New Diamond Furniture Model Table Being Assembled Today

289FIA

Wow a great story. Thanks for sharing. It’s fun watching the progress “live”.
Was fun until it wasn't ! Diamond shipped the wrong pockets with the table .. so we had to stop assembly. Correct pockets arrive Thursday. There goes my plan of shooting pool tonight .. I can look at a partially assembled table instead ..like a kid at Christmas .. with Santa stuck in the chimney.

289FIA

This is the table as it stands right now .. bubble wrapped rails are sitting in the corner of the room waiting for the new leather pockets with #6 irons to arrive.

Attachments

• Table almost done.jpg
    Table almost done.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 254

289FIA

Thats a great looking room, and I also love the updates and progress tracking.
Thanks ... was fortunate that my wife agreed with the idea of building a "guest cottage" as a man cave. So now my loading bench and gear will have a room .. with a bathroom and wet bar area .. and the pool room with dart board set up. Nice place to spend evenings with a few buddies.

289FIA

Throw up a picture of the Cobra in the interim. Congrats on the table. Enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Will stick with the room for a bit .. had this dart board in a variety of garages over the past 30 years . .and finally have a good spot for it. Our electrician is a dart enthusiast .. he recommended offsetting it away from the window .. "because somebody will put a dart through it". So thats why it is a bit off center on that wall. Diamond gave me their stain supply contact and I was able to get a gallon of the cherry stain they use and I used that on

-A pub table for the billiard room
-a speaker / cd player stand in the billiard room
-a pool cue rack and wooden ball rack
-3 drink rails made from oak
-light box and escutcheon (made the light box from Pine to be lighter)
-bathroom vanity, medicine cabinet and towel shelf and rack
-Back board to protect the wall below the dart board!

So this project has given me an outlet for using some energy and getting the satisfaction of having built some stuff that I will be using daily. Has been fun.

Attachments

• Dart Board and Back Board.jpg
    Dart Board and Back Board.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 153

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For good luck, always set up an easy shot for the first shot....AND MAKE DAMN SURE YOU MAKE IT. Good luck and congrats.
My first home table...I made the 9 on the break with my first shot. Seriously!

Over the next few years, I realized that antique was so easy, balls would pretty much fall into the pockets from anywhere near the mouths...but I don't have to tell the story wit a 2nd paragraph!

289FIA

For good luck, always set up an easy shot for the first shot....AND MAKE DAMN SURE YOU MAKE IT. Good luck and congrats.
Is that a Walking Horse you're riding? I did some riding the past two years at a stable near our home .. they have 72 acres and abutt an 18,000 acre nature preserve with trails. One of my favorite horses to ride was a Tennessee Walking Horse ..big guy .. his gait was as quick as most Quarter Horses slow - medium canter.

Tennesseejoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is that a Walking Horse you're riding? I did some riding the past two years at a stable near our home .. they have 72 acres and abutt an 18,000 acre nature preserve with trails. One of my favorite horses to ride was a Tennessee Walking Horse ..big guy .. his gait was as quick as most Quarter Horses slow - medium canter.
No, this is an American Quarter Horse that I trained for barrel racing...just sold him for well into 5 figures.

289FIA

No, this is an American Quarter Horse that I trained for barrel racing...just sold him for well into 5 figures.
Nice .. have a good buddy who is one of the top Cowboy Mounted shooters in Florida .. has an incredible grey QH that only a few people besides him have been able to ride as she is so quick and turns almost at full gallop. He trained her from a colt and has been offered upwards of $20,000 for her .. but can't sell as he then won't be competitive. He would rather win a buckle than have the cash .. and she is beautiful.

jviss

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Subscribed. I'd like to see the loading bench. I have a brand-new Hornady AP that I have yet to "commission." :)

289FIA

Subscribed. I'd like to see the loading bench. I have a brand-new Hornady AP that I have yet to "commission." :)
Have to get the bench moved from our house .. it's in our utility room and is piled with "stuff". I have a Dillon 550B that I got a good 20 years ago.
It has paid for itself many times over. These are the guns I mostly load for .. pair of Colt 45's with 7.5" barrels, a Marlin cowboy chambered in 445 Colt, and a Shiloh Sharps buffalo rifle chambered in 40-65. Also load some 45 ACP for my Les Baer Premier 45 ACP, but shoot a lot more 45 Colt.

Attachments

• Cowboy Guns.jpg
    Cowboy Guns.jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 138

7stud

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Was fun until it wasn't ! Diamond shipped the wrong pockets with the table .. so we had to stop assembly. Correct pockets arrive Thursday. There goes my plan of shooting pool tonight .. I can look at a partially assembled table instead ..like a kid at Christmas .. with Santa stuck in the chimney.
Arggggh! 😭 :mad:💩🤬😥😟🤔🍺🍹🍷🥴:sleep: