Negative iTrader - Did I Deserve It?

Quality Cues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 99.6%
231   1   0
A guy bought a cue from me that was delivered to him on 2/6 and he said the forearm was warped when he received the cue. I had the cue at a cuemakers shop right before I shipped it out to have the finish on the butt buffed out... butt of cue was straight on the lathe. I told the buyer I would refund his money less shipping.

He never sent the cue back, and now on Fed 13th asked for a refund again and I refused since he had the cue for a week. I stated the shaft had a roll, and the butt was dead straight.

He then left me negative iTrader which means way more to me than the cue I sold. I have never had one bad deal on this forum or anywhere else that I can ever remember.

Did I deserve negative iTrader?

Hi Jamie:

The answer to your question is an unequivocal "no." I can go you one better. I worked out a trade + cash deal with an attorney for a cue I was selling here on AZ. He sent me a couple of cues and neither was as represented, so I shipped them back at my expense. When I changed my for sale thread to note that the cue was again available for sale because someone shipped me "junk" in trade that I returned, the guy left me negative iTrader feedback (my only one today). I was shocked that I got feedback from a guy who shipped me junk pool cues that I paid to return with my own money. As they say, there is an idiot in every crowd, and he found you. I'm convinced that if you do enough cue deals on AZ, you will get a negative iTrader feedback from at least one nut even where you do nothing wrong. Don't let it bother you. Any body who knows you knows that you have an excellent reputation.

Mike

Reactions: CMD

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
161   0   0
Bunch of Bologna............

You handled it perfectly..
You offered a refund, and he should of shipped the cue immediately..
I'm sure you would of extended the buyer courtesy if he had something come up
beyond his control..

Jamie,

You handled the situation just as I would have. If he really did think he had a warped cue, and you had told him to ship the cue back, I would think it would be in the next day`s mail on the way to you. If it were me I could hardly wait to get it in the mail back to you....not a week later!

The cue is not his to do what he wishes with it for a week if he is supposed to be sending it back. He might have played in four different leagues, or left it in his car for a week, or.....tried to flip it quick but couldn`t, or showed his girl friend his cue, or.....if it was going to take a week, you should have been apprised....

Sorry it happened, you got a bum iTrader feedback.

Will Prout

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
177   0   0
Did his final request for a refund mention new symptoms? If there was no change in condition and a request had already been made, I don't see why it wouldn't have been granted.

I think the negative was a little strong, but a flat refusal to something that he took too long to respond on? Life gets in the way, as we all know. What if he just couldn't get back to his computer for a week? I don't know. I think the refusal shouldn't have happened either.

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
The guy can't be serious!?!?!!!

Jamie,

You handled the situation just as I would have. If he really did think he had a warped cue, and you had told him to ship the cue back, I would think it would be in the next day`s mail on the way to you. If it were me I could hardly wait to get it in the mail back to you....not a week later!

The cue is not his to do what he wishes with it for a week if he is supposed to be sending it back. He might have played in four different leagues, or left it in his car for a week, or.....tried to flip it quick but couldn`t, or showed his girl friend his cue, or.....if it was going to take a week, you should have been apprised....

Sorry it happened, you got a bum iTrader feedback.

Will Prout

Jaime,

I'm with the rest of us here on AZ which supports you as an exceptional seller and resource for fine cues.

I had the unfortunate experience earlier this year on EBAY with a buyer who after stealing the "C" series McDermott proceeded to tell me the butt rolled funny -- then changed his complaint to one of the two shafts didn't fit properly on the joint......he wanted a concession.

Well, being me, I knew the cue was perfectly fine I simply asked him to return the cue as posted in the listing.....return shipping is on the buyer.

Oh hell no, he wants me to pay for the return shipping as the listing was erroneous -- BULLSHT. Well, he left me my 1st negative feedback (ever) -- HATE IT!!!

There are scammers all over this place and EBAY which is unfortunate. Your REP will not be diminished IMHO with this one clown's (-) rating. I don't like it but I've got one on EBAY for nothing other than doing the right thing.....just like everyone would expect from a "Class Act".....such as yourself, sir ;)

Cheers,

Ken
:smash:

ballinhandsqeez

Registered
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
I'm the one who bought the cue and it was the most warped custom cue I've ever seen. Tip comes half an inch off the felt when rolled. I spent the week trying to get a hold of dominiak to see what it would take to fix the cue because I like it. I told Jamie right away when I got there was a problem and he said it has a taper roll that doesn't effect the play. That's just not true! I'm sorry... Brian

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
421   0   0
First ,I don't think you deserve a negative.Ithink Jamie is a good guy.
Second,I don't think its a big deal
Third,it disturbs me that everyone is almost ready to convict the other guy for a crime

Lets say he was a little out of line,does that mean he is a bad guy?
I don't think so,perhaps a kind letter to the guy from a few seasoned guys.

I don't like to fuel the flames
I read that "blessed are the peace makers"

wouldn't it be better to help everyone without fixing the blame

just fix the problem and move on

My statements are not for Jamie,but for those who seem to ready to punish

that's my take
dean

ps he had not responded when I wrote my response
so i did not take his comments in,when I spoke
or misspoke

mmedford

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
I'm the one who bought the cue and it was the most warped custom cue I've ever seen. Tip comes half an inch off the felt when rolled. I spent the week trying to get a hold of dominiak to see what it would take to fix the cue because I like it. I told Jamie right away when I got there was a problem and he said it has a taper roll that doesn't effect the play. That's just not true! I'm sorry... Brian

Well; If there was issues...why not send it back in the first place? The OP has access to the repair people if the cue needed it.

