Need help with cue ID

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all, any help on the ID would be appreciated.
thanks for the help.
IMG_3699.jpg

IMG_3701.jpg

IMG_3704.jpg

IMG_3698.jpg

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Reminds me of a Schon but not comfortable saying it is. Pics of shaft joint may help.

worktheknight

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
can you post a photo of the end of the joint looking down at it, is this piloted?? also, if the shaft does fit well, a photo of the end of one of the shafts.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
image.jpg

The shafts are not original, I didn't take pictures.
It looks to be a 5/16x14.
A standard tascerella shaft fits it quite nice.

Last edited:

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
looks

Like a old Russ Esputia not sure how to spell his last name. Even could be a old Bill McDaniel I say that cause of the very thin sliver ring at the joint.

cueenvy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The super thin ring at the joint made me think McDaniel as well. The rest of the cue does not. The butt and weight bolt are all wrong. So who else used that thin of a silver ring? It's a nice cue, needs a refinish.

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue ID Help

I have a Espiritu with the sharp inlays very similar to that and it was made in 1994. The butt cap is also like an Espiritu.

Moet.1977

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
yea

I have a Espiritu with the sharp inlays very similar to that and it was made in 1994. The butt cap is also like an Espiritu.

I think your right it looks like an old Russ Espiritu he used thin sliver rings at the joint.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Russ signs his cues. I am not entirely confident it is one of his. If it is his, then he should probably refinish it with a signature.

Hard to value it without a positive ID.

It does have some features of an Espiritu cue.

Personally, I don't think the but cap looks like Espiritu though. And I do have an Espiritu.

He does use a thin metal ring. And he has used a black and white dashed ring similar to those on that cue.

But I am really not sure on this one.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have sent Russ an email with the pictures, we should know if it is his or not, soon.
thanks for all the help!

Mustang

Registered
I believe you are in Texas, right? I have no idea, but this could be an old Jericho cue. I believe Jerry Powers was the cuemaker's name. He lived somewhere west of Dallas or Fort Worth, if I remember correctly.
Anyway, just a thought.

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it is a jerrico. Actually mave have been Mondo Cannales's. I know he had one similar 25 years ago:rolleyes: