New Brunswick GC6 - Any Questions?

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I think that’s a very, very high estimation. The hardest part about building anything out of natural materials is the time, documenting it and then duplicating it consistently. Once you got that down then run them.

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

You will need cnc machines .
You will need to import slates with your specs.
You will need storage for your woods. They have to be climate controlled.
Warehouse with forklifts ?

How many tables will he have to sell to even break even ?

I don't think it's feasible at all.
Customizing one table at a time in a niche market is as good as it gets for someone like Mark in today's world imo.

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
You will need cnc machines .
You will need to import slates with your specs.
You will need storage for your woods. They have to be climate controlled.
Warehouse with forklifts ?

How many tables will he have to sell to even break even ?

I don't think it's feasible at all.
Customizing one table at a time in a niche market is as good as it gets for someone like Mark in today's world imo.

I won't go into great detail because it's not what this thread is about, but I've known two different people who make good quality custom tables in my area and neither invested anywhere near a million to do it.
And believe it or not, one of them was a female.

Granted, youd never be able to touch the volume of any serious factory, but procuring the proper materials is not nearly as hard as you might expect. For example, there is a wood warehouse nearby with climate controlled stock of just about any type of wood you could ever want.

There is also a granite shop nearby that will custom cut any slab of stone into any shape you want.

Hood Leather is located in Wisconsin and can produce any kind of pockets you desire.

It wouldn't be "easy" per say, but I'm pretty sure that Mark or any other good carpenter could produce a table for a price comparable to Brunswick's, as long as they were suitably skilled.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I won't go into great detail because it's not what this thread is about, but I've known two different people who make good quality custom tables in my area and neither invested anywhere near a million to do it.
And believe it or not, one of them was a female.

Granted, youd never be able to touch the volume of any serious factory, but procuring the proper materials is not nearly as hard as you might expect. For example, there is a wood warehouse nearby with climate controlled stock of just about any type of wood you could ever want.

There is also a granite shop nearby that will custom cut any slab of stone into any shape you want.

Hood Leather is located in Wisconsin and can produce any kind of pockets you desire.

It wouldn't be "easy" per say, but I'm pretty sure that Mark or any other good carpenter could produce a table for a price comparable to Brunswick's, as long as they were suitably skilled.

I knew two who quit. Cava and Railmaster tables in LA.

Ok, let's put it around $200K.

I think if Mark saw there is a future in it, he would have done it already.

I knew two who quit. Cava and Railmaster tables in LA.

Ok, let's put it around $200K.

I think if Mark saw there is a future in it, he would have done it already.

BIG BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 200k and a MILLION.

The mention was about developing a table. Not producing in mass. Once a table is developed and documented then you can choose to have it manufactured any number of places. Anyone have any ideas where? Once you start to sell the product you can invest in machinery and staff to manufacture locally in house if you choose so.

But, to design a table (especially if you own the skill set) and produce on is not as much as one would expect.

Gregory sounds like a nice line of tables to me. Especially based on his reputation. However if Diamond makes the perfect table as some claim then why bother. Personally I don’t believe so but, that’s just my opinion.

Changing the way tables have played for a century is not necessarily better. Only different. For instance springy tight banking tables with tight pockets seem to be preferred by one pocket players. Reason being is the can make tighter banks will less speed and potentially make that shot and if not leave it in the jaws.

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
BIG BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN 200k and a MILLION.

The mention was about developing a table. Not producing in mass. Once a table is developed and documented then you can choose to have it manufactured any number of places. Anyone have any ideas where? Once you start to sell the product you can invest in machinery and staff to manufacture locally in house if you choose so.

But, to design a table (especially if you own the skill set) and produce on is not as much as one would expect.

Gregory sounds like a nice line of tables to me. Especially based on his reputation. However if Diamond makes the perfect table as some claim then why bother. Personally I don’t believe so but, that’s just my opinion.

Changing the way tables have played for a century is not necessarily better. Only different. For instance springy tight banking tables with tight pockets seem to be preferred by one pocket players. Reason being is the can make tighter banks will less speed and potentially make that shot and if not leave it in the jaws.

To save time and effort, one could simply take apart an existing table model, and use it's parts as a jumping-off point for a new redesign. Keep what works and tweek the rest. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
Table

To save time and effort, one could simply take apart an existing table model, and use it's parts as a jumping-off point for a new redesign. Keep what works and tweek the rest. No sense in reinventing the wheel.

-

Hey Glen, are your ears burning..... is there a echo in here....? LoL

Rob.M

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
.................................................................................

Last edited:

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
The interview has been completed and it will be online this evening no later than 9pm central.

Keep your eyes peeled for a new thread and a fb post

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Gold Crown cushions better than Diamond cushions. Diamonds bank short but consistently short.

cheapcues.com

Cue Dealer
Silver Member
Oh yeah, and WTF is up with rasson totally ripping off the GC. In th mosconi cup, I thought it was a GC until I saw they had a modern looking base on the thing. Which is really weird btw, because the essence of the gold crown is a classic style table without modern interpretation, IMO. Rasson's table looked like a blend of bad ideas if you ask me.

You think THIS looks like a Gold Crown? What, like it has 6 pockets?