The clan is against you at this point...be careful with your words.

-Mark

sharpq

What's a "Taper Roll" ???
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
110   0   0
LOL. Funny how unforgiving people can get when money gets in the way.

The guy was sold a warped cue and he is the bad guy for leaving negative itrader because he agreed to a refund a few days too late?

If this happened to a buyer that nobody knew; then we would be singing a different tune.

If the roles were reversed we would be screaming at the other guy for ripping off Jamie and not giving him a refund on a warped cue.... we would stand up for Jamie and justify why he waited a full week to respond to the offer.

This is a funny crowd.

The guy was sold a "presumed" warped cue, he never showed any proof (i.e. video, send back immediately, pic)

Jamie wouldn't wait a WEEK to respond to a warped cue refund offer, if he bought one. Makes no sense to do so. EDIT: just saw the buyers post..... He should have told Jamie that he was trying to get a hold of the maker to try and rectify problem. Even so, Jamie still has no proof that this "warp" has happened.

Again as usual, it comes down to good communication!

Last edited:

ballinhandsqeez

Registered
Rating - 75%
3   1   0
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=350222&highlight=dominiak

Hello there I'm the one who bought the cue from Jamie. The minute I got the cue I let him know there was a problem because when the cue was rolled the tip comes off the felt half an inch! I rolled the butt and shaft by themselves finding there is a taper roll in the butt and shaft which caused the drastic tip movement when rolled together. I offered to eat all the shipping charges and send it back. Spent extra working days trying to get a hold of Dominiak to see what it would take to fix the cue. He is refusing to take it back and I feel this is a fare itrader feedback. I'm sorry Brian

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Really don't care how this turns out since it doesn't affect my opinion, or complete trust, in you.
You have to feel great about the way so many swarmed to your support and not too many others would receive that.
Thanks again for cue of the year........it seems so far away 'til the 2014 contest.....is it too much work for a cue of the season
or a cue of the mid-year contest....boy, it's so easy to suggest things like this when I don't have to contribute a stitch of work
in getting it done.....a lot is involved. Okay, never mind......looking forward to next year's contest.

Matt B.

p.s. The Blackcreek Propellor Cue on your site is beautiful.
([B]www.new2youqs.com[/B])

Last edited:

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
1/2" warp...good lord....that needs to be seen by Jamie/seller. That's not taper wobble, that sounds like possible damage in shipping. Also, the buyer bought the cue from Jamie, so he alone (Jamie) is responsible for addressing an issue, even if it's a new cue he got from Dominiak to sell (which I don't know to be the case). In many cases when a buyer contacts a maker about a cue purchased from a dealer or other third party, it simply adds confusion to the equation, especially when the seller doesn't hear from you for a week. This is beginning to sound more like total communication breakdown.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
322   0   0
1/2" warp...good lord....that needs to be seen by Jamie/seller. That's not taper wobble, that sounds like possible damage in shipping. Also, the buyer bought the cue from Jamie, so he alone (Jamie) is responsible for addressing an issue, even if it's a new cue he got from Dominiak to sell (which I don't know to be the case). In many cases when a buyer contacts a maker about a cue purchased from a dealer or other third party, it simply adds confusion to the equation, especially when the seller doesn't hear from you for a week. This is beginning to sound more like total communication breakdown.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
agree 100%

if it turns out that there was a communication breakdown, I hope the buyer (ballinhandsqueez) will request that AZ management fix Jamie's iTrader.

GL to you both in getting this worked out.

best,
brian kc

krbsailing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
323   0   0
If I new how to put a video of proof on here I would. I have it on my smart phone and would be happy to send it that way. Phone to phone. Brian

Brian,

Where is Russell, Iowa? I grew up in Ft. Madison......probably not that far from you as I remember the geography???

Anyways, leaving somebody negative feedback is a big deal for most of us here as we try to make everyone happy.

Please get ahold of Jamie and figure this out. The negative rating is perhaps something that may not be reconciled.

However, I believe Jamie is a standup guy and has a cue business that does not need this kind of BS. You owe him an absolute apology and, please try to get the powers to be here to wipe away this unfortunate bad rep.

Jaime is a very trustworthy individual and would not sell you anything that would be unacceptable, IMHO.

You should simply send the cue back and get the refund that was offered.

Best to you both,

Ken :frown:

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
This a video link of the tip being rolled. I did this with my limited resources at the moment with my laptop upside down. Clearly isn't just a taper roll. Also believe it or not got a hold of Dominiak and they want me to send them the cue even though I didn't buy directly from them. Brian

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQiskn0hdk4&feature=youtu.be
Looks like either butt or shaft is warped. Did you try to roll them separate? Do it to figure out what is warped.
See, that is why I do not believe in "taper roll", "minor play" etc. it doesn't matter - a warp is a warp.
But still, seller offered a refund.
If I was the buyer, I would ship it back that same day.