My New Wheat Cue...

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:
Guys, for all of you screaming EW......this poster is in Sacramento Ca.

Not remotely close to Florida....figure it out.

My guess is that the kid is a freind of EW and was asked to post up some form of support.

I will put up hard cold $$$ that the cue he posted pics of is not a WEEK old and is probably not an EW cue at all.

I posted up my suspicions is post #14 and stand by them.

Russ.....

o2bacs

oh to be ACS
Silver Member
Brian said:
I am not interested.Many of your posts I find to be childish.This matter is concluded. wheat is banned. Why prolong this discussion? Let it go,the show is over.I am sure you will be able to find another band wagon to jump on soon enough.

Brian

Seriously out of your 140 posts or so, 70 of them were in regards to Ed Wheat. You even started a thread called Odds of Charlie getting partial refund. Now everyone's crazy for not getting over it fast enough for you? "you will be able to find another band wagon to jump on soon enough"? Seriously you must have been kidding with that right? HALF bud HALF your posts are about Ed Wheat. You are definitely not one who has room to talk about getting over the EW issue

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Mr. Wilson said:
Guys, for all of you screaming EW......this poster is in Sacramento Ca.

Not remotely close to Florida....figure it out.
Yes, because IP masking or spoofing NEVER occurs in cyberspace.

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
Jazz said:
That's not funny .... I live in northern California :mad:

:grin-square:

Not to worry. He was trying to get closer to Joey but took a wrong turn at Albuquerque.

Dave

d_flash

Rack it up, I'll break it
Silver Member
Neil said:
The guy (EW) can't tell 6 points from 8, but he is smart enough to mask an IP address?

ever occur that both (points & masking) come under the deceit/dishonesty heading ? after all he has an FBI girlfriend ! :thumbup:

8-Baller

aka Darth Draw
Silver Member
Neil said:
The guy (EW) can't tell 6 points from 8, but he is smart enough to mask an IP address?

You honestly believe that EW can't tell 6 points from 8? My three year old daughter can tell 6 from 8. If you are really that gullible, then I understand why you are taking the position you are taking.

IP Masking is not difficult and is done all the time....especially those intending on setting up multiple aliases on the same forum.

I wonder how many aliases he has set up so far? I guess that explains how he was able to partially combat the RED FOR ED campaign. He must have at least 10.

Anyhow, all circumstantial evidence and likely not enough grounds for Mr. Wilson to ban this one.... but the circumstantial evidence is VERY STRONG and we will be watching.

8-Baller

aka Darth Draw
Silver Member
Think about it. A guy like EW....his aggressive and controversal business ethics....his deplorable treatment of other people.... you don't think he has it in him to try to put one over on Mr. Wilson and the rest of AZb by setting up multiple aliases in order to support his name? Because nobody else will.

Anyhow, that is my psycho-analytical take on it. Like I said....all highly circumstantial....but undeniable. Not enough to ban, but enough to raise suspicion.

If I were a betting man....I would have a lot of money on this guy being EW himself.

Poolplaya9

Tellin' it like it is...
Silver Member
Shawn Armstrong said:
Yes, because IP masking or spoofing NEVER occurs in cyberspace.
It very well could be IP masking. One of the things Mr Wheat liked to brag about was his proficiency of working with IP addresses (with someone's help of course). It would stand to reason that he could easily mask one, or have someone do it for him.

Another possibility is that he writes the posts and emails them to a friend to post. It could explain why all of the "copy and paste question marks" were in the original post.

Mr Wilson, take the time to read all the "tells" that are listed in this thread and then compare those to all of this guy's posts. It is almost too similar not to be him. I initially felt the same as you and even posted that I didn't think it was him until I actually took the time to look at it thoroughly. Like someone else said it probably doesn't deserve a ban because it is all circumstantial, but it is certainly enough to warrant keeping a close eye out.

8-Baller

aka Darth Draw
Silver Member
Poolplaya9 said:
It very well could be IP masking. One of the things Mr Wheat liked to brag about was his proficiency of working with IP addresses (with someone's help of course). It would stand to reason that he could easily mask one, or have someone do it for him..

That's an excellent point! In the tilt thread, he did mention that he's able to use IP address to trace the identity of a person....so he is definitely proficient in the ins-and-outs of the Internet framework.

Neil said:
This is exactly my point. I'm NOT saying it's not EW. I'm saying, it is NOT KNOWN that it is. So, until that is proven, why do so many feel they have the right to 'punish' this guy???

If people wouldn't be so quick to pile on, his post would be back on page 3 or 4 and forgotten by now. Then, any future posts by him would offer evidence as to whether it was him or not. Now, unless the guy is a bit of a masochist, he is done posting. If it is EW, you acomplished your goal. But, if it's not, you just ran away another member. Somehow, I don't think that is what Mike has in mind.

Neil, if you were a betting man, where would your money be?

Anyhow, I admit the possibility that this may not be EW. If that's the case, then that is unfortunate and I would be very sorry. But if it is EW, then this is really just another deceitful and devious act that he is more than capable of. I tried to give him the benefit of doubt, but the more he posted, the more I was convinced it was him.

Oh well...that's the last I'll say on this. If someone has something substantial to say about an Eddie Wheat cue, I'm all ears. But if it's about how it's a "Great hitting cue at an affordable price" or how Eddie Wheat is a master craftsman who goes above an beyond for a customer, then I will have to skip over to the next thread.

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
After comparing the things talked about there does seem to be a similarity but has anyone checked out his profile? Posts and threads started?
He signed on in Dec 07 and started some threads in the straight pool and carom billiards sections.
Although I must say something doesn't seem 100% accurate...I don't believe the bannie would have knowledge of either of these two games.

Just some outsider observations..........

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
BarenbruggeCues said:
After comparing the things talked about there does seem to be a similarity but has anyone checked out his profile? Posts and threads started?
He signed on in Dec 07 and started some threads in the straight pool and carom billiards sections.
Although I must say something doesn't seem 100% accurate...I don't believe the bannie would have knowledge of either of these two games.

Just some outsider observations..........

Thanks for that info. Thats why I asked where he played because the cue is on a Billiard table. Does anybody know if there are any Billiard tables in EW's hometown?

BarenbruggeCues

Unregistered User
Silver Member
Because I'm bored and had nothing to do for a short, for what it's worth, I also checked and the bannie has never posted in either of those forums for his short life term here @ AZ.............

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
BarenbruggeCues said:
Because I'm bored and had nothing to do for a short, for what it's worth, I also checked and the bannie has never posted in either of those forums for his short life term here @ AZ.............
What APA writer would use !!! ?