My New J. Flowers Case

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
Yeah, you can say whatever you want about the pocket. What held the pocket on the case after you pulled out the thread? You might try and pass this "loose line" off to someone that has no clue but the photo tells a different story.

All John posted was his interior is better than anyone else's which everyone on planet earth has heard 10 times. He used a pic of my interior as a poor example and that is why I did the same showing the pockets and crooked rivet line on his case. I have had enough of his bashing over the years and every time he breaks his promises and starts with the BS, I intend to stand up and fire back. I despise how he twist things around like saying he is not posting for a while and immediately starts using the alias Roadie to shill his own products. I guess he thinks no one will figure this out but his style of posting cannot be disguised under a fake name. I wish Howerton should ban us both so I would not have to come on here to read his crap.:wink:

Boy it seems you like to call everyone Liars....

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
I almost missed this one.

Show me some evidence why you can't figure this out on your own and I will forgive you. I hope your not loosing it. You look to be about my age (70) and I had no problem whatsoever.

One old man calling another old man a liar could get ugly. :eek:

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Boy it seems you like to call everyone Liars....

You can't read dude.

I have never called anyone a liar in my entire life.

I just have enough left up top to see when something is not up to snuff. Just like when you nicked you cue and blamed my case.....LOL. I can see you just want to stir it up a little and thats OK.

ftgokie

D player extraordinaire
Silver Member
You can't read dude.

I have never called anyone a liar in my entire life.

I just have enough left up top to see when something is not up to snuff. Just like when you nicked you cue and blamed my case.....LOL. I can see you just want to stir it up a little and thats OK.

And thats where your wrong, cause the nick did happen in your case, like i said before when it fell on your def ears..it wasnt on my cue before I put it in...and was when i pulled it out about 45min later:wink: But its no big deal..

blah blah

Shoebat
Ima let you finish, but...

NewStroke-

You truly have a lovely case- congratulations on a good purchase. I think going for the plain, simple lines the way that you did really brings out the smooth beauty of the case. It's pretty enough on its own to not be "plain" at all. And you know that your cues will be well- protected.

For my own part, I had a very very small issue with my case that I mentioned to John about two weeks after receipt. He seems to know everyone- he immediately contacted a casemaker in my area who then contacted me, met with me, did the necessary small fixes beautifully, and then returned the case to me. At no charge or hassle at all. There were no accusations, arguments, difficulties, shipping costs- nothing.

So not only do you have a beautiful case, I am confident that you also have a new friend in your corner with John.

Take the stage back with that pretty pretty case of yours.

: )

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
I hope the stitching quality of your new case is better than the Strong Bear case John sold to someone here on AZ. If I recall this case sold for over $800.
View attachment 114561

View attachment 114563

Well Jack,

That case now lives with a person who is very familiar with your work and they have said that it's one of the best they have ever owned.

But if you want to go down this road it's fine with me.

I also never claimed that our cases are better than yours in any aspect OTHER THAN cue protection.

Do you not agree, case maker to case maker that PROTECTION should be the most important aspect of making cases?

As for the stitching quality or any other cosmetic aspect of our cases my team has been learning for the past two years compared to your 20 years of experience and my customers have a 100% satisfaction guarantee that I will repair or replace ANYTHING that they are unhappy with.

Well like I said we can go down the road of comparing the finer points of each of our cases and let the public decide which one provides better value for the money.

Later when I have time I will go through the pictures and point out a few things. I suggest you do the same.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Yeah, you can say whatever you want about the pocket. What held the pocket on the case after you pulled out the thread? You might try and pass this "loose line" off to someone that has no clue but the photo tells a different story.

All John posted was his interior is better than anyone else's which everyone on planet earth has heard 10 times. He used a pic of my interior as a poor example and that is why I did the same showing the pockets and crooked rivet line on his case. I have had enough of his bashing over the years and every time he breaks his promises and starts with the BS, I intend to stand up and fire back. I despise how he twist things around like saying he is not posting for a while and immediately starts using the alias Roadie to shill his own products. I guess he thinks no one will figure this out but his style of posting cannot be disguised under a fake name. I wish Howerton should ban us both so I would not have to come on here to read his crap.:wink:

The photo I used of your interior was posted by Doug a week ago when he was selling one of your cases. I have plenty more. A month ago someone put a $3600 Justis my hand and you should be very happy that I didn't take any pictures of it. Aside from the fact that the interior was practically falling out of it you should be highly ashamed of some of the other flaws on the exterior.

