My New Wheat Cue...

thekid77

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wishing the utmost respect to ALL on this forum, I'd like to share my experience with Mr. Wheat and his craftsmanship...

I ordered a cue from Mr. Wheat back in April of this year, and just received the cue about a week ago. The cue took longer to finish than initially projected, however, Mr. Wheat went out of his way to rectify any hiccups in the transaction..

With that being said, I'd just like to share with anyone who may be unfamiliar with Mr. Wheat's talent as a cue maker that his work is top-notch. He builds the cue for the player, and maintains a high level of quality in a very affordable package...

From top to bottom, this cue was completely custom-made by Mr. Wheat, and I can say with confidence that this is one of the finest hitting cues that I have ever shot with. He gave us a call after we received the cue to make sure we were 100% happy with it, and he stands behind his work. Here are a few photos...thanks Eddie!!! :)

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0091.jpg

IMG_0092.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg
 

gatorcc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks really nice. I will keep him in mind when I am ready to start looking at a custom cue.
 

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
thekid77 said:
Wishing the utmost respect to ALL on this forum, I'd like to share my experience with Mr. Wheat and his craftsmanship...

I ordered a cue from Mr. Wheat back in April of this year, and just received the cue about a week ago. The cue took longer to finish than initially projected, however, Mr. Wheat went out of his way to rectify any hiccups in the transaction..

With that being said, I'd just like to share with anyone who may be unfamiliar with Mr. Wheat's talent as a cue maker that his work is top-notch. He builds the cue for the player, and maintains a high level of quality in a very affordable package...

From top to bottom, this cue was completely custom-made by Mr. Wheat, and I can say with confidence that this is one of the finest hitting cues that I have ever shot with. He gave us a call after we received the cue to make sure we were 100% happy with it, and he stands behind his work. Here are a few photos...thanks Eddie!!! :)
I'm glad to hear that he was able to correct the problems that he created in your transaction, and I am genuinely glad that you are enjoying your cue.

Unfortunately there are many other people that feel he is incompetent as a cuemaker, as well as dishonest in his business practices. Many wouldn't own one of his cues if you paid them.

It is always a good idea for a prospective buyer to be informed and educated before a purchase, so I highly suggest that those that may consider a cue from Mr Wheat do a thorough seach on these forums on his business practices to get both sides of the picture. That way they can best decide if he is the cuemaker for them after all.
 

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
thekid77 said:
Wishing the utmost respect to ALL on this forum, I'd like to share my experience with Mr. Wheat and his craftsmanship...

I ordered a cue from Mr. Wheat back in April of this year, and just received the cue about a week ago. The cue took longer to finish than initially projected, however, Mr. Wheat went out of his way to rectify any hiccups in the transaction..

With that being said, I'd just like to share with anyone who may be unfamiliar with Mr. Wheat's talent as a cue maker that his work is top-notch. He builds the cue for the player, and maintains a high level of quality in a very affordable package...

From top to bottom, this cue was completely custom-made by Mr. Wheat, and I can say with confidence that this is one of the finest hitting cues that I have ever shot with. He gave us a call after we received the cue to make sure we were 100% happy with it, and he stands behind his work. Here are a few photos...thanks Eddie!!! :)

View attachment 76773

View attachment 76774

View attachment 76775

View attachment 76776

View attachment 76777
I hate to burst your bubble, but that cue "from top to bottom" is a spliced blank he bought from someone that prefabricated it for him. The way to tell someone spliced their own hustler butts is to look for long points. All Eddie has done here is make a somewhat fancy sneaky pete.

A cue like that should take no more than 6-8 weeks, depending on the blank maker's stock, and how seasoned your shaft wood is.
 

WalkerInTN

Mr. Entertainment
Silver Member
Too bad Ed just got himself Banned. :grin-square::grin-square::grin-square::grin-square: :happydance: :dance:

Thank you Mr Wilson. :woot:
 
Last edited:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
The cue does look good, I like simple cues like that. but as previously stated, it appearstyo be a blank that was premade by another. Also if you need to talk to him, you'll need to call, as he was just banned due to a brainfart on his part;)
Dave
 

fiftyfifty

FiftyFifty
Silver Member
Cue does look good I am currently playin with a 60 " wheat cue while I await my Kieth Josey the wheat does play good although some slight warpage in the butt. I dont think there is nothing wrong with buying blanks as long as the work after is good it is prob safe to say some of the top cue makers may have used blanks at some point and time I am almost sure balabushka did i think i would have a hard time ordering from eddie though is rep is not to good.
 

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
All Eddie has done here is make a somewhat fancy sneaky pete.

A cue like that should take no more than 6-8 weeks, depending on the blank maker's stock, and how seasoned your shaft wood is.

More like 6 to 8 days :grin:

However ... almost all cue makers make or have made cues using house cues and other pre-spliced butts as they require time and equipment that most cue makers dont have.
I would not consider that to be undesirable.
It takes the same amount of work and skill to make a cue from a house cue butt as it does a piece of square wood.
The same processes are required.
 
