My Trip to ChrisinNC' Place

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just walked in the door....what's gonna happen?

I'll have to tell you later...
Screenshot_20210312-173045.jpg

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One set with the Man!
Walter aka Black-Balled took a detour on his way to Charlotte and dropped by to play some earlier tonight. We played for a few hours, on our tight pocket 10 footer. He’s a sharp shooter and he adjusted to the table with no problem. He destroyed me the first set, then I think he felt bad and eased up on me after that. Hopefully we’ll get a chance to do it again.

Last edited:

maha

from way back when
Silver Member
learning to read the numbers on pool balls is most important. learning to recognize numbers on a pool table isnt that important
so take it easy on the guy. as a 3 looks very similar to a 4. and a person playing on a phone on table 4 looks similar to one playing pool on table 3.
so those thinking bb cant read are the ones that cant think.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to learn of hookups between AZB regulars. Looks like a nice poolroom, too.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for sharing. It's always nice to learn of hookups between AZB regulars. Looks like a nice poolroom, too.
As a room owner and AZB regular, I feel a very unique connection to a fellow AZB regular who takes the time and make the effort to come visit our pool room, whether planned in advance or if they just happen to show up unannounced. Boone, NC is certainly not near any major interstate and someone certainly has to go out of their way to make the effort to come here.

Every encounter I’ve had with AZB regulars here over the years has always been very enjoyable, pleasant and respectful, and yesterday‘s visit from Black-balled was no exception.

Walter is certainly a strong enough player that when we agreed to play some, both not knowing how the other played, he could have tested my pride playing in my own room and asked whether I want to play for $, but he didn’t and I didn’t ask him either, thankfully. Regardless, speaking for myself and my guess is for him as well, we both have enough pride in our games and respect for the game, that we both still tried our best.

Walter’s 3-C skills certainly show, and he was generous enough to share a few helpful keys regarding 3 rail kick shots that I never knew. If any of you here ever has the chance to play some with Walter, you’d better pack your A game with you!

axejunkie

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good to hear you guys connected. I consider Walter a friend from my time in the DC area and he is a strong player who can play many games. I'd like to visit the Carolinas more and see your room.