I despise the fact that you touted your cases as made in the USA when you are using cheap imported interiors.

I despise the fact that you have little regard for the protection of your customer's cues.

I despise the fact that you lie in your marketing and say that your cases are the "Choice of Champions" when you are giving them away.

I despise the fact that you call me a design thief while you are on the payroll of the Long Chan case factory who has stolen every case design ever made.

I also despise the fact that you hold out your hand in friendship and then turn around and bad mouth me to people. (yes, it's a small world in pool Jack).

So, you can feel however you want to but you can't change the FACT that my cases offer better protection.

You are all about the looks and I am all about the protection. But later on we'll get into the looks and service as well and everyone will get to see that you aren't so far ahead of us in that department as well.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member

So now you are going to call the guy who actually had the case in his hands a liar?

Based on MY picture? It was the end of the line that wasn't cut off.

The guy that now owns the case is extremely picky about his stuff and he would not hesitate for a second to tell me if there is anything wrong with the case.

So I guess you want to call everyone a liar?

You're really funny Jack. A guy tells you that his cue was damaged when in your case and you call him a liar and tell him that there is no way a cue can be damaged when in your case.

But two years ago you posted that cue CAN BE damaged in your cases if people don't insert them properly as outlined in the note you send with each case. So which is it? Can a cue get damaged in your case or not?

To remind you this is what you said;

"It has recently come to my attention that some of you may not be aware of our recommendation on how to place your cues and shafts in our cases.
Each case comes with a care sheet that explains this but I though it might be a good idea to review this on this forum since many of my valued customers are AZ members. The following is verbatim from our care sheet.

TO PREVENT PIN AND COLLAR DAMAGE, PLACE THE RUBBER BUMPER PORTION OF YOUR CUE AND THE TIP SECTION OF THE SHAFT DOWN TOWARD THE BOTTOM OF THE CASE.

If the pin and collar are installed down and the case is accidentally dropped, it could result in a bent pin or chipped collar from the force. I think this is a carry over from owners of cases with tapered tubes where you didn't have the choice but to install pin down. "

You said that in this thread that you started: http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=41629

To everyone, you can throw your JB Tube case, drop it, take it dirt bike riding, whatever you want and your cue stands little to no chance of being damaged in the way that Jack says a cue can be damaged in his case.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Let me help you out here Jack.

This is the picture you FORGOT to show.

5.jpg

This was taken AFTER I removed the LOOSE thread. Pay attention to the picture BELOW it on the same page.

If anyone wants to see the rest of the pictures they are here:

http://www.jbcases.com/strongbear.html

Last edited:
Hello all, here is a pic of my new John Barton case. It's hard to get a good picture because the case is black on black but I think we got a decent on here.

It's a totally plain case with my name engraved on the case cap (this is the style I like). The quality of the materials and workmanship is better than I imagined.

John was great working with me as well as patient. I am super happy with this case.

Very nice! Elegant, clean, and understated style. Congrats!

bnall

<---Proud Dad
Silver Member
Sounds like we need to have a custom cue case build off!! :grin:

The photo I used of your interior was posted by Doug a week ago when he was selling one of your cases. I have plenty more. A month ago someone put a $3600 Justis my hand and you should be very happy that I didn't take any pictures of it. Aside from the fact that the interior was practically falling out of it you should be highly ashamed of some of the other flaws on the exterior.

I despise the fact that you touted your cases as made in the USA when you are using cheap imported interiors.

I despise the fact that you have little regard for the protection of your customer's cues.

I despise the fact that you lie in your marketing and say that your cases are the "Choice of Champions" when you are giving them away.

I despise the fact that you call me a design thief while you are on the payroll of the Long Chan case factory who has stolen every case design ever made.