Last edited:

Billiard Architect

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Willee I am still waiting on that cue from you. What has it been 6 or 7 years???

Don't remember do you? I was SSCS in a previous life and I was the one that asked for the saturn ring cue when you were making free ones, when you started out, as long as we bought the wood.

And I have been waiting by my mailbox ever since. :)

JV
 

WilleeCue

The Barefoot Cuemaker
Silver Member
Johnny "V" said:
Willee I am still waiting on that cue from you. What has it been 6 or 7 years???

Don't remember do you? I was SSCS in a previous life and I was the one that asked for the saturn ring cue when you were making free ones, when you started out, as long as we bought the wood.

And I have been waiting by my mailbox ever since. :)

JV

Yeah ... I started out making free cues ... that is the way I remember it too.
But I am so sorry I have let you down.

I did make a blank using the saturn ring but was never really happy with the result. I thought it to be weak and possably needed to be cored for strength.
Other projects moved ahead of that and it was never perused any further.

If you are still interested in a WilleeCue they start at around $300 which is about as free as I can make them. But ... no saturn rings.
Keep in mind I make a very limited number of cues each year and dont often accept custom orders.
I can send you photos of the cues I have for sale now if you like.

However, I do send out a cue every so often just to promote a new concept or design.
If you would please PM me your address I will put you down for the next one.
 

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe its just me or the pic, but on the butt, it looks like someone went over it with a sharpee. It looks black??

Also looks like there is a chip in the butt??

Is this a new cue or an older EW cue??

Thanks,

Russ.....

edit: reread post and it says the cue is a week old? Looks older to me....
 

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
WilleeCue said:
More like 6 to 8 days :grin:

However ... almost all cue makers make or have made cues using house cues and other pre-spliced butts as they require time and equipment that most cue makers dont have.
I would not consider that to be undesirable.
It takes the same amount of work and skill to make a cue from a house cue butt as it does a piece of square wood.
The same processes are required.
Bullsh!t. When you get a premade blank, it's already tapered to near final size. You can turn them down a little faster, as they are already round, and only need to have about .6" taken off the blank to be a finished cue. My cue stock comes in square and round. The round stuff is 1.5" diameter, with no taper. That means I have to taper the wood first, which means more passes. That necessarily adds time to production.

Willee, if you're going to quote me, use the whole statement. The guy who got the cue said it was custom made by Eddie from top to bottom. The cue is a blank made by someone else, not Eddie Wheat. That hardly makes it custom "top to bottom". It's a conversion cue.
 
Last edited:

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Like he said.

Although I am no fan of Ed Wheat, and I AM glad this trainwreck is over, I think this was just someone showing off a cue that they happen to like, regardless of the maker. Let's give all of this a well deserved rest, and let the kid enjoy his/her cue.:grin-square:
Regards.
 

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
thekid77 said:
Wishing the utmost respect to ALL on this forum, I'd like to share my experience with Mr. Wheat and his craftsmanship...

I ordered a cue from Mr. Wheat back in April of this year, and just received the cue about a week ago. The cue took longer to finish than initially projected, however, Mr. Wheat went out of his way to rectify any hiccups in the transaction..

With that being said, I'd just like to share with anyone who may be unfamiliar with Mr. Wheat's talent as a cue maker that his work is top-notch. He builds the cue for the player, and maintains a high level of quality in a very affordable package...

From top to bottom, this cue was completely custom-made by Mr. Wheat, and I can say with confidence that this is one of the finest hitting cues that I have ever shot with. He gave us a call after we received the cue to make sure we were 100% happy with it, and he stands behind his work. Here are a few photos...thanks Eddie!!! :)

View attachment 76773

View attachment 76774

View attachment 76775

View attachment 76776

View attachment 76777

You know you will get hate mail for this don't you? Some guy username JimS gave me some for trying to buy the Charlie Edwards cue, not that I give a damn.
 

8-Baller

aka Darth Draw
Silver Member
The timing and wording of this thread is giving me bad vibes.... but let's give the benefit of doubt....

I'm glad your transaction worked out for you!


Donald
 

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
I missed...

the meltdown of the decade that went into the wee hours of this morning! Epic. I mean f'g EPIC meltdown. Can you say:

"delusional"

It was great reading this fine Smorgy Morning! I was thinking "Man, this just can't get any better" (in a train wreck kinda way), but it did!

Hey, a quick question - how does someone apply red to ed to complete the task? I went through a bunch of his posts from many different threads and none allow a rep.

Kudos to the many that brought out the rest of the worst that is Eddie Wheat. I, as with many others, don't wish him harm. Just that he can not harm others in the AZ community, and as far as the word from this community can stretch. I learned a bit through this debacle. A bit about how not to do business in this environment, about cue making, about character, and a lot about a lot of people that frequent this fine establishment.

Cheers to a great day people! :grin:

Best,

Matt
 
Top