Need Advice What color wrap?

srober40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looking for suggestions.

I want to get this cue re-wrapped in leather.

What color do you think will look the best?

I have in my mind that light brown would look nice. Would have to be close in color to the stain to look right I guess..... Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Scott

Attachments

• joss resized 9.jpg
    joss resized 9.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 418
  • joss resized 10.jpg
    joss resized 10.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 351

Kevin Lindstrom

14.1 Addict
Silver Member
Just my opinion

I suggest a solid black wrap for this cue. The tan will not standout if it is to close to the color of the forearm wood color. I like the wrap to stand out on the cue.

Kevin

srober40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What a coincidence. I PM'ed another AZB member that has wraps and all he had in stock was tan elephant!

santorno

Registered
Kevin Lindstrom said:
I suggest a solid black wrap for this cue. The tan will not standout if it is to close to the color of the forearm wood color. I like the wrap to stand out on the cue.

Kevin

Yes, black wrap would look sharp.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
i'll vote for black as well but in a smooth antique style.............

skins ------------- loves those old Bushka smooth wraps.........

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
elephan ear wrap or black lizard....

srober40 said:
Looking for suggestions.

I have in my mind that light brown would look nice. Would have to be close in color to the stain to look right I guess..... Open to suggestions.

Thanks,

Scott
Hope this help you.:wink:
Here is pictures of elepant ear wrap.
IMG_0841.jpg

CUE ON THE LEFT WITH BLACK ELEPHANT EAR WRAP.
IMG_0913.jpg

Black Lizard will stand out for the complete cue IMOP.
IMG_0888.jpg

IMG_0718.jpg

IMG_0711.jpg

patrickjuhlin

A+ Banger
Silver Member
I would suggest a Kangaroo leather wrap. If you have never felt Kangaroo leather it is amazingly smooth and strong. MY next leather wrap will be a Kangaroo one.

srober40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Looks like Black is the color of choice so far.

Suprised about the elephant suggestions. I have never felt an elephant wrap on a cue. (felt it on cowboy boots) I'll bet it wears like steel.

Thanks for all of the suggestions.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
black for sure, which ever you prefer, elephant is nice, kangaroo feels cool too, .

What ever leather you choose is has to be black as it will make the ring work at the joint look great, good balance of colors. Brown would be a disaster!!

nick serdula

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Leave it alone!

If you do have a wrap done send it to Bill, Timi or Danny. But seriously keep the lenin!
Nick :)

benny-the-blade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My choice, as well

patrickjuhlin said:
I would suggest a Kangaroo leather wrap. If you have never felt Kangaroo leather it is amazingly smooth and strong. MY next leather wrap will be a Kangaroo one.

Yes, definitely black kangaroo leather.

ATM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Elephant feels too grity too me, like sandpaper. Did I have a bad rap (lol) or is that how they all feel. Kangaroo is softer and smoother?

8Ball48043

Addicted to the Sport
Silver Member
Looking for suggestions.

Thanks,

Scott

I think light brown would not stand out against the light wood butt sleeve and forearm, and black would look just like the cue currently does ... not affording you a 'really different' cue from what you have now.

How about a medium or dark brown?