I also despise the fact that you hold out your hand in friendship and then turn around and bad mouth me to people. (yes, it's a small world in pool Jack).

So, you can feel however you want to but you can't change the FACT that my cases offer better protection.

You are all about the looks and I am all about the protection. But later on we'll get into the looks and service as well and everyone will get to see that you aren't so far ahead of us in that department as well.

ykndoit

UnRegistered Abuser
Silver Member
I am down. Where do I sign up?

I say each of you build ME a SIMPLE case. Brown, leather, of your choice, 2 pockets, 1 short, 1 long, w/ a jump pocket 3x5/3x6. Send them to me. My brother and I will use both for 1-2 months and put them through a rigorous test of taking them to pool league, out for pool and gambling, out for drinks,pool, and gambling and out for drinks,pool, women, and gambling!!! And depending on when I get the cases, maybe even take them to a state tournament which would give them the ultimate test! 5 days of total abuse! 4500-7000 people at our state tournaments banging into, spilling drinks on, and constant use of your cases being opened and closed for 5 days straight.

At the end of the 1-2 months, we put out a detailed report of craftsmanship, functionality, protectionality, durability, and overal look of the case.

Lemme know what ya think John and Jack! Pm me for my address!

fsarfino

&#9812; &#9813; &#9814; &#9815; &#9816; &#9817;
Just a thought since this post is so far off topic now. Why not start a new thread . :grin:

Oh by the way nice case I like the simple design

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
Jack,
That case was mine and those were not stitches... I remember that was a loose line and all I had to do was to pull it out.

Let me help you out here Jack.

This was taken AFTER I removed the LOOSE thread.

OK, both of you cannot be telling the truth.....so which one of you is lying??? Oh yeah, both of you pulled it out together at the same time. Who cares, its still the worse stitching on a $800 case I have ever seen.

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
JF2009-114F.jpg

This case from JB Cases is $325. Including hand carved name in the font of choice. Choice of 3 styles of interior, UltraPad - super cushy - OrganicRebound - allows cues to spring up - or SecureTube - padded tubes. Choice of handle and strap position - free.

From Jack Justis it's $610. Hand carved names not offered - stamped or lasered only. Handle and strap on right only, no other choice offered. One style of interior offered, which is the exact same as the lowest priced import tube cases on the market use.

Even with adding on $75 for shipping from us that's a substantial savings. Add in the fact that you have superior protection from day one, no one is going to tell you the "proper" way to load your cue or it may get get damaged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

03202009_21.JPG

03202009_23.JPG

This case from JB Cases is $400 - Including the intricate hand carved name in the font of choice. Choice of 3 styles of interior, UltraPad - super cushy - OrganicRebound - allows cues to spring up - or SecureTube - padded tubes. Choice of handle and strap position - free.

From Jack Justis it's $866. Intricate hand carved names not offered - stamped or lasered only. Handle and strap on right only, no other choice offered. One style of interior offered, which is the exact same as the lowest priced import tube cases on the market use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

03202009_04.JPG

03202009_06.JPG

P3200181.JPG

This case from JB Cases is $450 - Including the hand carved name in the font of choice on front and back. Choice of 3 styles of interior, UltraPad - super cushy - OrganicRebound - allows cues to spring up - or SecureTube - padded tubes. Choice of handle and strap position - free.

From Jack Justis it's $895. BUT ONLY AS A 3x6 Hand carved names not offered - stamped or lasered only. Handle and strap on right only, no other choice offered. One style of interior offered, which is the exact same as the lowest priced import tube cases on the market use. In fact Jack refuses to make this case if this is what you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Want more? Do you own price comparsions. Email me at jb@jbideas.com and I will send you a spreadsheet that compares and calculates our cases against any of Jack Justis' cases. Just plug in all the features you want and the spreadsheet will tell you how much you need send to Jack if you want one of his.

Now of course you can't put a price on prestige and if owning a "Justis" is the feel good thing then a J.Flowers Tribute case by JB Cases won't change that. I know I can find plenty to do with a couple hundred to a couple thousand saved that makes me feel good.

Want a case made out of suede? Give Jack $150 extra and he will do it. Our upcharge? $0.

