entered my mind! oh by the way count how many times the word tribute is in the link you posted! must just get lost in the translation! thats all im asking, what happened to the word?

The word is there on the product page. It is the very first thing that the visitor reads. The word tribute doesn't need to appear a certain number of times. It is quite clear that Mr. Barton is paying tribute to Mr. Flowers and his contribution to case making. What could be any clearer? Not only does he write many paragraphs on the subject, he quotes Mr. Tate from the Palmer collector website, gives links, addresses Mr. Justis' concerns and links to a collection of original Flowers case pictures. How much more obvious does it need to be for you?

It is not incumbent upon the consumer to use the proper title for the products that they own.

The person who started this thread didn't have to mention the brand at all if he so chose to. He could have simply said here is my new case. It is human nature to shorten brand names from their originals. The moniker "Chevy" was used in popular speech long before Chevrolet adopted it as an official trademark.

Again though the tribute in this comes from the naming of the brand. Mr. Barton doesn't even need to use the word tribute anywhere if he chooses not to. The mere fact that the case is so named and the designs so chosen signifies the tribute to Mr. Flowers.

And sir, of course you are stoking the fire. Viktor Frankl, the eminent existentialist psychologist, states that between stimulus and response lies choice. In this situation you were stimulated by the fact that the person bragging about their new acquisition omitted a word you thought should be there. I believe I am correct in saying that you are fully aware of the issues which you and Mr. Justis have had with Mr. Barton concerning this topic. So you deliberately chose to post a question that has really nothing to do with the customer's joy and happiness over his new case, but instead just reignites the debate over the name. In between your hackles being raised and your response was your choice to either let it be, start a new thread on the topic, or muddle with this person's thread where they were just expressing joy at their new purchase.

Would you also be offended if someone chose to point out the similarities between Mr. Justis' work and Mr. Flowers' work each time a person posted a thread bragging about their new Justis case? Or how about each time someone raved about their Action Report DVD and praised you for being pioneers in capturing high class pool then someone else would pipe up and put a damper on their enthusiasm by pointing out that AccuStats are the true pioneers in the business of recording high level pool?

In other words sir don't be a downer and let this gentleman enjoy his new case without any additional drama.

beav99_4life

BPT Champion
Silver Member
The word is there on the product page. It is the very first thing that the visitor reads. The word tribute doesn't need to appear a certain number of times. It is quite clear that Mr. Barton is paying tribute to Mr. Flowers and his contribution to case making. What could be any clearer? Not only does he write many paragraphs on the subject, he quotes Mr. Tate from the Palmer collector website, gives links, addresses Mr. Justis' concerns and links to a collection of original Flowers case pictures. How much more obvious does it need to be for you?

It is not incumbent upon the consumer to use the proper title for the products that they own.

The person who started this thread didn't have to mention the brand at all if he so chose to. He could have simply said here is my new case. It is human nature to shorten brand names from their originals. The moniker "Chevy" was used in popular speech long before Chevrolet adopted it as an official trademark.

Again though the tribute in this comes from the naming of the brand. Mr. Barton doesn't even need to use the word tribute anywhere if he chooses not to. The mere fact that the case is so named and the designs so chosen signifies the tribute to Mr. Flowers.

And sir, of course you are stoking the fire. Viktor Frankl, the eminent existentialist psychologist, states that between stimulus and response lies choice. In this situation you were stimulated by the fact that the person bragging about their new acquisition omitted a word you thought should be there. I believe I am correct in saying that you are fully aware of the issues which you and Mr. Justis have had with Mr. Barton concerning this topic. So you deliberately chose to post a question that has really nothing to do with the customer's joy and happiness over his new case, but instead just reignites the debate over the name. In between your hackles being raised and your response was your choice to either let it be, start a new thread on the topic, or muddle with this person's thread where they were just expressing joy at their new purchase.

Would you also be offended if someone chose to point out the similarities between Mr. Justis' work and Mr. Flowers' work each time a person posted a thread bragging about their new Justis case? Or how about each time someone raved about their Action Report DVD and praised you for being pioneers in capturing high class pool then someone else would pipe up and put a damper on their enthusiasm by pointing out that AccuStats are the true pioneers in the business of recording high level pool?

In other words sir don't be a downer and let this gentleman enjoy his new case without any additional drama.

Need a hug?

bignasty

"I already did it"
Silver Member
dont you oh wait......

hey roadie show me where i dissed the integrity the craftsman ship or the quality of your i mean mr. bartons case! i asked a question! mr. barton sent me a spirited email about us having a problem, and i said the same thing to him! but im sure you know what the email said! i am just 1 man, and the word tribute wasnt in this thread if the customer that bought mr. bartons j. flowers tribute case would of said"my new j. flowers tribute case" i wouldnt of asked the question! hell ask beav99 he is 1 of my best friends and he evan says check out my barton. i say you mean your tribute case! by the way great looking case for the dough! i have never found the need and dont like arguing on the forums. abd like i told mr. barton i hope you have a great day roadie! as for the gentelman who started this thread, i hope you like your case it looks good!

Roadie

Banned
hey roadie show me where i dissed the integrity the craftsman ship or the quality of your i mean mr. bartons case! i asked a question! mr. barton sent me a spirited email about us having a problem, and i said the same thing to him! but im sure you know what the email said! i am just 1 man, and the word tribute wasnt in this thread if the customer that bought mr. bartons j. flowers tribute case would of said"my new j. flowers tribute case" i wouldnt of asked the question! hell ask beav99 he is 1 of my best friends and he evan says check out my barton. i say you mean your tribute case! by the way great looking case for the dough! i have never found the need and dont like arguing on the forums. abd like i told mr. barton i hope you have a great day roadie! as for the gentelman who started this thread, i hope you like your case it looks good!

I did not say that you said anything about the craftsmanship of the product.

You brought up a topic that did not need to be brought up in a person's thread who is just happy with their new case.

If you did not have an ulterior motive then it can just be chalked up to bad manners.

Fair enough.

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
I opened the thread thinking I was going to see a Flowers case that was new to someone.

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
I did not say that you said anything about the craftsmanship of the product.

You brought up a topic that did not need to be brought up in a person's thread who is just happy with their new case.

If you did not have an ulterior motive then it can just be chalked up to bad manners.

Fair enough.

Roadie=John Barton=Own Shill=Both Ulterior motives/bad manners.:grin-square:

Roadie

Banned

Jack Justis, theft of Jay Flowers' designs while Mr. Flowers was in business as you did is very bad manners indeed.

Do you deny sir that you stole Mr. Flowers' basic design and many elements that created the look and feel of his cases?

As you yourself stated you got into this business because you were told by Mr. Flowers that it would be 8 weeks to receive one of his cases. So instead you chose to make your own version by borrowing liberally from Jay's designs. Is this about how it went? Is it fair to say that Justis cases are built on Jay Flowers' designs?

If you have proof that I am John Barton Mr. Justis then please post it. Otherwise Sir it appears as if you are once again making false accusations that you cannot back up.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Hello all, here is a pic of my new John Barton case. It's hard to get a good picture because the case is black on black but I think we got a decent on here.

It's a totally plain case with my name engraved on the case cap (this is the style I like). The quality of the materials and workmanship is better than I imagined.

John was great working with me as well as patient. I am super happy with this case.

Dan,

Thanks for the order, it was a pleasure to do the case. It was difficult for us to get a good picture of as well but I will post some of ours later.

Also thanks for your patience as well.

Best,

John and Karen

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

Jack,

You have been warned in private email what the consequences of your actions would be if you continued to provoke me.

You made your choice.