New Diamond Furniture Model Table Being Assembled Today

289FIA

Good looking table and the pocket angles look perfect. What size table do you have?
8' ..table is a hybrid .. they stopped making the furniture models and had the body of a Jubilee model in oak with oak legs for the Arkansas model .. bought that and had them stain it cherry .. turned out nice.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great looking table. If you don't mind me getting personal how much did it cost? I was under the impression Diamond's furniture line was in the 3k range, while their Pro/Am line was in the 6000 range. My numbers are a few years old, however.

289FIA

Great looking table. If you don't mind me getting personal how much did it cost? I was under the impression Diamond's furniture line was in the 3k range, while their Pro/Am line was in the 6000 range. My numbers are a few years old, however.
$4200 was the discounted price that I paid in July 2020 .. believe MSRP towards the end of 2019 when they finally discontinued the furniture line was $4500 - $4700 depending on the dealer .. that is the price I was looking at from several dealers.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
$4200 was the discounted price that I paid in July 2020 .. believe MSRP towards the end of 2019 when they finally discontinued the furniture line was $4500 - $4700 depending on the dealer .. that is the price I was looking at from several dealers.
Just curious, if you know, was/is the furniture line of Diamond tables actually made entirely at the Diamond factory, or an Asian import like many others companies do for most of their tables these days?

289FIA

Just curious, if you know, was/is the furniture line of Diamond tables actually made entirely at the Diamond factory, or an Asian import like many others companies do for most of their tables these days?
They are 100% made by Diamond in their factory. 100% hard wood (mine is Oak) with the exception of the bed for the slate which is 3/4" plywood .. everything is CAD CAM cut to the table design. The side boards on mine are 5/4" red oak (one inch thick) .. with 3 oak cross pieces that I believe are 4: * 4". Legs are made from the 5/4" oak boards joined.

289FIA

Right now I see listings at Seyberts for

7' Diamond Pro Am $5995
8' Diamond Pro Am $6995
9' Diamond Pro Am $7995

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
They are 100% made by Diamond in their factory. 100% hard wood (mine is Oak) with the exception of the bed for the slate which is 3/4" plywood .. everything is CAD CAM cut to the table design. The side boards on mine are 5/4" red oak (one inch thick) .. with 3 oak cross pieces that I believe are 4: * 4". Legs are made from the 5/4" oak boards joined.
It doesn’t surprise me they decided to discontinue their furniture line since they apparently have their hands full trying to meet the demand for their commercial lines.

289FIA

It doesn’t surprise me they decided to discontinue their furniture line since they apparently have their hands full trying to meet the demand for their commercial lines.
That is pretty much what their sales manager commented "we are focusing on our bread and butter the pro model tables with pro cut pockets. We might redesign the furniture line to incorporate pro cut pockets .. but that is down the line" or words to that effect. So apparently the table I bought had been a special order as it has 4 3/8" pockets .. a tad tighter than the standard 4.5" pro cut .. and the buyer cancelled. I was advised I would be getting the standard league cut pockets with the table but that turned out to be incorrect .. so last night I had quite a few shots "rejected" from inside that deep shelf .. that would have been pocketed in a standard bar box table. My stroke needs to improve a lot.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That is pretty much what their sales manager commented "we are focusing on our bread and butter the pro model tables with pro cut pockets. We might redesign the furniture line to incorporate pro cut pockets .. but that is down the line" or words to that effect. So apparently the table I bought had been a special order as it has 4 3/8" pockets .. a tad tighter than the standard 4.5" pro cut .. and the buyer cancelled. I was advised I would be getting the standard league cut pockets with the table but that turned out to be incorrect .. so last night I had quite a few shots "rejected" from inside that deep shelf .. that would have been pocketed in a standard bar box table. My stroke needs to improve a lot.
Consider yourself lucky - based on the overhead photo of the pocket you included, these are certainly not deep shelves compared to the older 9 foot Diamond models.

JoeyInCali

Maker of Joey Bautista Cues
Silver Member
I concur with Scott . Book him for a session or more. He simplifies the stroke down that it does not become a stroke but a motion of going from A to B with the grip hand.

289FIA

Richard...I can help you with that...whenever you are ready!

Scott Lee
2019 PBIA Instructor of the Year
Director, SPF National Pool School Tour
Will definitely get in touch by phone in another week so we can nail down a date. Looking forward to it.

Buzzard II

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Two things, one what is the size of the area rug? Two, feed Scott a NJ style Italian hot dog. Two dogs on the hogie roll, peppers, onions and fried potatoes. Trust me, he'll eat it.

289FIA

Two things, one what is the size of the area rug? Two, feed Scott a NJ style Italian hot dog. Two dogs on the hogie roll, peppers, onions and fried potatoes. Trust me, he'll eat it.
Rug is 10' wide * 13' long. Works perfect for the 8' table .. which is 104" long.