Want to inspect the workmanship of our cases? Go here and you can find all of then in detail - www.jbcases.com I think that you will find that our workmanship is as good as Justis on most cases and damn close on the others. Interior excluded because on that aspect we are better than Justis ALL THE TIME.

Last edited:

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
OK, both of you cannot be telling the truth.....so which one of you is lying??? Oh yeah, both of you pulled it out together at the same time. Who cares, its still the worse stitching on a $800 case I have ever seen.

I am. I moved the thread to take the picture. In any event the FACT is that 4 people have owned this case so far and NONE of them have said a word about the stitching on the pocket being loose. In fact EACH ONE of them had high praise for the case.

So you are still wrong.

We did this case two years ago Jack. Maybe the stitch line wasn't up to your standards but shall we start going through your old cases (or even your new ones) to find errors?

The point is that the customers were happy with the case and IF they weren't then they all know I will take the case back and fix it or build a new one.

But let's get this back on topic here Jack, for $3600 which is what your customer claims he paid for his Ron Ross tooled Justis don't you think that the interior and exterior should fit together?

Let's see that picture again just to remind everyone what you are shipping them for all that money.

What do you pay for these interiors Jack? J&J wholesales the cases that they are used in for $19.50. Are they even charging you $10 for this interior?

IMG_0667.jpg

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
I am. I moved the thread to take the picture. In any event the FACT is that 4 people have owned this case so far and NONE of them have said a word about the stitching on the pocket being loose. In fact EACH ONE of them had high praise for the case.

Your funny.......moved the thread to take pic....LOL

The fact alone that the case has been sold 4 times should tell you something. High praise is always used when your trying to sell something.

But let's get this back on topic here Jack, for $3600 which is what your customer claims he paid for his Ron Ross tooled Justis don't you think that the interior and exterior should fit together?

The first thing to wear out in any case is the interior. We purposely do not glue in our interiors with an extremely tight fit. The complete interior can easily be replaced in 5 minutes even by the customer. How long would it take to replace your interor and is is a job that the customer could do or would it have to be returned to China?

Jack Justis

CASEMAKER
Silver Member
JF2009-114F.jpg

This case from JB Cases is $400. Including hand carved name in the font of choice. Choice of 3 styles of interior, UltraPad - super cushy - OrganicRebound - allows cues to spring up - or SecureTube - padded tubes. Choice of handle and strap position - free.

From Jack Justis it's $584. Hand carved names not offered - stamped or lasered only. Handle and strap on right only, no other choice offered. One style of interior offered, which is the exact same as the lowest priced import tube cases on the market use.

Even with adding on $75 for shipping from us that's a substantial savings. Add in the fact that you have superior protection from day one, no one is going to tell you the "proper" way to load your cue or it may get get damaged.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

03202009_21.JPG

03202009_23.JPG

This case from JB Cases is $475 - Including the intricate hand carved name in the font of choice. Choice of 3 styles of interior, UltraPad - super cushy - OrganicRebound - allows cues to spring up - or SecureTube - padded tubes. Choice of handle and strap position - free.

From Jack Justis it's $702. Intricate hand carved names not offered - stamped or lasered only. Handle and strap on right only, no other choice offered. One style of interior offered, which is the exact same as the lowest priced import tube cases on the market use.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

03202009_04.JPG

03202009_06.JPG

P3200181.JPG

This case from JB Cases is $525 - Including the hand carved name in the font of choice on front and back. Choice of 3 styles of interior, UltraPad - super cushy - OrganicRebound - allows cues to spring up - or SecureTube - padded tubes. Choice of handle and strap position - free.

From Jack Justis it's $763. BUT ONLY AS A 3x6 Hand carved names not offered - stamped or lasered only. Handle and strap on right only, no other choice offered. One style of interior offered, which is the exact same as the lowest priced import tube cases on the market use. In fact Jack refuses to make this case if this is what you want.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I corrected the pricing on my cases in your above post. Sure they are a little higher because we use nothing but grade A leather, solid brass or nickle hardware and I personally build and inspect each case one at a time. Oh, and don't forget they hold their value even after years of hard service.