NEED QUICK ANSWER - Removing printing on balls

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
As per title... removing print on balls.
I have no idea what kind of printing is on Aramith balls. It's an advertisement logo.

Other than sanding with very fine grits, ideas?

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Well THAT didn't help answer my question.
Anyone WITH knowledge?

Last edited:

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
As per title... removing print on balls.
I have no idea what kind of printing is on Aramith balls. It's an advertisement logo.

Other than sanding with very fine grits, ideas?
I assume you mean the Aramith logo that appears on some cue balls. Is that what you want to remove?
If you could post a picture of the problem, that would help.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
The set I wanted was sold. OH well. BUT I'm still interested in knowing for the future.
The brand name logo's I know are embedded into the surface and that can't be removed without making the ball smaller.
But those that are surfaced printed with unknown ink. Is there a chemical like acetone that will remove it? Of course without softening the ball material.

Last edited:

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you are referring to the numbers {1-15}--they go all the way through

If you are referring to the red or blue or black dots on the CBs, they go in at least 1/2 mm (20 thou)

Acetone will dull the gloss of the balls {and so will lacquer thinner.}

Just use the balls as they arrive in their box.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
PRINT on ball removal, not embedded 'X'.
OK, guess I'm not going to get my question answered.
THANKS ALL.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
PIX? ummm, does the front ball of my LOGO/AVATAR work for you?
Pictures won't help in this question since I'm now asking generically.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
OK, ok... if you really need to know.
I'm want to number a set of "Xxxxxxxxxx" balls.
Currently to get such set is around $250 to $280, that's rather steep since I haven't won Lotto yet.

:unsure: IF I told you what I'm doing, I'd have to shoot you... with my cue. :giggle:

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't know for fact, but I've never seen the markings wear off the balls before, and I've seen some super cheap $20 sets that were played for years that still had the markings intact. I would "guess" the only chance you have is to abrade it off, and that is only if its truly some sort of surface logo that is not embedded into the ball at all.

Are you looking for a pure white ball to make your own artwork on it? If so, you can buy cheap cue balls for about $4 each.

No one is giving the answer you want, because this might truly be an original question:)

PoodlePuncher

Registered
The Aramith continentals supposedly have screen printed numbers, that eventually wear off.
you could probably polish them away.
Continental

All other aramith balls have the numbers in the resin, so they're part of the ball.

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
YAAaaah I usually ask what wasn't asked before. (sounds like Star Trek)
It's something new I tried this past weekend and went over sorta big. It has variations to how its played and numbers are needed.
I've got several pool games that's not widely known but I'm sure someone tried 'X' without really knowing what they're doing. I also try hard to use the balls as they are but this game doesn't lend itself to a normal set.
About ten years ago I was invited to Ray Schuler's shop and met Ceulmans kid and a close friend of his. I showed both one of my Carom games and Ivan asked if he could take it back to Europe. Video cam as witness, I/we agreed with stipulations.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
A new carom game....lemme think about that...

4924ACA2-AA48-4D31-ABAF-2A06E6488A66.jpeg

Floyd_M

"Have Cue, Will Travel"
Silver Member
Yup, Bobbleball, been there. They partly have what I want. There I'd only need a partial set but they won't break up sets.
I have an outlet for the few balls I need.